home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-09-2014, 06:56 PM   #21
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Can I set up FastPass+ at 60 days for the entire split stay?
Yes, as long as the two stays are consecutive (without a gap in between them) you will be able to setup your FP+ reservations for the entire time when you reach the 60 day mark for the first stay.

This is not always true. It depends on the length of your split stay. You can only book UP to 10 days at a time. We always do split says and go for 2.5-3 weeks. I cannot book all of my FP+ at one time.
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:01 PM   #22
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Can I get the Disney Dining Plan for one part of the stay and not the other?
Yes, since they are separate reservations you can get the DDP for just one part of the split stay. If you get it for the first stay you will be able to use the credits until midnight of the check out day from that resort, even after you have checked into the second resort.
The refillable mug you get with the DDP is considered a length of stay (which is up to 14 days) and will be valid for the entire second stay, not just until check out from the first resort.
Keep in mind that you must qualify for the DDP, either by booking a package, staying at a DVC resort, or having APs). This can potentially complicate a Split Stay if you are forced to buy tickets as part of the package.

If your stay is longer than 14 days, you can use your mug longer than 14 days. All you need to do is keep your mug receipt and then when the 14 days is up, present your receipt and have the gift shop recalibrate the chip in the mug.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:04 PM   #23
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Can I make Dining Reservations at 180 days for the entire split stay?
Yes and No. The online ADR system will not properly recognize the second stay when you reach the 180 mark for the first stay, only allowing you to book ADRs for the length of the first stay. However, if you call to make ADRs over the phone they will be able to book them for the entire length of your split stay.

I have never had a problem making ADRs online and I always do 2-3 resorts per vacation. ??
Old 10-09-2014, 07:15 PM   #24
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

I missed this post! Wonderful!

Where I'm Going 2019:

Friday, 01/18/19 - Monday, 01/21/19 - Offsite (Hyatt Regency Orange County)
Friday, 02/08/19 - Sunday, 02/10/19 - VGC
Sunday, 06/30/19 - Friday, 07/12/19 - HHI
Friday, 08/30/19 - Monday, 09/02/2019 - VGC
Friday, 09/27/19 - Tuesday, 10/01/2019 - VGC
Friday, 10/11/19 - Monday, 10/14/2019 - VGC
Friday, 10/25/19 - Wednesday, 10/30/2019 - VGF
Wednesday, 10/30/2019 - Monday, 11/04/2019 - BWV (Running 2nd 10K w/BFF - 11/02/19)
Monday, 11/04/2019 - Saturday, 11/09/2019 - BWV
Friday, 12/20/19 - Tuesday, 12/24/2019 - VGC

cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 04:40 PM   #25
Jay324
Grand Villa

Some more information on the Dining Plan and Split Stays. We booked the dining plan for the first two resorts (VGF and BCV) and not the third resort (AKV). The dining plan credits will expire at midnight from the first leg of the split stay and will not carry over nor can they be used during the second portion of your trip (even if you book the dining plan at both resorts). With the MB's, in order for the credits to reload on the second portion of the split stay, the first portion must be used up in their entirety or must be expired. So, if you have a couple of snacks left and want to use a table service dinner from the second part of the split stay after checking into the new resort, make sure you use up all remaining snacks at least two hours prior to your dinner. A real knowledgeable CM at BCV told me that it does take around two hours for the MB to reset and load the new credits after all credits are used or the MB will reset to show new credits the next day after any unused credits expire.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:49 PM   #26
nicsmom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay324 View Post
Some more information on the Dining Plan and Split Stays. We booked the dining plan for the first two resorts (VGF and BCV) and not the third resort (AKV). The dining plan credits will expire at midnight from the first leg of the split stay and will not carry over nor can they be used during the second portion of your trip (even if you book the dining plan at both resorts). With the MB's, in order for the credits to reload on the second portion of the split stay, the first portion must be used up in their entirety or must be expired. So, if you have a couple of snacks left and want to use a table service dinner from the second part of the split stay after checking into the new resort, make sure you use up all remaining snacks at least two hours prior to your dinner. A real knowledgeable CM at BCV told me that it does take around two hours for the MB to reset and load the new credits after all credits are used or the MB will reset to show new credits the next day after any unused credits expire.
Please help me to apply this, if you will.
I arrive at AKV at 10p to stay one night. Then I move to OKW.
I want to add the dining plan to this night to use the next day at EPCOT.
Am I understanding correctly, that my meal plan will be good until midnight?
I will likely not get to use any of the credits on check in day. AKV.
Does it matter if I actually check into OKW?
Thanks.
nicsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 05:27 PM   #27
Jay324
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicsmom View Post
Please help me to apply this, if you will.
I arrive at AKV at 10p to stay one night. Then I move to OKW.
I want to add the dining plan to this night to use the next day at EPCOT.
Am I understanding correctly, that my meal plan will be good until midnight?
I will likely not get to use any of the credits on check in day. AKV.
Does it matter if I actually check into OKW?
Thanks.
That would be a great use of the dining plan. You can get your mug at AKV and use it for the whole trip at AKV and OKW (up to 14 days), you can use your snack in the morning for breakfast at the Mara (or at Epcot for F & W which is a great use of the snack), have lunch at Epcot, check in the OKW and have dinner back at Epcot or anywhere. The check in at the new resort will not void any credits on the dining plan from your old resort. In the past it was a headache for there were some problems with credits being lost (and had to be re-loaded) upon check in at the new resort but with the MB's I have not lost any credits after checking in at the new resort (well for my last two trips which involved split stays).
Old 10-10-2014, 11:19 PM   #28
Micah008
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post
Just a couple of comments on this based on my recent experience with split stay.
1) I had also heard 4 and that is what we allowed for in our plans but it worked out for us to be better than that. When we did our transfer from SSR to VGF, BS at SSR told us that since it was a relatively slow time, our luggage would probably be available by 2:30 (though he did say they usually tell guests 4pm, the distinction was we were in a slower season and maybe Friday isn't a common day to switch resorts, so that may also have improved our delivery time). When our VGF room became available at 3, we contacted BS and had our luggage in our room by 3:15. So, I don't know when it actually got to VGF, but we had it in our room at 3:15.

