home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Disney Movies, Shows, Television, Radio, and Multimedia
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-16-2019, 06:15 PM   #1
MMC1
Grand Villa

Default Lion King Special tonight ABC 8 p.m.

Host Robin Roberts interviews cast & producer John Favreau tonight in one hour special on ABC at 8 p.m.
I admit I hesitate to recommend anything since we are all critics (haha) and some of the reviews are appearing to be critical by the professional critics.
What the heck not anything special tonight going on unless another storm rolls thru with lightning! Guess Iíll watch it anyway.

P.S. I am still enjoying Holey Moley Miniature Golf on Thursday nights . Why is it so funny to watch people fall into water every Time?
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 08:17 PM   #2
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Watching now. And most definitely watching the movie this weekend. Not sure how much Iíll like it, but Iíll be the one to decide that, not some damn critic. As Iíve said so many times, I would never let someone elseís opinion dissuade me from doing something I want to do. Be it a meal, a movie, a show, or even a vacation destination...
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 08:53 PM   #3
MMC1
Grand Villa

I am also watching
it is amazing
You must watch... hurry
Old 07-16-2019, 08:55 PM   #4
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Talking Looks amazing to me

I canít wait

Goldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 09:40 PM   #5
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Watching now. And most definitely watching the movie this weekend. Not sure how much Iíll like it, but Iíll be the one to decide that, not some damn critic. As Iíve said so many times, I would never let someone elseís opinion dissuade me from doing something I want to do. Be it a meal, a movie, a show, or even a vacation destination...
Well said! They are having an advanced viewing Thursday at the theater near me. I plan on being there. Can't wait!
WDWGoof is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 09:48 PM   #6
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

I watched the original this weekend. From everything I've seen on the new one, I'll be sticking with the original.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:50 PM   #7
MMC1
Grand Villa

Whenever Disney premieres a movie they intensify the excitement by previewing the music on the speakers in Disney Springs for the Premiere all weekend long.
Really is fun to hear and anticipate getting those tickets!
They also have a specific enlarged billboard style image that almost everybody wants to have there picture taken in front of. So fun!
Old 07-16-2019, 09:53 PM   #8
MMC1
Grand Villa

What a surprise to see Mr. Eisner and Mr. Iger discuss their thoughts about their production of The Lion King all in the same hour!
Old 07-16-2019, 09:57 PM   #9
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Whenever Disney premieres a movie they intensify the excitement by previewing the music on the speakers in Disney Springs for the Premiere all weekend long.
Really is fun to hear and anticipate getting those tickets!
They also have a specific enlarged billboard style image that almost everybody wants to have there picture taken in front of. So fun!

Very nice!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 10:00 PM   #10
MMC1
Grand Villa

Plus I love how everybody shares their memories for the first time they saw the movie.
Does anybody want to share?
I remember the first time seeing the New York Broadway Production and justifying the purchase of Scalpers tickets to see it. I figured it was cheaper than a return trip for the whole family. It was Thanksgiving so very expensive. And the opening scene scared the tiny child seated in row in front of us that the entire family had to leave .
I also remember seeing it many times in the movie theatre.