home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-30-2019, 10:51 AM   #11
capeokw56
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelard of Bath View Post

I see you said Raglan Road first day, so that's nice, from OKW you can take the boat to Disney Springs and it lets you off pretty close to Raglan Road. Also the OKW bus is pretty easy to get at DS and the ride is short.
The boat to Disney Springs from OKW is a pretty nice way to get there too.
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 10:56 AM   #12
Hi from RI
Grand Villa

Though I Love going with my children (all 5 of us going in January!) I really LOVE the adult only trips. Just feels different- other people not DVC don't get it. We started those trips 4 years ago and are doing one every year-usually F & W-still have a 14 year old home and limited family around but we enjoy it immensely. OKW not my home haven't been since 2016. Not our favorite (don't love how spread out it is) but we actually talked last night about going back soon. I do like the vibe there, my DD13 loved the pool area because of the community hall and food area right there, rooms are big, close to DS....Have fun!!!

ME Nicole ,DH , DS24 : , DD22 , DD14
Hi from RI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 11:02 AM   #13
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
Congrats on your purchase and welcome home! I hope you enjoy OKW as much as we do, it was our first contract and we love it there. Were you able to get a villa near the Hospitality House?

You might want to find time to eat at Olivia's while you're there. People consider it a "hidden gem" and go there to eat even when they're not staying at OKW.

I regularly drive from BCV to eat at Olivia's. My "excuse" is the Key Lime Tart but I always enjoy the entire meal.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 11:48 AM   #14
SnowWhite4
Grand Villa

Congratulations on your SSR purchase. You are gonna love that one bedroom at OKW! Huge, and with the recent renovation, it’s beautiful. The boat to DS is very convenient and a nice relaxing ride, too. Have fun!

Last edited by SnowWhite4; 07-30-2019 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Addition
SnowWhite4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 12:20 PM   #15
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi from RI View Post
OKW not my home haven't been since 2016. Not our favorite (don't love how spread out it is) but we actually talked last night about going back soon. I do like the vibe there, my DD13 loved the pool area because of the community hall and food area right there, rooms are big, close to DS....Have fun!!!
If you DO get back there doing adults-only, you could consider requesting a room near one of the other pools - generally nice and quiet, sometimes some kids, usually 4pm or something as people come back from the parks and start to get ready for dinner. But not like the loud and energetic front pool.

Turtle Pond pool is considered a quiet pool but slightly larger than the other quiet pools, has a snack-shack, shuffleboard, and my favorite - the laid-back reggae/calypso/island music loop.
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 03:08 PM   #16
wingerphil
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelard of Bath View Post

I see you said Raglan Road first day, so that's nice, from OKW you can take the boat to Disney Springs and it lets you off pretty close to Raglan Road. Also the OKW bus is pretty easy to get at DS and the ride is short.
We have to activate our AP's so figured Disney Springs would be a good place for that on our way to dinner. Don't anticipate getting in until mid to late afternoon anyway with the two hour time difference from frigid South Dakota to the warm sunshine of Florida so we are just planning to do some settling in and get the "lay of the land" around the resort. Guess it all depends on when we get in and when our Villa is ready on what we will accomplish besides dinner.
wingerphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:32 PM   #17
leo122160
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingerphil View Post
We have to activate our AP's so figured Disney Springs would be a good place for that on our way to dinner. Don't anticipate getting in until mid to late afternoon anyway with the two hour time difference from frigid South Dakota to the warm sunshine of Florida so we are just planning to do some settling in and get the "lay of the land" around the resort. Guess it all depends on when we get in and when our Villa is ready on what we will accomplish besides dinner.
Congratulations ! OKW is fantastic ! Raglan Road is where DW and I usually start our trip when only us. Enjoy !!!!!
Old 08-02-2019, 02:45 PM   #18
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom

Quote:
We have to activate our AP's so figured Disney Springs would be a good place for that on our way to dinner.
I have no experience but I've HEARD that DS can have a long line for activating APs. We are in a similar boat, usually wife likes it when we activate at the front of MK then ride the boat across and eat at Fort Wilderness. This next time we've talked about activating at MK then eating at Casey's Corner...or just going to DS and eating Blaze Pizza (she loves it) and just waiting until the next day to activate...who knows.

It would be awesome if you could activate at the nice concierge desk in the lobby of the resort.
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 05:40 PM   #19
capeokw56
Grand Villa

Quote:
We have been to Guest Services at DS to bridge our UT PHs to APs. We did it just before dinner, same as you're planning, and we were in and out in 10 minutes. Hope you are as lucky as we were.
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 07:31 PM   #20
cw62803
Two Bedroom

Congratulations on your purchase. I hope you and your family enjoy your DVC membership as much as my family does.

Old Key West is a chilled relaxed place - and perfect for your 1st DVC experience. I recommend you try every resort eventually. Each one has something unique to offer.

While at OKW, I recommend dinner at Olivia's. The Seven Mile Sea Scallops may be the best dish I've eaten in WDW. If you get over to Disney Springs (a lovely boat ride from OKW,) Morimoto Asia is a wonderful (though pricey) restaurant. They have a walk-up window that sells their unbelievable, incredible, remarkable ribs. I have only had them inside the dining room, but they are, without a doubt, one of the finest, most delectable things I've ever put in my mouth.
cw62803 is offline   Reply With Quote