home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-20-2019, 12:07 PM   #301
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
FWIW, the gateway to the west was defined as St. Louis, Missouri (way before the arch was built as a nod to the "gateway"), so westward expansion could be at any point from Virginia to Missouri (as an original colony Virginia was Va, W. Va, and Kentucky as a territory before the commonwealths were split). Pocahontas may indeed fit the theme if they don't make it is so g*d awful modern as the concept suggests.
Keep the log cabin rustic to promote the wilderness and theming of Ft. Wilderness.
WDW does a great job of blending the landscaping (no palm trees at SSR and WL, with nods to low blueberry brush styles and pine trees at SSR/WL).
Keep the theming so the resort has an identity, IMHO.
It looks a little too Frank Lloyd Wright to me. But Iím determined to keep an open mind until I actually see the resort. Maybe. Still hate those bathrooms, though.
Old 08-20-2019, 05:17 PM   #302
kaedeesmom
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
It looks a little too Frank Lloyd Wright to me. But Iím determined to keep an open mind until I actually see the resort. Maybe. Still hate those bathrooms, though.
I agree that it looks like Frank Lloyd Wright style architecture....but I love it! I'm not a fan of the WL rustic hunting lodge style, and I think this offers a more organic, respectful connection to nature. As long as it doesn't significantly infringe on the existing peace of FW, I think it has the potential to be a complementary addition to the existing FW and WL styles. At FW you're camping in the wilderness; at Reflections, you're living in a manmade structure that tries to blend in and harmonize with the wilderness; at WL, you're dominating and harnessing the wilderness. So as you move from WL to Reflections to FW, you become less civilized and more wild.

But, yes, those bathrooms are weird.
Old 08-20-2019, 06:29 PM   #303
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Will do! Back to Reflections... I donít think that it will be a resort I want to own at. And I still donít think that the design will be quite to my taste. But it definitely looks more interesting to me than the Riviera. As I said before, the fireworks viewing lounge is at least enough to warrant a visit. And hopefully, they will include a really nice pool, maybe with a subtle ďnodĒ to River Country. We can always hope!
As far as I remember, the plans appear to show a lazy river as part of the pool area. Itís also possible that it could be something else entirely.

Iíll see if I can find where the plans were, they could be attached to the building permits.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 06:51 PM   #304
Nickys
Grand Villa

On this drawing, the parts in purple are the pools:

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/attachme...45-png.369957/
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 06:54 PM   #305
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post

According to that link, Iíd have to log in to view it. But thank you anyway!
Old 08-20-2019, 06:58 PM   #306
kaedeesmom
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post

That makes me happy. Thanks for sharing. The designs I saw weren't color coded, so it was hard to know for sure whether that would be a lazy river or not.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:47 PM   #307
Sephorin
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I've kind of started this so I'm going to reign it in.

We've had the conversation as it relates to two Disney films and everyone has been respectful and made very good points. However, we're starting to get more generic. Since we eliminated the politics thread, let's leave that part of the conversation where it is and move back to Reflections.

Thanks

Dirk
My apologies for contributing to the thread drift.

I think this resort has the potential for great Christmas decorations! Although... it would be a bit strange to see a Christmas tree next to the Pocahontas statue.
Sephorin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 08:50 PM   #308
Rozzie
Grand Villa

Thanks for the link! I just got a little excited to see how close to Pioneer Hall/FW plus a lazy river.

I have great memories of River Country as a kid.
Rozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:42 PM   #309
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Lazy River will have me wanting to trade in at the 7-month window.
Old 08-20-2019, 10:06 PM   #310
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Lazy River will have me wanting to trade in at the 7-month window.
You need more points for snowbirding anyway. Just buy in.