home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-02-2019, 04:41 PM   #711
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelard of Bath View Post
Let's not forget one of my favorites, Pepsi Zero (or as it used to be called, Pepsi Max): 69mg caffeine per can. Mtn Dew has 55. Diet Coke 42, Coke and Coke Zero 32. I thought Dr Pepper and Mr Pibb were around the 40 mark.

While those numbers are very interesting, taken out of context they mean nothing...Red Bull is 111, 8oz coffee is 95mg caffeine, but who drinks 8oz. That's like those little coffee cups you see at antique shops. Most modern "American" coffee mugs that we all have measure in at 12oz which would be close to 150mg caffeine (so 3x Mtn Dew), and let's not even get started on those people who leave Starbucks with those giant coffees. And the $$$ that's another topic
Nice research! Pepsi Zero/Max apparently is relatively new, and as I don't drink Pepsi products (just for simplicity -- cuts the field in half), I wasn't aware of it.

BTW if you research the origins of Coke Zero, it's kind of interesting. I always thought that it had zero sugar and zero caffeine, as the name would suggest. But ... it turns out that Coke Zero, just like Diet Coke, has no sugar but does have caffeine. In other words it's functionally identical to Diet Coke. (They claim it tastes more like "real Coke"; I wouldn't know or care.)

BUT... Coca-Cola Inc was afraid, perhaps correctly, that men wouldn't drink Diet Coke because it was marketed toward women. So they created Coke Zero and marketed it toward men!
I discovered all this after drinking Diet Coke for roughly 35 years. Their marketing of Coke Zero toward men totally missed me. I saw it in the grocery stores for years and eventually got curious, otherwise I'd still have no idea.

I'm sure glad I don't live in the same world as those advertising execs...

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)

Last edited by erikthewise; 12-02-2019 at 04:47 PM.
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 05:58 PM   #712
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Wow. It's been so long since I've had sugared soda I tend to forget they still make it...
Maybe you need to hide it from him like my sister did with our mom's cigarettes. Good luck with your quest.
I’m a nurse. I would never try to detox an addict by making him go “cold turkey!”
Old 12-02-2019, 07:49 PM   #713
Kerri jo
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Thanks! I will likely give it try next week(!)
I have TS reservations up to my eyeballs but will probably cancel one or two, if only to try mobile order.

ETA: I've been doing BOG since before it opened, and have always ordered in advance. I assume that nothing has changed in procedures there...
No changes in BOG procedure that I'm aware of; one thing I learned the hard way is that the pre-order/skip the line has to be in at least 48 hours before reservation. Otherwise, join the line and wait about 30 minutes to order. Ugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrbazzle View Post
Once you pick up the food, doesn't your card get charged right away? The last time I stayed (about 18 months ago) it was immediately processed rather than "charging it to my room" like with a MB. Has this changed? Or am I just remembering incorrectly? I like being able to pay at the end with a gift card, but also enjoyed the convenience of mobile order.
My mobile orders have always been charged to the room through MDE, with option to pay with gift card any time prior to checkout/departure.
2019 ~ PVB, PVB, SSR, DLP, BCV, BCV, HHI, BWI, PVB, AUL; 2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), BLT; BCV; PVB; BWV; PVB; BLT; PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ All Star Sports; 1980s ~ Fort Wilderness, Contemporary
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:47 PM   #714
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom

Quote:
BTW if you research the origins of Coke Zero, it's kind of interesting.
You are right on the "Men won't drink it" aspect. Also, both Pepsi and Coke struggle with the fact that people equate "diet" with "tastes bad" and so they have both come out with "Coke Zero" and "Pepsi Zero" (and if you are Coke you also have Mr Pibb Zero, Mello Yello Zero, and others) because they don't have "Diet" in the name. They are trying to get away from that stigma.

Actually, until just recently, Pepsi Zero was called Pepsi Max as it had ginseng in it, which I assume is why it was was called "Max". Still has ginseng by the way.

If you ask me, Pepsi Zero and Coke Zero do taste alot like "real" pepsi and coke, and I can barely tolerate Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi. But that's just me, an "I only drink diet" person. I made the switch to diet 20 years ago (it was a struggle) as a lazy way to get hundreds of calories a day out of my system...now if I drink "real" soda it leaves this horrible aftertaste. Which I assume is the corn syrup; a real sugar-based soda wouldn't do that.

At this point, I see that we have digressed greatly from the "Stupid Questions" thread - we should stop before we get yelled at
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:58 PM   #715
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri jo View Post
My mobile orders have always been charged to the room through MDE, with option to pay with gift card any time prior to checkout/departure.
We use it a lot and have never seen that. It's always been charged to the CC that is stored on your MDE or they've added the option to pay with DP.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:24 PM   #716
Kerri jo
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri jo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
We use it a lot and have never seen that. It's always been charged to the CC that is stored on your MDE or they've added the option to pay with DP.
To clarify, gift card doesn't come up as an option on MDE; the dining/meal shows as a charge on the resort bill, and guests can stop at the desk at any time during the stay to have a gift card applied toward the resort balance if they want to avoid a final charge to the credit card used to guarantee any charges made through MDE.
2019 ~ PVB, PVB, SSR, DLP, BCV, BCV, HHI, BWI, PVB, AUL; 2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), BLT; BCV; PVB; BWV; PVB; BLT; PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ All Star Sports; 1980s ~ Fort Wilderness, Contemporary
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:05 AM   #717
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelard of Bath View Post
Yes, that could be, I was just looking at some pictures of the fridges and I remembered the "can holders" on the inside of the door. But the plastic tray things in the door had a bump-out that might hold a large bottle perfectly...I never had anything to put in it before except for several cans.

If I could have a fast-food-style fountain in my house, I would.
Try soda stream.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 09:17 AM   #718
Eeyorelover22
Two Bedroom

I continue to have issues with my December UY when we travel in December.

When can I use my December 2021 points?

Sept 2020 is a no go.

December of 2020?

I'm not sure I want to use them that time of year anyway, but I'm in planning mode.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:36 AM   #719
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
I continue to have issues with my December UY when we travel in December.

When can I use my December 2021 points?

Sept 2020 is a no go.

December of 2020?

I'm not sure I want to use them that time of year anyway, but I'm in planning mode.
Your December 2021 UY points would be used for reservations that take place between 12/1/2021 and 11/30/2022.

They could be borrowed against for reservations that will take place between 12/1/2020 and 11/30/2021.
They could be banked and used for reservations that will take place between 12/1/2022 and 11/30/2023.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:30 AM   #720
disneyfreak89
Grand Villa

Default Hilton Head Island

I know this is a long shot, but can someone do me a favour and see if there are any studios available at Hilton Head for March 15-29?

2016 Post Stroke Trip Report

Honeymoon '89 - OFFSITE 1990 - FW; 1992 - Dixie Landings; 1996 - FW; 1999 - FW/CSR; 2001 - Dixie Landings;
2003 - FW; 2005 - POFQ/ POR; 2006 - Pop; 2007 - Pop/CBR; 2008 - SSR/OKW; 2009 - Pop/CSR; 2010 - VBR/WL/Pop;

2011 - SSR/BWV/AKV; 2012 - SSR/BWV/VBR/HHI; 2013 - POR/SSR; 2014 - OKW/BCV; 2015 - SSR; 2016 - Pop/SSR/AKV - 2018 - POR
disneyfreak89 is offline   Reply With Quote