home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-02-2019, 03:17 PM   #1
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Default Have A Stupid Question? 2019 Edition

Happy New Year!

Quote:
Its a new year which means that its time for a new thread.
If you have a stupid question to ask, ask it here without fear of reprisal or being told to go use the search button.

It may or may not get answered, depending on who sees it when.

It may be a such good question that someone will suggest you take it prime time and make it its own thread.

You may get a great answer.

Or several!

Or a stupid answer.

Ready....go!
Old 01-02-2019, 03:44 PM   #2
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Thanks for the new thread. I kept looking at the old one yesterday thinking, “someone really needs to start a new thread...”
Old 01-02-2019, 04:19 PM   #3
chunter
Two Bedroom

How many night time shows does Hollywood studios have?
Which ones are your favorites?
chunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 04:33 PM   #4
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunter View Post
How many night time shows does Hollywood studios have?
Which ones are your favorites?
I've gotten new appreciation for Fantasmic - it's an enjoyable show. The fireworks at DHS now use building projections a lot so where you watch from has become more important. I used to think DHS had the best fireworks of any WDW park but it changed when they moved the launch site and added the projections. It's still enjoyable though, just not the must do it once was for me.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:23 PM   #5
Sephorin
Grand Villa

Is there a DVC kiosk in the Magic Kingdom?

And how do those kiosks work? Will they sell me points right then and there? Or is it just an informational thing?

I was thinking of checking for some direct points on my upcoming trip. Thought I might get a different answer from the kiosk cast members.

Thanks for the help!
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 04:55 PM   #6
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephorin View Post
There are DVC kiosks in all theme parks and at Disney Springs.

Quote:
And how do those kiosks work? Will they sell me points right then and there? Or is it just an informational thing?
They can only provide basic information about DVC. If you want to speak with a sales person (aka Guide), the CMs working the kiosks can set up an appointment and even arrange transportation to the Preview Center at SSR.
Old 01-04-2019, 05:11 PM   #7
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephorin View Post

I was thinking of checking for some direct points on my upcoming trip. Thought I might get a different answer from the kiosk cast members.

Thanks for the help!
They are not guides and do not and cannot sell points. They'll be happy to call a van to take you to a guide though.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:23 PM   #8
PrincipalTinker
Studio

I am a new owner. On Tuesday I am going to attempt to book one night at CC. I know chances are good there will not be anything available. If I look this afternoon, the only thing available 11 months from today is a cabin.

If there is availibity it will show before 8am? Can I fill out everything and then just confirm at 8, or will it kick me out because I started the process before 8?

Can I just fill out my contact info and modify my traveling party after?

Would you advise I completely forget about a studio and just try for a 1 bedroom?

Can I wait list both a studio and a 1 bedroom?

Thank you!
PrincipalTinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 06:17 PM   #9
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincipalTinker View Post
I am a new owner. On Tuesday I am going to attempt to book one night at CC. I know chances are good there will not be anything available. If I look this afternoon, the only thing available 11 months from today is a cabin.

If there is availibity it will show before 8am? Can I fill out everything and then just confirm at 8, or will it kick me out because I started the process before 8?

Can I just fill out my contact info and modify my traveling party after?

Would you advise I completely forget about a studio and just try for a 1 bedroom?

Can I wait list both a studio and a 1 bedroom?

Thank you!
You can set up to 2 waitlists if that becomes necessary.

If you have the points for either studio or 1BR then search on that and if studio isn't available but 1BR is then book that and waitlist for a studio.

You can just fill in your own information and modify it later to add the rest of the party.

You should be able to have the search criteria fields set up and then ask it to search right at 8am. Good luck!
Old 01-08-2019, 01:59 PM   #10
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom

Default Tsa

Anyone know how security is looking at MCO, given the gov't shutdown? I know they are supposed to still be going but I read that some of them are calling in sick and I was just wondering! Won't be flying out of there for another few weeks, maybe it'll all be running again by then.
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote