home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Oh, No, They Didn't!!!!! (Guests Behaving Badly)
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-28-2019, 09:34 AM   #71
suejen
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali09 View Post
And this popped up today. A commentary on the re-surfaced post on facebook.

"Sorry, childless millennials going to Disney World is weird"

https://nypost.com/2019/07/26/sorry-...orld-is-weird/
Often those groups of marauding, childless millennials are actually off-duty Disney CMs in the College or International programs.
They get paid peanuts so the only fun they can afford is their free admittance to a WDW park.
My son completed one year in the IP (server at Le Cellier) and is about to embark on his second program in September so I have some understanding of this.
suejen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 09:34 AM   #72
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
We both have heads carved from marble so neither of us backs down until it's time for a meal or a FP.

Dirk
This is us 2 as well. Two stubborn mules. If I say no to something it makes DH want that more. I guess I am the same way ...DH would probably say so.

This thread is a good one.

Those slushies...never thought to try and mix them. I will get one of each next time and mix myself. I bet that's good. One time, during F&W I think, we walked by that stand and there was a group sitting at a table there who had made a gigantic pyramid out of empty slushie cups. Was quite impressive. I tried doing a quick math to figure their tab out...it was a lot (like 30 cups)

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
DVC trip(s): Sept 27-Oct 6 BWV&SSR / Dec 19-21 AKV GV & Dec 21-28 Vistana / May 9-13, 2020 HHI
Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam & March 8, 2021 Celebrity Reflection
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 09:37 AM   #73
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
I bet that's good. One time, during F&W I think, we walked by that stand and there was a group sitting at a table there who had made a gigantic pyramid out of empty slushie cups. Was quite impressive. I tried doing a quick math to figure their tab out...it was a lot
Yeah, it's usually a reasonably large quantity of alcohol that leads people to try such activities. Once upon a time I used to resort to such things as well. But that was some tome back.

Cheers.
Old 07-28-2019, 09:43 AM   #74
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Yeah, it's usually a reasonably large quantity of alcohol that leads people to try such activities. Once upon a time I used to resort to such things as well. But that was some tome back.

Cheers.
Took me a moderate quantity of alcohol to try and do the math too...lol. Even easy math when the drinks are about $10

DVC trip(s): Sept 27-Oct 6 BWV&SSR / Dec 19-21 AKV GV & Dec 21-28 Vistana / May 9-13, 2020 HHI
Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam & March 8, 2021 Celebrity Reflection
Old 07-28-2019, 09:55 AM   #75
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
Took me a moderate quantity of alcohol to try and do the math too...lol. Even easy math when the drinks are about $10
And, of course, the problem is that, after some amount of alcohol one may see more of the cups than are actually there...approaching double. Then the maths get all wonky.

Cheers.
Old 07-28-2019, 10:20 AM   #76
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
for god's sake don't ask them to mix the two slushies. I did this a year ago and the girl literally told me it wasn't even possible.

I was like -- yes it is. you just put half and half.

she gave me the evil eye.

I gave up.
The way round that is just to get one of each! Drink from each glass until there’s enough room to pour them together. Plus it saves getting back in line for a second one.
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 01:16 PM   #77
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
And, of course, the problem is that, after some amount of alcohol one may see more of the cups than are actually there...approaching double. Then the maths get all wonky.

Cheers.
Yep...I came up with $654 and that can't be right.

Old 07-28-2019, 03:57 PM   #78
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suejen View Post
Often those groups of marauding, childless millennials are actually off-duty Disney CMs in the College or International programs.
They get paid peanuts so the only fun they can afford is their free admittance to a WDW park.
My son completed one year in the IP (server at Le Cellier) and is about to embark on his second program in September so I have some understanding of this.
Apparently being paid peanuts works for him.

I so wish I understood the existence of the CP when I was on college (or that it existed, I was Class of '87 after all!)

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 04:22 PM   #79
CaptJacksFamily
Grand Villa

It was probably a group of off-duty CMs making the slushy pyramid because they just came off shift where they had to deal with the lady in the OPs link...
Old 07-28-2019, 05:49 PM   #80
cali09
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
How convenient! Thanks for the info.

On one day we have to be in the vicinity anyway for the fireworks dinner at Rose & Crown. I will find excuses for additional days.
You're very welcome, enjoy!

Quote:
Let's just say I've learned it's best to keep a happy wife. or at least a not pissed-off wife.
Smart man.

Quote:
for god's sake don't ask them to mix the two slushies. I did this a year ago and the girl literally told me it wasn't even possible.

I was like -- yes it is. you just put half and half.

she gave me the evil eye.

I gave up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Don't mess with the French.

Dirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by suejen View Post
^^^THIS^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJacksFamily View Post
It was probably a group of off-duty CMs making the slushy pyramid because they just came off shift where they had to deal with the lady in the OPs link...
Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

The slushies are 10.75 each, plus tax so 30 slushies would be $343.50. Do CM's get discounts on alcohol?

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote