home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-02-2019, 01:49 PM   #191
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
Cancel it right away.

Norwegian sucks and I will never take another cruise with them. I'd rather stay off-site, purchase tickets by the day, have no fast passes, and wait in line at least half an hour for every attraction at Epcot. Does that tell you how much I hate Norwegian?
Wow! This is a 5 day cruise with free airfare. Please elaborate!!! ( Or send PM )
Old 12-02-2019, 01:52 PM   #192
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Cancel it right away.

Norwegian sucks and I will never take another cruise with them. I'd rather stay off-site, purchase tickets by the day, have no fast passes, and wait in line at least half an hour for every attraction at Epcot. Does that tell you how much I hate Norwegian?
Oh my. That must have been a truly horrible experience!
Old 12-02-2019, 02:11 PM   #193
hilaw
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
Wow! This is a 5 day cruise with free airfare. Please elaborate!!! ( Or send PM )

From my experience with Disney, Princess and Norwegian, Norwegian is by far in a class way, way below the other two. Their ships are nothing to talk about, their dining is for the masses, and their overall standards are sub par. They don't try to make things special. Boo to Norwegian!
hilaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 05:50 PM   #194
jrm1504
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaw View Post
From my experience with Disney, Princess and Norwegian, Norwegian is by far in a class way, way below the other two. Their ships are nothing to talk about, their dining is for the masses, and their overall standards are sub par. They don't try to make things special. Boo to Norwegian!
apparently, the must still be serving lutefisk.
2007 DW All Star Sports
2011 DW Port Orleans French Quarter
2012 DW Dolphin
2013 DW BCV (our wedding)
2015 DW BLT (son's 1st b'day)
2015 VWL
2016 DL Grand Cal
2018 BLT and BWV

jrm1504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 06:10 PM   #195
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Thanks for your input!!
Old 12-02-2019, 07:25 PM   #196
hilaw
Grand Villa

Quote:
Thanks for your input!!

Exceptional deals are worth giving Norwegian a try, too!
hilaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 09:17 AM   #197
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Exceptional deals are worth giving Norwegian a try, too!
I would counter that with "you get what you pay for." Sometimes a deal really works. Other times, a deal just gets you to spend less money on an experience you'll hate when a little bit more money could have given you an experience you'll love.

Talking with friends who have cruised multiples lines and multiple itineraries, it's become clear to me that you really have to be clear in your own mind what you want out of a cruise, what is your final budget (after upcharges, nickel and diming, etc. are factored in), and what are your touring goals.

I've pretty much decided that as much as I would love to do a Med cruise for a variety of reasons, I would rather see the ports by land for greater flexibility and deeper immersion. I don't want to be on a cruise ship for transportation. I want to be on a cruise ship for relaxation.

And, if I want relaxation, I want certain things on the ship and certain kinds of ship. So, a great deal isn't always a great deal unless it gives you exactly what you want . . .

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:14 AM   #198
administrator
Site Overlord

Quote:
I have to say that the service was great, as was the majority of the itinerary. However, during a 2-week cruise, the menus never changed, and the food SUCKED. It was worse than grade-school cafeteria food. Seriously.

The other thing that is critical to mention is that NCL pays absolutely no attention to hygiene; you are almost guaranteed to get sick on one of their cruises (whether it's a cold or a gastrointestinal illness; just look for mentions of Norwegian on Google News).

If you look on Cruise Critic, you'll see plenty of examples of all of this.

Cruise at your own risk.
administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:38 AM   #199
Boundin'
Grand Villa

Friends just came back from two week Norwegian Greece/Italy itinerary. They had no complaints that I know of, but they seemed to be concentrated on the ports and tours way more than the cruise.

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

BCV BWV BLT VGC
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:51 AM   #200
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
I have to say that the service was great, as was the majority of the itinerary. However, during a 2-week cruise, the menus never changed, and the food SUCKED. It was worse than grade-school cafeteria food. Seriously.

The other thing that is critical to mention is that NCL pays absolutely no attention to hygiene; you are almost guaranteed to get sick on one of their cruises (whether it's a cold or a gastrointestinal illness; just look for mentions of Norwegian on Google News).

If you look on Cruise Critic, you'll see plenty of examples of all of this.

Cruise at your own risk.
Thank you so very much. We have been going back and forth about keeping this cruise as this was a “trial” cruise for us. Paramount is cleanliness!!! You have solidified our decision. Now, where to go next July?