home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-08-2017, 03:04 PM   #1
HawkeyeFLA
Studio

Default Walt Disney World Rideshare Pickup / Drop off areas (Lyft/Uber)

As discussed in the MCO Uber/Lyft thread, here are the maps of the 4 Theme Parks and Disney Springs showing where you will meet your Lyft or Uber driver. Note: This is also where we have to drop off. While some drivers might agree to drop you off elsewhere, I would suggest against this, as we want to keep this relationship a happy one between the rideshare companies, the drivers, and Disney itself.

As you can see, the driver staging areas are quite close to the actual pickup spots, so please don't request a ride until you're actually at the spot. This reduces the risk that your driver will have to circle around any, since we cannot sit and wait at the actual pickup spot. There are typically Parking Cast Members there to keep some order.

I will note that for Disney Springs, the Uber Driver information still says that the only pickup is the Strawberry Lot past Cirque, so keep that in mind if you are using that service. Lyft specifically tells drivers that both the East and West are good spots, and I picked someone up at the East spot with no problems last week.

No changes in regards to resorts themselves. Deluxe Resorts and most Deluxe Villas, head to the lobby and the main porte cochere. Any of the campus style resorts, including SSR and OWK, once the driver clears the security kiosk, they can go back to the actual buildings. The only exception to this is Coronado Springs, because of the way the buildings are behind unmanned security gates.

If ever there's confusion about where you are at, don't hesitate to call your driver.

I can only speak for Lyft these days, but when we get close, our in app map zooms in, and there's a little person icon that shows where you are standing, as well as a pin icon showing where the request was made. This helps us find you, so don't move around too much.

As always, if you're doing a pickup near your building, try and do it in one of the turnaround areas for safety.

Please remember, Lyft/UberX = 4 passengers, Lyft Plus/UberXL = 6 passengers.

Both apps let you schedule a ride in advance. You select a 15m time window, and you'll have a driver there in that time frame. No muss, no fuss. Could be handy for early morning breakfasts, or any dining reservation in general where you don't want to deal with the buses.

Feel free to ask any questions. While I only drive for Lyft these days, all in all in Orlando they're fairly similar.

Magic Kingdom is at the TTC. Coming down the Monorail exit, vere to your left and head to the area where 3rd party buses are, as well as the taxi stand. This is also the "Guest Drop Off" spot.

Epcot is down past the last bus stop covered area. I don't remember the number of the nearest bus stop right off hand, but will try and get that and re-edit this post ASAP.

Hollywood Studios, to get to Stage, walk out the park exit and head to the right going past the Guest Relations Window. You will then find a crosswalk to your left that takes you towards the parking area. There is a walkway between the car lane and the tram lane you will follow briefly. Then there is a smaller crosswalk that takes you into the Stage lot area. It's roughly where the Taxi stand is.

Animal Kingdom, come out of the park and stay to your left and go past the tram pickup/drop off. You will shortly come across the disability lot and taxi stand area.

Disney Springs, the west pick up spot has moved to the third party bus stop that is located behind Cirque. Don't worry, the app itself has been updated to reflect this, and as soon as I can get an updated image from Lyft, I will adjust this post. If you look at the current map, just down and to the left you should see the turn around lane for this bus zone.

The east spot is basically behind Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck. It's a little trickier just because of the way the road snakes through, but again as long as you're there, at least for Lyft, the driver will see the person icon and can zero in on you.

Last edited by HawkeyeFLA; 11-10-2017 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Adding a little clarity to the pick up spots.
HawkeyeFLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 03:14 PM   #2
DMKEDM
One Bedroom

Thanks for this information....a big reason I've never used Uber or Lyft at Disney is my uncertainty about where to go to meet the driver...

However, for those of us who are "map-challenged," and therefore have no real idea where the pick-up spots are even with maps in hand, could you provide identifying detail (like, for example, the instructions that show Row 37 of the Stage Lot at Hollywood Studios)? I'm afraid the maps you provided don't give me the least idea of where to go in Epcot, Magic Kingdom, or Animal Kingdom....it's a little clearer for Disney Springs, but not as clear as "end of Row 37, Stage Lot"--

Thanks!
DMKEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 03:23 PM   #3
HawkeyeFLA
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMKEDM View Post
Thanks for this information....a big reason I've never used Uber or Lyft at Disney is my uncertainty about where to go to meet the driver...

However, for those of us who are "map-challenged," and therefore have no real idea where the pick-up spots are even with maps in hand, could you provide identifying detail (like, for example, the instructions that show Row 37 of the Stage Lot at Hollywood Studios)? I'm afraid the maps you provided don't give me the least idea of where to go in Epcot, Magic Kingdom, or Animal Kingdom....it's a little clearer for Disney Springs, but not as clear as "end of Row 37, Stage Lot"--

Thanks!
Yeah, let me see what I can do here.
Old 07-08-2017, 03:38 PM   #4
HawkeyeFLA
Studio

Added some edits to provide a little more clarity as to where the spots actually are.
Old 07-08-2017, 03:43 PM   #5
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Awesome, thank you! After our last trip we are considering driving more or at least doing ride share more (especially to MK). The bus system is just awful now
Old 07-08-2017, 04:11 PM   #6
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Thanks for sharing! I'm still just fine with the buses the vast majority of the time, but definitely use this on occasion.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 04:15 PM   #7
HawkeyeFLA
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Thanks for sharing! I'm still just fine with the buses the vast majority of the time, but definitely use this on occasion.
My personal experience as a driver shows that a lot of Value Resort guests will use these services instead of the buses at park close time. And of course a lot of off site guests, where their buses don't run as regularly.
Old 07-08-2017, 04:27 PM   #8
Ariel's Sister
Studio

Thanks for this information! It's very helpful. I have used Uber for resort to resort trips with spectacular success. Next trip will try it at MCO.
Ariel's Sister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 08:10 PM   #9
MelissaL
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Thank you - great info!

Thank you for taking the time to write up all of the details! I have often wondered about this, and your original post really does spell it out very well!
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 08:25 PM   #10
DVCjj
Grand Villa

This is very much appreciated and I thank you for all your effort.
DVCjj is offline   Reply With Quote