home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Cruise Line
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-04-2018, 12:02 PM   #1
mark0157
One Bedroom

Default Can you add-on people to an already existing reservation?

Hello,

Wondering if it's possibly to add on a child to an already existing reservation?

Also, is it possible to use points and cash to book a reservation?

Thanks!
mark0157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 12:24 PM   #2
SAMAYA
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0157 View Post
Hello,

Wondering if it's possibly to add on a child to an already existing reservation?

Also, is it possible to use points and cash to book a reservation?

Thanks!
If you go online to your 'My Dashboard' and under 'My Vacation Plans' click on your reservation and then View or Modify Details.

Then next to Guest Information click on Modify and then scroll down to Add Child Guest

Enter the child's info and click continue.

Update.
Sorry just realize this is for a Cruise reservation and not DVC.
SAMAYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 12:40 PM   #3
mark0157
One Bedroom

Update.
Sorry just realize this is for a Cruise reservation and not DVC.[/quote]

No, my bad...I should have specified on a DVC cruise!
Old 11-04-2018, 12:41 PM   #4
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Did you book the cruise yourself, or use a TA?
Old 11-04-2018, 12:47 PM   #5
mark0157
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Did you book the cruise yourself, or use a TA?
Neither...just planning and we will book all 5 of us in one room, but if Grandpa comes along we would rather only book 3 of us since if we add a room for grandpa he would have to pay for 2 anyways.

So I was thinking we could book our room now with one kid and if needed add the other kids if grandpa does not come.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:03 PM   #6
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Quote:
Neither...just planning and we will book all 5 of us in one room, but if Grandpa comes along we would rather only book 3 of us since if we add a room for grandpa he would have to pay for 2 anyways.

So I was thinking we could book our room now with one kid and if needed add the other kids if grandpa does not come.
You want to put the kids on the reservation now. The clubs can fill up and you may not be able to add a child later. Also if early dining books up, you will have to switch all of you to late to dine together or be split.
With 5, have you thought to book 2 rooms for the 5 of you? We often booked 2 connecting cabins when we had 5. Then we would put the kids in 1 and the Adults in 1.
2 Cat 10's is very close in price to 1 cabin that sleeps 5
DVCQUEEN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 03:00 PM   #7
mark0157
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCQUEEN View Post
You want to put the kids on the reservation now. The clubs can fill up and you may not be able to add a child later. Also if early dining books up, you will have to switch all of you to late to dine together or be split.
With 5, have you thought to book 2 rooms for the 5 of you? We often booked 2 connecting cabins when we had 5. Then we would put the kids in 1 and the Adults in 1.
2 Cat 10's is very close in price to 1 cabin that sleeps 5
No...hadn't thought about it...but we are leaning towards concierge. A verandah is a must have though...so even if we skip concierge we'd still go with the verandah rooms!

Not a bad idea though...then I assume we could just add grandpa later if needed?
Old 11-04-2018, 03:45 PM   #8
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Quote:
No...hadn't thought about it...but we are leaning towards concierge. A verandah is a must have though...so even if we skip concierge we'd still go with the verandah rooms!

Not a bad idea though...then I assume we could just add grandpa later if needed?
Yes, you will have space to add him later and not have to worry about losing your dining or kids club space.
You can look at the deck plans to map out.
But once we booked 2 cabins we didnít go back to 1.
DVCQUEEN is online now   Reply With Quote