home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tips and Tricks for First-Timers and Fanatics
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-24-2018, 07:04 AM   #21
jack'olope
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

As I understand it currently you can only bill to your DDP or credit card on file, and if using a CC it bills as a separate charge rather than adding on to your room folio. Is that correct? If so, I can't see using this too much until (if) they integrate it with the room folio. It's rather convenient having all of the charges in one place that you can see on the e-mailed PDF.

More importantly, I use a travel rewards CC that makes it easy to redeem the room folio charge in one transaction at the end of the trip. As it currently seems to be structured I would have to call my CC company and try to get them to allow me to use my rewards for each QS purchase since they are probably not categorized as travel purchases. And yes, I realize there are other cards out there that don't have this issue.
Old 02-22-2019, 07:59 PM   #22
MattinColorado
Studio

Mobile order is the best. We have skipped the line many times by doing this. It is such a huge improvement!!!
06 October - Coronado Springs
07 September - Saratoga Springs studio
07 November - Springs One bedroom
08 September - Saratoga Spring Grand Vila Split Trip
08 September - Port Orleans French Quarter Split Trip
09 January - OKW grand vila
10 February - Saratoga Springs Tree Houses
11 March - Polynesian Long Houses
14 October - BLT Grand vila
16 March - Magic 7 day Cruise
17 March - VRBO House
18 October - AKL Grand Vila
19 October - BLT Grand Vila
MattinColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 06:43 AM   #23
leo122160
Studio

Question ___

Heard that Mobile App does not work with parties of 10 or more -
or 150.00 in total order maximum

Anybody hear anything on this ?

Thanks

Last edited by leo122160; 03-21-2019 at 07:15 AM.
leo122160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 07:13 AM   #24
Stitch_Fan
Studio

We love it saves us time and allows hubby to grab us a table while I'm picking up our food.
Old 03-21-2019, 01:34 PM   #25
BuffaloJim
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo122160 View Post
Question ___

Heard that Mobile App does not work with parties of 10 or more -
or 150.00 in total order maximum

Anybody hear anything on this ?

Thanks
Not sure about the ten people, but i think the maximum dolllar value must greater than $150. We preordered from BOG for seven people and that total must have been well over 150 bucks.
BuffaloJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 07:27 PM   #26
TexasChick
Grand Villa

We used Mobile Ordering at Columbia Harbour House at MK in the fall, and it was a disaster. It took over 30 minutes to get our food after we clicked ,"We're here" or whatever it is. We saw people in the regular line order, get their food, and finish their food before we ever got ours.

Flash forward to spring break. I had heard good things about Mobile Ordering, so we tried it again a last week again at CHH. It was a completely different experience. I ordered, clicked "We're here" and got the order in about 3 minutes. I used it at US too over in Jurassic Park land and sped up that process from about 20-25 minutes to about 5. I will use it again in the future.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:52 PM   #27
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack'olope View Post
As I understand it currently you can only bill to your DDP or credit card on file, and if using a CC it bills as a separate charge rather than adding on to your room folio. Is that correct? If so, I can't see using this too much until (if) they integrate it with the room folio. It's rather convenient having all of the charges in one place that you can see on the e-mailed PDF.

More importantly, I use a travel rewards CC that makes it easy to redeem the room folio charge in one transaction at the end of the trip. As it currently seems to be structured I would have to call my CC company and try to get them to allow me to use my rewards for each QS purchase since they are probably not categorized as travel purchases. And yes, I realize there are other cards out there that don't have this issue.
You have to enter in a credit card. It's not even the one 'on file' with your room. That's the only reason why we don't use it much. I'd rather pay with rewards or gift scards we get or the like, and that's just not possible at this time.
Old 03-22-2019, 05:28 AM   #28
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

We are going to try this in December. Is there a separate mobile app? Do you have to enter credit card info ( if you want to pay cash)? How far ahead does your order need to be placed?
Old 03-22-2019, 09:23 AM   #29
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
We are going to try this in December. Is there a separate mobile app? Do you have to enter credit card info ( if you want to pay cash)? How far ahead does your order need to be placed?
Unless they've changed it recently, I don't think you can pay cash. It's just CC and then pick it up.
Old 03-22-2019, 09:43 AM   #30
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
It's in the My Disney Experience app on the home page. You will see a link that says "Order Food."

You do have to enter credit card information as you can't charge to your room, MagicBand or pay cash or gift card when you get there.

I don't think you can order days ahead, but you can order at any point the same day. Then, when you get to the restaurant, click the "I'm here" button and to the designated pick-up spot. There is usually a sign on one end of the counter and you just wait.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote