home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 10:45 PM   #641
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenekb View Post
Now that our kids are both adults and are not living at home, but still want to come to WDW with us, I am trying to figure out a way for them to be able to take advantage of the DVC ticket perks. We have two children and fully intend for each of them to inherit our points (should we not outlive the contracts). My question is, if we add their name to their half of the points, will this make them official DVC members and so eligible for member perks? Some related questions: how hard is this to do, how costly, and how long does it take?

Thanks.
Yes you can add them to the deed and yes that will make them members with all the perks. Call Member Administration for the details. I think you have to make a no risk pass through ROFR (they won't take it but I think you still have to go through the motions), then have the deed reissued. You could probably do everything yourself, but one of the title companies that handles DVC resales could do it for you. If you use a title company, I think it's around $250 (someone doing the same thing recently posted the cost but not sure on the amount)

Something to keep in mind ... If you put their names on the deeds, legally they own part of it. If one of them ever gets into debt issues or goes through a divorce your DVC would be something that a third party could make a claim against.

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

Old 09-20-2017, 12:01 AM   #642
DonJose
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSVinNJ View Post
I'm confused.......so if I have TSMM & TT fastpasses I cannot schedule a FP+ at MK after banding in at my 2nd FP in HS? Do I need to schedule and use 3 at HS first?
It's been my experience that when using the app you can only reserve 3 FPs at the same park in advance. So I had to waste FPs I had no intention of using.

Old 09-20-2017, 12:49 AM   #643
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSVinNJ View Post
I'm confused.......so if I have TSMM & TT fastpasses I cannot schedule a FP+ at MK after banding in at my 2nd FP in HS? Do I need to schedule and use 3 at HS first?
My understanding is that if you want to schedule at a different park then you don't have to have 3 at the first park. After you tap to use your first FP where you are scheduled for 2 FP's you will then be allowed to select a third FP at a different park.

If you were going to use 3 FP's at a single park then you would have to wait until you tapped for the 3rd FP before you could add one there.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:55 AM   #644
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJose View Post
It's been my experience that when using the app you can only reserve 3 FPs at the same park in advance. So I had to waste FPs I had no intention of using.
That is true you can't do it in advance but I think they were talking about only scheduling two FP's and then after using one or two schedule the third at a different park and that can be done.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:34 AM   #645
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
My understanding is that if you want to schedule at a different park then you don't have to have 3 at the first park. After you tap to use your first FP where you are scheduled for 2 FP's you will then be allowed to select a third FP at a different park.

If you were going to use 3 FP's at a single park then you would have to wait until you tapped for the 3rd FP before you could add one there.
Your understanding is right, you can book one or two in advance and then as soon as you've tapped in for the first, you can book your remaining "advance" fps at another park.

It must be the least well known fastpass rule. It was only by chance I found out about it before our last trip, and it was great to know. Especially if you were wanting FoP. Book one whenever you can get it, and then hop to another park and finish there.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:05 AM   #646
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:

Your understanding is right, you can book one or two in advance and then as soon as you've tapped in for the first, you can book your remaining "advance" fps at another park.

It must be the least well known fastpass rule. It was only by chance I found out about it before our last trip, and it was great to know. Especially if you were wanting FoP. Book one whenever you can get it, and then hop to another park and finish there.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:40 AM   #647
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post

This is a new one on me - Thanks!

To clarify, if we have three scheduled for the park we are in, and get on a ride earlier via standby, can we modify the FP to another park (assuming we have used at least one FP at park 1), or can it only be done if you never have 3 FP selections to begin with?
Old 09-20-2017, 09:55 AM   #648
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyfan0805 View Post
This is a new one on me - Thanks!

To clarify, if we have three scheduled for the park we are in, and get on a ride earlier via standby, can we modify the FP to another park (assuming we have used at least one FP at park 1), or can it only be done if you never have 3 FP selections to begin with?
As long as you have used at least one FP at the park you are in then you should be able to modify the one you don't need anymore because you're riding it standby to be used at another park. So you can have the FP's existing as a backup and then try standby and switch if the standby works out for you.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:09 AM   #649
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:
As long as you have used at least one FP at the park you are in then you should be able to modify the one you don't need anymore because you're riding it standby to be used at another park. So you can have the FP's existing as a backup and then try standby and switch if the standby works out for you.
Great - I had no idea of this one. Might have changed my planning for next month's trip a little, but we'll make it work to our advantage anyway. Thanks!
Old 09-20-2017, 10:39 AM   #650
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenekb View Post
Now that our kids are both adults and are not living at home, but still want to come to WDW with us, I am trying to figure out a way for them to be able to take advantage of the DVC ticket perks. We have two children and fully intend for each of them to inherit our points (should we not outlive the contracts). My question is, if we add their name to their half of the points, will this make them official DVC members and so eligible for member perks? Some related questions: how hard is this to do, how costly, and how long does it take?

Thanks.
From what I've heard (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) once you change/add names on the contract it also impacts your ability to combine points. So the points on a contract with you and your spouse couldn't be combined with a contract with y'all and the kids without a points transfer. That may or may not be a concern for you depending upon how you use your points.

Last edited by rowrbazzle; 09-20-2017 at 10:51 AM.
Closed Thread