home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Cruise Line
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-30-2018, 12:22 PM   #21
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
Can someone give me a rough estimate as to what time we would be back at the beach club if we use to disney transport in Port Canaveral?😋
All guests are asked to be out of their staterooms by 8:00 a.m., and must be off of the ship by 9:00 a.m., though the ship is usually cleared to begin debarkation around 7:30 a.m.

Travel time from the port to Disney World is approximately 1 hour. Add 10-15 minutes for every stop before your resort.

So if you leave at 9am, you should be at Beach club 10am to 11am.
Old 01-30-2018, 12:23 PM   #22
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Is quicksilver like a limo service ?
Town car, Van, Suv and Limo service.

http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/ratesquotes.asp
Old 01-30-2018, 12:26 PM   #23
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Bringing back this thread for advice. We just booked a short disney cruise for March and are tacking on a day before and a day after at the beach club. We just came back from disney a few weeks ago so this last min spring break trip is a bonus and a surprise! We are trying to decide between renting a car the whole time ( and parking it at the port) or using the disney transport bus. We are ALL about convenience! If we drive a rental car is dealing with our luggage and parking a pain? Or would the bigger pain be waiting for the disney bus when we get off the cruise to take us back to the beach club? If we drive a rental car there, what time would y’all suggest arriving? 100 percent convenience is what we are going for. We have only cruised once and that was ages ago so should we just take the disney bus? Any advice is appreciated! 😋
I like arriving at the Port by 10:30-11:00 am. We either use Disney Transportation from the airport or private transfer. The resort pickups tend to be later, then sooner.....which does not work for me.
Old 01-30-2018, 12:27 PM   #24
Tammy
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Town car, Van, Suv and Limo service.

http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/ratesquotes.asp
Thanks for all the great info!😋
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:02 PM   #25
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Bringing back this thread for advice. We just booked a short disney cruise for March and are tacking on a day before and a day after at the beach club. We just came back from disney a few weeks ago so this last min spring break trip is a bonus and a surprise! We are trying to decide between renting a car the whole time ( and parking it at the port) or using the disney transport bus. We are ALL about convenience! If we drive a rental car is dealing with our luggage and parking a pain? Or would the bigger pain be waiting for the disney bus when we get off the cruise to take us back to the beach club? If we drive a rental car there, what time would y’all suggest arriving? 100 percent convenience is what we are going for. We have only cruised once and that was ages ago so should we just take the disney bus? Any advice is appreciated! 😋
For a short cruise, if you're family fits into a car, renting a car for the duration might be the easiest. You park right next to the terminal and luggage handling is very easy. When you come into the port, you drop your luggage off curbside and then park the car. From the garage, you can talk a pedestrian bridge to the embarkation level of the terminal. It's as convenient as it gets. Parking will be under $100 for a 3 or 4 night cruise. Significantly so, actually. I can't remember the prices right now.

On disembarkation day, just claim your luggage and grab a porter to help with it. They'll take you from luggage pick-up, through customs, to your car. I tipped $20 for 3 bags when we did it.

Some like to do the rent/drop-off, pick-up thing, but for a short trip that's such a waste of time. Yeah, people do it, but I can't figure out a way to do it that doesn't add at least 30 minutes and more schlepping. On vacation, I'm about convenience.

We did do a rental pick-up upon disembarkation and our friends who drove were checking in at the resort just as were leaving Port Canaveral, and we left the ship at the same time.

Alternatively, a car service is your best bet for convenience and time schedule control. We had an SUV from Happy Limo. They were great, showed up on time at SSR and got us right to the port without any issues. If we were using them for going back, they would have picked us up at a designated pick up zone.

You could also take a car service one way to the port and Disney transport the other way, but a car service averages out to about the same as 4 people on a Disney bus.

For what it's worth, after three cruises the "First on board" isn't important to us (we always take longer cruises), so the peace of an empty terminal with Disney transport from the resort is fine for us. As long as we get there in time to still have embarkation lunch at Cabanas and most a bit before lifeboat drill, we're cool.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 07:04 PM   #26
aznosredna
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Is quicksilver like a limo service ?
Yes. We use them also when we do USO. If you are inbound, they offer a stop for free. That allows us the opportunity to get groceries at the start of our stay.
aznosredna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 07:33 PM   #27
Tammy
Grand Villa

I appreciate all the advice! This is such a short trip for us ( 3 night cruise with a night at disney on either end) that for us we are all about convience and not wasting time! Everyone’s advice s helps! 😋
Old 01-30-2018, 07:58 PM   #28
andy773
Studio

If you’re staying concierge you can get there any time you want. I recommend getting there earlier rather than later to start exploring the ship.

When we went in 2014, the cost to rent a limo was about the same as using Disney transport. I’m not sure how car seats would work with that though.
andy773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 08:02 PM   #29
Caesar312
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
For a short cruise, if you're family fits into a car, renting a car for the duration might be the easiest. You park right next to the terminal and luggage handling is very easy. When you come into the port, you drop your luggage off curbside and then park the car. From the garage, you can talk a pedestrian bridge to the embarkation level of the terminal. It's as convenient as it gets. Parking will be under $100 for a 3 or 4 night cruise. Significantly so, actually. I can't remember the prices right now.

On disembarkation day, just claim your luggage and grab a porter to help with it. They'll take you from luggage pick-up, through customs, to your car. I tipped $20 for 3 bags when we did it.

Some like to do the rent/drop-off, pick-up thing, but for a short trip that's such a waste of time. Yeah, people do it, but I can't figure out a way to do it that doesn't add at least 30 minutes and more schlepping. On vacation, I'm about convenience.

We did do a rental pick-up upon disembarkation and our friends who drove were checking in at the resort just as were leaving Port Canaveral, and we left the ship at the same time.

Alternatively, a car service is your best bet for convenience and time schedule control. We had an SUV from Happy Limo. They were great, showed up on time at SSR and got us right to the port without any issues. If we were using them for going back, they would have picked us up at a designated pick up zone.

You could also take a car service one way to the port and Disney transport the other way, but a car service averages out to about the same as 4 people on a Disney bus.

For what it's worth, after three cruises the "First on board" isn't important to us (we always take longer cruises), so the peace of an empty terminal with Disney transport from the resort is fine for us. As long as we get there in time to still have embarkation lunch at Cabanas and most a bit before lifeboat drill, we're cool.

Dirk
We just parked for our 3 night Dream cruise on Jan 19th and parking was $68, so not bad at all
Caesar312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:28 PM   #30
Tammy
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar312 View Post
We just parked for our 3 night Dream cruise on Jan 19th and parking was $68, so not bad at all
Welcome to your first post at Mouseowners 😋. How was your cruise?