home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Site / Forum News and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-05-2018, 10:26 PM   #101
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
New TV Show: You’re Banned!

Dirk
No, Douchbag Scammer.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:21 AM   #102
Disney dreaming
Two Bedroom

Thank You for this info. This is too scary. But Yes I think he may just keep changing names. WoW!
Disney dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:30 AM   #103
Disney dreaming
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
The R/T section has evolved over time.....just as the overall DVC rental market. I did not know about this board when it started, back then I was DisB-centric. Then one day Greenban (a legendary poster) was banned from that board. He had such an influence on my early DVC years and is the reason I have all those points. I searched and found Tony had landed here. Back then, the traffic was supper slow and rent/trade board was dead. It was totally the people, the discussions, the personalities and the advice that brought in the people. I felt that after the 2008 recession, the R/T section started bringing in more non-regulars then regular posters, looking for a discounted way to get to Disney World.

I love my MO peeps! I miss MO peeps that have come and gone! No other board gives me what I need for my Disney fix.
I remember Greenban from the other board. I also remember he was banned over there. I didn’t find this board till 2014. I was over there for years.
Disney dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 08:50 AM   #104
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney65 View Post
No, Douchbag Scammer.
That's the title. "You're banned," will be the catchphrase.

I'm sure there's at least one cable network that would pick it up!

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 08:52 AM   #105
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
The R/T section has evolved over time.....just as the overall DVC rental market. I did not know about this board when it started, back then I was DisB-centric. Then one day Greenban (a legendary poster) was banned from that board. He had such an influence on my early DVC years and is the reason I have all those points. I searched and found Tony had landed here. Back then, the traffic was supper slow and rent/trade board was dead. It was totally the people, the discussions, the personalities and the advice that brought in the people. I felt that after the 2008 recession, the R/T section started bringing in more non-regulars then regular posters, looking for a discounted way to get to Disney World.

I love my MO peeps! I miss MO peeps that have come and gone! No other board gives me what I need for my Disney fix.
Greenbanned (his name here) popped in for a spell a year or two ago. I wonder what happened? I think he had family stuff that led to the liquidation of his points, but thought he might have been back.

Dirk

Old 11-06-2018, 10:53 AM   #106
paige
Studio

I have to get my Disney fix on this board! You were all so much help when we were looking to buy our contract which was only 2 years ago so my post count is low as well. I've rented a couple of times from this board for VGC since we would have a very hard time getting it at 7 months esp in summer when we would travel out to the west coast.
My main question is with the rental process getting so scary how is David's protecting people or are they? Would that be a better option? A lot of you I recognize now after being on the board for a while but some that post points on the RTB I have no idea who they are!
Old 11-06-2018, 01:09 PM   #107
Daddio
Grand Villa

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by paige View Post
My main question is with the rental process getting so scary how is David's protecting people or are they? Would that be a better option?
I can provide you with facts that might be the answer to your first question.

I have been providing owners and renters with excellent service solutions for over 13 years and here are the results:

0 owners have lost money due to a scam.
0 renters have lost money due to a scam.

Thanks for listening. Now, back to our regular broadcast

~ David
Daddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 04:41 PM   #108
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
New TV Show: You’re Banned!

Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney65 View Post
No, Douchbag Scammer.
Quote:
That's the title. "You're banned," will be the catchphrase.

I'm sure there's at least one cable network that would pick it up!

Dirk
Oh no, now look what I started!

However, I have another idea. After all, scammers are thankfully few and far between. And Judge Judy must be getting tired of the drama by now, sooo ....

Judge Kim could hear all kinds of infractions, from scammers to those like the above example.

“You’re banned” would be the perfect response to them, whether for a month or for life.

And “douchebag scammer” could be emblazoned in red across a mugshot of the worst of all culprits.

MOs could apply to be the court officials for each episode.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:09 PM   #109
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
Oh no, now look what I started!

However, I have another idea. After all, scammers are thankfully few and far between. And Judge Judy must be getting tired of the drama by now, sooo ....

Judge Kim could hear all kinds of infractions, from scammers to those like the above example.

“You’re banned” would be the perfect response to them, whether for a month or for life.

And “douchebag scammer” could be emblazoned in red across a mugshot of the worst of all culprits.

MOs could apply to be the court officials for each episode.
We should give violators the choice of being judged by Judge Ms. Personality or a panel of their MouseOwners peers. I would honestly prefer my chances with Kim.

Dirk

Old 11-06-2018, 05:40 PM   #110
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by paige View Post
I have to get my Disney fix on this board! You were all so much help when we were looking to buy our contract which was only 2 years ago so my post count is low as well. I've rented a couple of times from this board for VGC since we would have a very hard time getting it at 7 months esp in summer when we would travel out to the west coast.
My main question is with the rental process getting so scary how is David's protecting people or are they? Would that be a better option? A lot of you I recognize now after being on the board for a while but some that post points on the RTB I have no idea who they are!
At a high level, the way David’s process is structured it would be a great deal more difficult to pull off a scam and the scammer would get a lot less money. Nothing is completely crime-proof, but crooks go for the most amount of money for the least amount of work and trying to scam via David’s would be a whole lot of work as compared to just looking for easy prey on message boards, eBay, etc. where they can get more money for far less effort.
If I could not work with a known MO member, I would absolutely 100% go with David’s (which is exactly what I did except for one short rental to a MO regular).

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote