home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Site / Forum News and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-03-2018, 10:53 AM   #61
AlwaysDreamingDisney
Grand Villa

Thank you, Kim and all of the other moderators who police this site.

I do have to say that Iím relieved that Iíve never needed to rent to this point and Iím overjoyed that the properties Iíd listed for sale have sold. Not a fan of people taking advantage of others for any reason!

Now all of my kids are "Disney Adults"

Proud owner at VWL

Had owned at VGC, SSR and OKW too. Sad to see those points go but moving very close to the Mouse!!!
AlwaysDreamingDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 10:54 AM   #62
Redhead58
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCERSINCEDAY1 View Post
the rental board as it is or with whatever changes kim deems appropriate is a very important component of mo as a whole. it can be easy to forget that in scam times such as this.
I agree. I rented from someone who posted on this forum a few years ago and liked it so much I decided to become a DVC member. If not for the RTB Board, I would never have realized the fun and magic of Disney. I have had a lot of great trips since then. It helped me bond with friends and family who I can't see very much because we are separated by a lot of distance. Yeah, WDW is not perfect, but it's a place where I can reconnect with others, and the advice / info on this site has been wonderfully helpful over the years. Thanks to all who manage it.
Old 11-03-2018, 11:37 AM   #63
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0157 View Post
I cannot post on the "other" rental board because I do not have the time or the patience to meet the post count requirements and I don't want to pay

So yeah, if a Disney freak like me can't do it I imagine many scammers won't either...and if they do, man, that's dedication!!

That being said, I think it's much easier to engage on this board than the "other"...it's too busy. This board is so clean and simple!
That's because we don't have hidden agendas (travel agencies to support) nor does Kim monetize every square inch.

The offering is simple: a Disney fan community focused on DVC. Nothing more. Nothing less!

Dirk

carolina_yankee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 11:49 AM   #64
mark0157
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
That's because we don't have hidden agendas (travel agencies to support) nor does Kim monetize every square inch.

The offering is simple: a Disney fan community focused on DVC. Nothing more. Nothing less!

Dirk
And that's why I love you and this site!! Literally the best DVC site out there!
mark0157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 11:55 AM   #65
bubster
Grand Villa

Quote:

Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0157 View Post
And that's why I love you and this site!! Literally the best DVC site out there!
My thoughts exactly. Many thanks to all that make it happen.

This place is the absolute best.
Old 11-03-2018, 03:52 PM   #66
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCERSINCEDAY1 View Post
the rental board as it is or with whatever changes kim deems appropriate is a very important component of mo as a whole. it can be easy to forget that in scam times such as this.

Disagree completely. Could disappear this instant with absolutely zero impact for me and many others, and with minimal impact for those who may rent but are actually here for other reasons as well.

Quote:

Dirk

Agree completely. With a bonus of creating close friendships, even family, if one invests the time to develop such with some of the wonderful people here.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 03:55 PM   #67
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Disagree completely. Could disappear this instant with absolutely zero impact for me and many others, and with minimal impact for those who may rent but are actually here for other reasons as well.
I wouldn't underestimate the value of the R/T boards in bringing traffic here. Many of our regulars do rent out their points and I suspect some of their loyalty to this site over some of the others is due to their ability to do so in a fairly straightforward way.

There are certainly tons of people who just hang out over there, but it's all of a piece. MO would be very different without it.

Dirk

Old 11-03-2018, 03:58 PM   #68
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
I wouldn't underestimate the value of the R/T boards in bringing traffic here. Many of our regulars do rent out their points and I suspect some of their loyalty to this site over some of the others is due to their ability to do so in a fairly straightforward way.

There are certainly tons of people who just hang out over there, but it's all of a piece. MO would be very different without it.

Dirk

Fair enough, though those I happen to be closest to I think would be here regardless, however.

And even if not I already know them now, haha.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 03:59 PM   #69
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Fair enough, though those I happen to be closest to would be here regardless, however.

And even if not I already know them now, haha.
That's true - but if they had to go elsewhere to rent their points, not sure they'd be as engaged here!

Dirk

Old 11-03-2018, 05:14 PM   #70
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Grand Villa

Quote:
the number of regulars here is relatively small compared to overall traffic. many regulars began on the rental board. we generally have a good flow of regulars in and out.

we know you'll be here regardless (keeping your spot as #1) but over time, participation would dwindle and there would be fewer new regulars. and the board would get very boring.

and, we also know that you do not rent out/in points at all and have always had disdain for those who do. your position always has been that if you were in control, the rental board would be gone. you made this clear years ago, way before any real spammer problems.

perhaps you'd like to do a poll to get additional insights on this topic. i think your perspective is in the minority.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Black Jack, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is offline   Reply With Quote