home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-14-2021, 07:43 PM   #1
ggatorgirl
Two Bedroom

Default Mix and Match points?

I made a reservation today and wanted to use some of 2022 year's points from 2 different contracts for a reservation in the 7 month window.. They are March 2022 UY points for a reservation in that UY.

I was told I had to use ALL the available points from one contract before I could tap a second set of points.

NOT what I wanted to do, as I have plans to use those points for reservations later in 2022 where I need the 11 month window.

I swear that I have been able to mix and match the points within the 7 month window before. What's up now?
ggatorgirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:05 PM   #2
ggatorgirl
Two Bedroom

As Roseanne Rosannadanna would say "Nevermind"

I knew there was a way around it and it finally came to me...

Made a placeholder reservation for the number of points from Contract 1 that I wanted to hold for a future 11 month reservation.

Canceled the original reservation that used all the points from Contract 2, that I also would need for future reservations.

Rebooked the original reservation that would then allow me to use exactly as many points as I wanted from Contract 1, with the remaining (fewer) points coming from Contract 2.

Canceled the placeholder which put the Contract 1 points back where they belonged.

Convoluted?? You bet. I hate having to work the system like this, but grateful for learning the workaround from MOs many years ago.

Thanks.
Old 09-14-2021, 09:39 PM   #3
Sarco11
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggatorgirl View Post

Made a placeholder reservation for the number of points from Contract 1 that I wanted to hold for a future 11 month reservation.

Canceled the original reservation that used all the points from Contract 2, that I also would need for future reservations.

Rebooked the original reservation that would then allow me to use exactly as many points as I wanted from Contract 1, with the remaining (fewer) points coming from Contract 2.

Canceled the placeholder which put the Contract 1 points back where they belonged.

Convoluted?? You bet. I hate having to work the system like this, but grateful for learning the workaround from MOs many years ago.

Thanks.
Nice Job!
Sarco11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:42 PM   #4
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Iím confused.
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 10:19 PM   #5
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:

Thanks.
I've done that before but using different home resorts with same use year
Old 09-15-2021, 09:17 AM   #6
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:

Thanks.
Very convoluted, and somewhat strange that they weren't able to do this for you. Seems like this should be something you could do at your discretion. Nonetheless, nice job on figuring out a workaround!

Old 09-15-2021, 09:18 AM   #7
noreen99
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
Iím confused.
Same here - having another cup of coffee than reading again
noreen99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 11:11 AM   #8
Sephorin
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
Iím confused.

But I'm glad everything worked out!
Sephorin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 11:35 AM   #9
ggatorgirl
Two Bedroom

Real numbers:

OKW had 57 2022 points left. I needed 35 for a later 2022 11 month reservation, so I wanted to take only 22 points from that contract and 57 of the AKL.

AKL had the 79 2022 points remaining, but I didn't want to use as many of those, but made the original reservation using those points exclusively.

So I found a 35 point reservation and made the placeholder with OKW points I wanted to 'save'.

I canceled to original reservation, so those 79 points went back to AKL.

I then made the reservation I wanted taking those 22 remaining OKW points and only 57 of the AKL ones.

I then canceled the placeholder and those 35 points went back to OKW and 22 went back to AKL.

Easy Peasy!
Old 09-15-2021, 12:14 PM   #10
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Real numbers:

OKW had 57 2022 points left. I needed 35 for a later 2022 11 month reservation, so I wanted to take only 22 points from that contract and 57 of the AKL.

AKL had the 79 2022 points remaining, but I didn't want to use as many of those, but made the original reservation using those points exclusively.

So I found a 35 point reservation and made the placeholder with OKW points I wanted to 'save'.

I canceled to original reservation, so those 79 points went back to AKL.

I then made the reservation I wanted taking those 22 remaining OKW points and only 57 of the AKL ones.

I then canceled the placeholder and those 35 points went back to OKW and 22 went back to AKL.

Easy Peasy!
Thanks Sue. I understand it now.
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote