home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-02-2019, 02:29 PM   #11
Deb & Bill
Grand Villa

If they are kids who love heading for the pool as much as possible, keep that into consideration as well. The pool will destroy the BBB look.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:05 PM   #12
clhlaptop
Grand Villa

We always set our appointments on a day when we were having a special meal. Also we would get a fast pass with the princess they dressed up as. We never bring princess shoes. Just comfy sandals. Also we always bring our princess outfit. We once got a light weight made costume but other times we only wore the dresses for pictures or until they got hot. Our shorts outfit went with the princess they chose though or we had a sun dress that went with their character. Also the bun, which my girls got the first time lasted two days even with swimming. They did have long hair though. We liked the castle better but my girls got a kick out of being in the castle. We also did the first appointment of the day so then I think we got to go in early.
clhlaptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 05:47 PM   #13
leo122160
Studio

Our DGD had it in the castle. 8:30 AM. Was an experience of a lifetime.
She was a princess all day at MK. We were thrilled with the very aspect of it!
Old 12-02-2019, 06:22 PM   #14
B'rer Karen
Grand Villa

Thanks, all! Tomorrow is booking day. All of your input is helpful.

I will be passing along the comments regarding the outfit and shoes to my DB and DSIL. They're the ones footing the bill for it, and will have to deal with unhappy princesses. I'm just facilitating the planning.

WDW:Offsite '85, Offsite '90, Offsite '96, DI '00, DI '01, S/D Nov. '01, POR Sept. '02, CBR Mar. '03, S/D June '03, CBR Sept. '03, CBR Oct. '03, OKW Feb. '04, SSR/OKW Oct. '04, OKW Mar. '05, SSR Sept. '05, SSR Oct. '06, SSR Mar '07, SSR Oct. '07, SSR Oct. '08, SSR Oct. '09, AKV Feb '10, BCV Oct. '10, AKV Feb '11, BCV Oct. '11, VWL Feb '12, BCV Oct. '12, AKV Feb '13, BCV Oct. '13, AKV Feb '14, VGF/Disney Dream/BWV Oct '14, SSR Feb '15, AKV Oct '15, BLT Mar '16, SSR Oct '16, SSR Feb '17, Poly Oct '17, SSR Feb '18, OKW Oct, '18
DL: May '00, Mar. '06,
Aulani: May '19
B'rer Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 07:43 PM   #15
Raspus
One Bedroom

We took our great nieces to this about eight years ago. We did it at the castle. We footed the bill for everything including dresses and shoes. Expensive but worth it. We weren’t going to get the shoes but when the girls were told the shoes had gems from the seven dwarves mines there was no way to say no.

We did late afternoon. We had reservations at CRT right after it. That worked well for us and the girls had a wonderful time.

Last edited by Raspus; 12-02-2019 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Spelling
Raspus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:36 AM   #16
DisneyObsessed
Studio

So fun!!! Everyone will love it. We have done it several times, along with Pirateís League. We buy our dresses through Little Adventures because they are much lighter and not itchy. They have sales so I usually wait for that. Fit us true to size. I do not think you can go wrong with morning or afternoon. I would plan it around your meal. The good thing about later in the day is that the hair will stay put and maybe get a second day use out of it (especially if pulled up). I canít wait to hear how the booking goes!
DisneyObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:07 AM   #17
B'rer Karen
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspus View Post
We took our great nieces to this about eight years ago. We did it at the castle. We footed the bill for everything including dresses and shoes. Expensive but worth it. We werenít going to get the shoes but when the girls were told the shoes had gems from the seven dwarves mines there was no way to say no.

We did late afternoon. We had reservations at CRT right after it. That worked well for us and the girls had a wonderful time.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyObsessed View Post
So fun!!! Everyone will love it. We have done it several times, along with Pirateís League. We buy our dresses through Little Adventures because they are much lighter and not itchy. They have sales so I usually wait for that. Fit us true to size. I do not think you can go wrong with morning or afternoon. I would plan it around your meal. The good thing about later in the day is that the hair will stay put and maybe get a second day use out of it (especially if pulled up). I canít wait to hear how the booking goes!
Thank you! I will let my DB and DSIL know about Little Adventures.

WDW:Offsite '85, Offsite '90, Offsite '96, DI '00, DI '01, S/D Nov. '01, POR Sept. '02, CBR Mar. '03, S/D June '03, CBR Sept. '03, CBR Oct. '03, OKW Feb. '04, SSR/OKW Oct. '04, OKW Mar. '05, SSR Sept. '05, SSR Oct. '06, SSR Mar '07, SSR Oct. '07, SSR Oct. '08, SSR Oct. '09, AKV Feb '10, BCV Oct. '10, AKV Feb '11, BCV Oct. '11, VWL Feb '12, BCV Oct. '12, AKV Feb '13, BCV Oct. '13, AKV Feb '14, VGF/Disney Dream/BWV Oct '14, SSR Feb '15, AKV Oct '15, BLT Mar '16, SSR Oct '16, SSR Feb '17, Poly Oct '17, SSR Feb '18, OKW Oct, '18
DL: May '00, Mar. '06,
Aulani: May '19
B'rer Karen is offline   Reply With Quote