home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-08-2019, 01:38 PM   #61
krisephillips
One Bedroom

[quote=cw62803;1535372]The opportunity to purchase the Gold Annual Pass is a game changer for me.QUOTE]

Us as well. We purchased with the idea of one trip per year but this has opened us to visit 2-3/per year. Along with the added benefit of park hopping/photopass/discounted dining/discounted car rental/discounted $ rooms granted by the pass this is definitely the most valuable perk to me.

Disney Castaway Club Member-Silver Level.
krisephillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 07:45 PM   #62
cornbread4
One Bedroom

[quote=krisephillips;1549666]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw62803 View Post
The opportunity to purchase the Gold Annual Pass is a game changer for me.QUOTE]

Us as well. We purchased with the idea of one trip per year but this has opened us to visit 2-3/per year. Along with the added benefit of park hopping/photopass/discounted dining/discounted car rental/discounted $ rooms granted by the pass this is definitely the most valuable perk to me.
Our resale agent pointed out that even with only 1 trip per year, you can do them within 12 months so that you could buy an AP every other year. That shifted how we thought about planning trips a lot.
cornbread4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 08:11 PM   #63
Janice2014
One Bedroom

Benefit from member discount on purchases (wish they would give the same % discount on DDP but never see that happening)
Also, being able to stay onsite as could not afford the ‘cash’ value if had to pay oop.
Janice2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 01:29 PM   #64
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornbread4 View Post

Our resale agent pointed out that even with only 1 trip per year, you can do them within 12 months so that you could buy an AP every other year. That shifted how we thought about planning trips a lot.
This is what we do - one year go February 1-whatever, the next year go January whatever through February 1. Or similar. We are talking about in 2020 doing January and then December...my wife is like, that's two trips in a year! I tell her they are still 11 months apart, just like always.
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 09:05 AM   #65
E2ME2
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelard of Bath View Post
This is what we do - one year go February 1-whatever, the next year go January whatever through February 1. Or similar. We are talking about in 2020 doing January and then December...my wife is like, that's two trips in a year! I tell her they are still 11 months apart, just like always.
We've been using the 2 out of 3 year approach.
We go Late January in Year 1, Early January in Year 2 using 1 GOLD AP each.
Then in Year 3 we skip the parks, and just enjoy the Florida Sunshine!
Old 08-23-2019, 12:13 PM   #66
Rocket22

Default Use points at other resorts

I agree with erikthewise, stay at deluxe for under $150 a night is key.

Our cost this year is $121 a night at Poly. The initial cost for resale is about 60% higher than purchased, so this is now an asset. We will sell in about 10 years.

Annual dues are 89 a month, so points are approx $7 each. Poly stay is roughly 16-18 a night.

If they made me use at Old Key West only I would sell.
Rocket22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 08:13 PM   #67
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnkirk View Post
I don't really have any perks, so I suppose that I could live without all of them.

I do enjoy TOTWL, so I guess that's my one that I don't want to lose.
For me I’m all about the fireworks. I Bought blt so I could use totwl during the holidays. But they took that option away from me by up selling it out for 4th of july and NYE. Not cool.

And still disappointed in no perk millennium falcon pass for our “valued” Dvcmembers.

Remember when folks could watch FW from bwv lounge. That taken away too After bwv resort sold. Now it’s used for special cash events.

I’m thinking riveria will do Similar for the FW and sell to highest for Holidays

I’ll workaround this, but Taking a little break until I start feeling the magic again.
Goldi

Last edited by goldilocks_63; 08-23-2019 at 11:29 PM.
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 08:09 AM   #68
fargomurphy

The discounted annual passes as a DVC owner is a significant savings forum that allows us to buy passes for me, DW, DD. Without it the cost to go may be a factor and change how we go to the parks. Trying to max out time. It has changed how we do the parks knowing we can always come back.

The other big perk is the ability to change our DVC reservation and move our vacation if we need.
fargomurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 09:53 AM   #69
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
Things (perks/guarantees) I don't want to lose...

Ability to book at ALL legacy resorts.
DVC AP pricing.
Making FP+ ahead of people not staying on site.
Epcot member lounge. And TOTWL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwvBound View Post
Pool hopping?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawfish View Post
1. Platinum Annual Pass discount
2. Discounts on food / merch
3. TOTWL access
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
Free resort parking.
All of the above.

But to respond to Lamima's Making FP+ ahead of people not staying on site - Disney now offers this to good neighbor hotels and I wish they wouldn't. I think this has made it harder to get FPs.
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 10:10 AM   #70
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket22 View Post
I agree with erikthewise, stay at deluxe for under $150 a night is key.
Agree as well. Prime location (walking distance to Epcot). Very low cost. Couldn't ask for more. Although the Gold AP is pretty big as well.

Cheers.