2) I booked our DME on-line (new at this, so I never even thought to call MS, I thought booking it on line was just what everyone did). Anyway, I booked it but I created 2 different DME ressies. One for the trip from MCO to SSR, and another for the trip from VGF to MCO. I assumed based on the way I filled it out that it was what you were supposed to do, and we had no problems with DME, so apparently the way I did it was at least good enough .
We also got ours before 4:00, thanks for sharing your experience too. I will stick with "late afternoon" in the FAQ.

And, thanks for sharing about DME. I updated to say that calling is still recommended but online is possible with 2 reservations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindisney View Post
Can I set up FastPass+ at 60 days for the entire split stay?
Yes, as long as the two stays are consecutive (without a gap in between them) you will be able to setup your FP+ reservations for the entire time when you reach the 60 day mark for the first stay.

This is not always true. It depends on the length of your split stay. You can only book UP to 10 days at a time. We always do split says and go for 2.5-3 weeks. I cannot book all of my FP+ at one time.
Good clarification. I added more about the other limits for FP+ booking.

Quote:
Can I get the Disney Dining Plan for one part of the stay and not the other?
Yes, since they are separate reservations you can get the DDP for just one part of the split stay. If you get it for the first stay you will be able to use the credits until midnight of the check out day from that resort, even after you have checked into the second resort.
The refillable mug you get with the DDP is considered a length of stay (which is up to 14 days) and will be valid for the entire second stay, not just until check out from the first resort.
Keep in mind that you must qualify for the DDP, either by booking a package, staying at a DVC resort, or having APs). This can potentially complicate a Split Stay if you are forced to buy tickets as part of the package.

If your stay is longer than 14 days, you can use your mug longer than 14 days. All you need to do is keep your mug receipt and then when the 14 days is up, present your receipt and have the gift shop recalibrate the chip in the mug.
Also a good clarification, thanks. Updated.

Quote:
Can I make Dining Reservations at 180 days for the entire split stay?
Yes and No. The online ADR system will not properly recognize the second stay when you reach the 180 mark for the first stay, only allowing you to book ADRs for the length of the first stay. However, if you call to make ADRs over the phone they will be able to book them for the entire length of your split stay.

I have never had a problem making ADRs online and I always do 2-3 resorts per vacation. ??
We had this exact issue just a few months ago for our January stay, booking right at 180 days. I changed the wording slightly to you "may" have an issue, but in my case it was for sure not allowed online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay324 View Post
Thanks for adding this, good information. I updated to try to summarize this in the FAQ.

MousePerks
MOD 137 - Owner at Animal Kingdom Villas, Riviera Resort, and Saratoga Springs Resort

Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV (Report); Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV; Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR
Micah008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:04 AM   #29
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Thanks Micah008! A lot of hard work!
Old 02-12-2015, 07:10 PM   #30
angisbell
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Thank you for taking the time to put all this info together. Was clueless about the mug thing. Good to know I should call to set up MDE too.
angisbell is offline   Reply With Quote