home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-15-2018, 03:32 PM   #131
jmmess
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCivish3 View Post
Have you tried calling the front desk of the new resort, from the old resort, before you leave? Would that work?
No, we haven’t. In the past our bands had to be realigned to the new rooms. It is easier to just go to the front desk and get it sorted once you get to the resort.
jmmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 06:15 PM   #132
Ariel's Sister
Studio

I usually take a bag or backpack with electronics and other important stuff with me and stash it in a locker at the front of whatever park I am going to spend my homeless hours at.

MaryJane
Ariel's Sister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 07:55 PM   #133
The.disney.couple
Two Bedroom

Awesome post! Thanks for doing this!

Check out my disney photography
https://www.instagram.com/the.disney.couple/?hl=en
The.disney.couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:54 PM   #134
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCivish3 View Post
Hi everyone. Thank you for all the great information. We generally have not done split stays in the past because my wife really never wanted to go to the trouble. However to me it sounds fun. I now have two splits days scheduled. One in February and one in June, where the total days at Disney World will be six days on one and nine days on the other. We will do three different resorts each split stay, and be two or three days in each room.

So, I was not aware that they would transfer your luggage to the new resort. I was planning on checking out and then taking an Uber with our luggage to the new resort and checking in. It would be so much better to just drop our bags at the bell captain on our way out, and then go to the park. Could we check into the second resort and third resort online, so that we can just go to the park? Are there any particular details we need to worry about with our luggage?

Again, I appreciate everyone’s help.
no worries but give the luggage 2 to 4 hours arrival time and make sure you have what you need for the day. They will give you a luggage claim ticket and you can use your cell phone to photograph it if you are bad with losing paper while park hopping.
(carry you swimsuit in case you want to pool hop or cool off if the room isn't ready.)
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 09:28 PM   #135
FCivish3
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
no worries but give the luggage 2 to 4 hours arrival time and make sure you have what you need for the day. They will give you a luggage claim ticket and you can use your cell phone to photograph it if you are bad with losing paper while park hopping.
(carry you swimsuit in case you want to pool hop or cool off if the room isn't ready.)
Thanks

Poly, AKL, BLT

FCivish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 02:35 PM   #136
Dana
Grand Villa

Not sure if the first post has been updated lately. Micah?

But, we are using someone else's points for our first part of our stay. And wondering if we'll be able to make ADRS for our entire stay at 180 days? Probably not, since the points are someone else's, correct?

What about DME? Do we need to go through the other person for our DME arrival?
Dana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 03:50 PM   #137
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post

But, we are using someone else's points for our first part of our stay. And wondering if we'll be able to make ADRS for our entire stay at 180 days? Probably not, since the points are someone else's, correct?

What about DME? Do we need to go through the other person for our DME arrival?
You can book DME yourself by contacting them direct.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en...gical-express/

And for ADRs, Member Services can probably make them for you if you’re a member. I would phone and say you have two back to back reservations and could they please book your ADRs for the second part of your stay.

You do know you can book FPs for both stays at the same time, right? 60 days out from stay#1, for up to 14 days depending how many days worth of tickets you have (and when they’re valid for).
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 04:02 PM   #138
Micah008
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
To my knowledge there are no updates required. A few months ago there was an issue with FP+ and Split Stays, and I was planning to write an update, but from the posts I have seen things are back to normal and working like before.

MousePerks
MOD 137 - Owner at Animal Kingdom Villas, Riviera Resort, and Saratoga Springs Resort

Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV (Report); Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV; Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 DRR/AKV
Micah008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 04:35 PM   #139
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah008 View Post
To my knowledge there are no updates required. A few months ago there was an issue with FP+ and Split Stays, and I was planning to write an update, but from the posts I have seen things are back to normal and working like before.
The only thing I can think of is the bit about the dining plan.

If staying room-only at a non DVC resort, you can phone and book what is called a “ticket-less package” to add the dining plan. So effectively you can add the dining plan to any stay, you just can’t always add it online.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 05:19 PM   #140
Dana
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
You can book DME yourself by contacting them direct.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en...gical-express/

And for ADRs, Member Services can probably make them for you if you’re a member. I would phone and say you have two back to back reservations and could they please book your ADRs for the second part of your stay.

You do know you can book FPs for both stays at the same time, right? 60 days out from stay#1, for up to 14 days depending how many days worth of tickets you have (and when they’re valid for).
Thanks!
Dana is offline   Reply With Quote