home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-22-2014, 08:06 PM   #21
luaulei321
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
Curious, are the VGC king beds actually California king beds?
I don't think so. We have a Cal king at home, and I think I remember the bed at VGC being slightly wider and shorter than our bed at home. I didn't really pay that close attention the times we've stayed in the larger units, so I could of course be wrong.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:15 PM   #22
oufpat
Two Bedroom

Thank you!! Now wondering if anyone has actually slept 5 in a BWV studio?
oufpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:15 PM   #23
Dana
Grand Villa

I'm confused about OKW. A 1 bedroom has the sleeper chair. The 2 bedroom does not (per the DVC booking website and this chart). Wouldn't at least the 2 bedroom lock-off include the sleeper chair?
Dana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:44 PM   #24
Micah008
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by oufpat View Post
Thank you!! Now wondering if anyone has actually slept 5 in a BWV studio?
Someone earlier in the thread posted that they had done it:
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=58

MousePerks
MOD 137 - Owner at Animal Kingdom Villas, Riviera Resort, and Saratoga Springs Resort

Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV (Report); Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV; Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR
Micah008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:47 PM   #25
Micah008
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
I'm confused about OKW. A 1 bedroom has the sleeper chair. The 2 bedroom does not (per the DVC booking website and this chart). Wouldn't at least the 2 bedroom lock-off include the sleeper chair?
Good catch.

Different parts of their website are sometimes inconsistent. In this case I think the Booking part is wrong, but the Destinations part is correct. It shows the Sleeper Chair in both the Dedicated and Lock-Off. Since the room officially sleeps 9 for both Dedicated and Lock-Off, this makes the most sense.

I will update my chart tonight. Thanks for pointing it out.

MousePerks
MOD 137 - Owner at Animal Kingdom Villas, Riviera Resort, and Saratoga Springs Resort

Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV (Report); Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV; Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR
Old 06-23-2014, 03:44 PM   #26
Syndrome
Grand Villa

Hey Micah,
Do you know the Animal Kingdom JAMBO 1 bdrm sleeper chair stats ?
We just reserved a 1bdrm in Jambo section vs Kidani (we like to be near the main lodge better) , but it states that the sleeper chair is in MOST of the 1 bdrm villas at Jambo...........not all of them.
Do we know exactly how may villas do NOT have the sleeper chair ? It would be great to get the room #'s that dont have the chair so at check-in the families that need the sleeper chair will know what rooms to avoid.

Thanks ..........Just wondering what are chances of NOT getting the sleeper chair are ???

Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:03 PM   #27
Micah008
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Hey Micah,
Do you know the Animal Kingdom JAMBO 1 bdrm sleeper chair stats ?
We just reserved a 1bdrm in Jambo section vs Kidani (we like to be near the main lodge better) , but it states that the sleeper chair is in MOST of the 1 bdrm villas at Jambo...........not all of them.
Do we know exactly how may villas do NOT have the sleeper chair ? It would be great to get the room #'s that dont have the chair so at check-in the families that need the sleeper chair will know what rooms to avoid.

Thanks ..........Just wondering what are chances of NOT getting the sleeper chair are ???
I don't know for sure, but I can give you my best guess.

I have seen a few places where they say "most" when referring to things at Jambo. In many of the cases it is the Value rooms that are different. So, it is most likely that it is only the Value 1BRs that don't have the sleeper chair, and therefore if you are booked for a Standard or Savanna view you will get the chair.

If anyone else knows for sure please post, but this is my best interpretation of what I have seen.

Where specifically are you seeing it state "most"?

MousePerks

Last edited by Micah008; 06-23-2014 at 04:05 PM.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:07 PM   #28
Micah008
Grand Villa

In the Destinations part of the dvcmember website it says "1 sleeper chair (except in Value rooms)" under the Rooms and Points section for the 1BRs.

MousePerks

Old 06-23-2014, 06:01 PM   #29
Syndrome
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah008 View Post
I don't know for sure, but I can give you my best guess.

I have seen a few places where they say "most" when referring to things at Jambo. In many of the cases it is the Value rooms that are different. So, it is most likely that it is only the Value 1BRs that don't have the sleeper chair, and therefore if you are booked for a Standard or Savanna view you will get the chair.

If anyone else knows for sure please post, but this is my best interpretation of what I have seen.

Where specifically are you seeing it state "most"?
It says "Most" in the 2013-2014 Vacation Planner. "The Insiders Guide to Living The Magic" .

Jambo House accommodations .............

One - Bedroom Villa
Most sleep up to 5 guests, all sleep up to 4 guests.
1 king size bed, 1 queen sleeper sofa , most have 1 sleeper chair, 1 bathroom , full kitchen.

I think you are correct about the value accommodations. Hopefully they are the only ones, that do NOT have the sleeper sofa.
We booked Savanna, and could really use the sleeper chair !

Old 06-23-2014, 06:03 PM   #30
Syndrome
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah008 View Post
In the Destinations part of the dvcmember website it says "1 sleeper chair (except in Value rooms)" under the Rooms and Points section for the 1BRs.
Yes, I do see that now, Thanks !