home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Oh, No, They Didn't!!!!! (Guests Behaving Badly)
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-28-2019, 05:50 PM   #81
suejen
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Apparently being paid peanuts works for him.

I so wish I understood the existence of the CP when I was on college (or that it existed, I was Class of '87 after all!)

Dirk
My DS LOVED the experience! He can’t wait to get down there again. It’s a tough job and they work loooooong hours but he’s made really great friends from all over the world. Many of the Epcot CMs - especially the Canadians and the Brits- do multiple “tours of duty” because they have so much fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJacksFamily View Post
It was probably a group of off-duty CMs making the slushy pyramid because they just came off shift where they had to deal with the lady in the OPs link...
You have no idea! You want to really experience “drinking around the world” go with a bunch of Disney CMs. Those people work hard and party harder!
suejen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 06:27 PM   #82
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

My niece goes to U of Tampa and she and her friends are at WDW often. Her BF is a former CM. They do play hard there. Niece gets use of her AP, for sure.

Cali, upthread... see I was way off in my math. And DH is an actuary but likely didn't help. Though he was busy getting himself a Kronenebourg.

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
DVC trip(s): Sept 27-Oct 6 BWV&SSR / Dec 19-21 AKV GV & Dec 21-28 Vistana / May 9-13, 2020 HHI
Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam & March 8, 2021 Celebrity Reflection
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 06:28 PM   #83
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Apparently being paid peanuts works for him.

I so wish I understood the existence of the CP when I was on college (or that it existed, I was Class of '87 after all!)

Dirk

Definitely! Had no idea it existed when I was in school. Apparently started in 1981, though on a much smaller scale. Not sure when it truly expanded, but per Wikipedia there were changes in 2004, which puts it one year after I graduated college. Figures...
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 06:30 PM   #84
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Definitely! Had no idea it existed when I was in school. Apparently started in 1981, though on a much smaller scale. Not sure when it truly expanded, but per Wikipedia there were changes in 2004, which puts it one year after I graduated college. Figures...
I wish I knew too. Class of '91 here. I tried to get my kids to do it, especially DS (majoring in Hotel Management). But, nope, none on them did it. Niece applied and interviewed and got offered but didn't do it.

DVC trip(s): Sept 27-Oct 6 BWV&SSR / Dec 19-21 AKV GV & Dec 21-28 Vistana / May 9-13, 2020 HHI
Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam & March 8, 2021 Celebrity Reflection
Old 07-28-2019, 06:34 PM   #85
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

I tried to get my oldest DS to do it. His response...."Mom, I'm not going to live your dream." Wish I knew about it back in my day too.
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 06:59 PM   #86
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
I tried to get my oldest DS to do it. His response...."Mom, I'm not going to live your dream." Wish I knew about it back in my day too.
SOunds like my kids. When I suggest they get married at WDW too.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:04 PM   #87
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post

I’ll get married at WDW for you if you find me someone, haha...
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 07:18 PM   #88
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
Daughter absolutely refuses. Maybe I can talk DH into a vow renewal there someday... or I could start saving now and hope that I get a grand-daughter who could be appropriately brainwashed...
Old 07-28-2019, 07:20 PM   #89
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
I’ll get married at WDW for you if you find me someone, haha...
Someday your princess will come... and when she does, I can’t imagine you getting married anywhere else!
Old 07-28-2019, 07:24 PM   #90
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
...I can’t imagine you getting married anywhere else!
Plato's Retreat?

Cheers.