home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-22-2019, 08:22 AM   #11
goofyguy1958
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by debabe View Post
Does anyone know if Disney Kidani is still doing extensive room renovating?

We stayed in Kidani a few months ago and most of the savanna rooms were undergoing refurbishments, so there were cranes & construction equipment everywhere and very few animals. Our room was the second to the last facing the front of the resort, not the expansive savanna view, and the walk to the room took nearly 15 minutes.

Such a long walk might not be the best with a four-year-old.
Just got back from picking my daughter up after her DCP . Son and I stayed at AKL Jambo and there was a lot of renovating going on there. Took a peak in one of the rooms and they had it gutted except for the new floors being put down - looks like Prego "hardwood".

As for OPs question, I would say Kidani for a 4 y/o boy. In my opinion the savana views are much more open and there always appear to be more wild life. The pool also has much more for a younger child.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:20 AM   #12
FreakyApe
Studio

Default depends on the kid

I think a pool/water lover is going to want to be in kidani, especially if social enough to use that splash playground (at sawamati springs?) with other kids. Also, the buses pick up there first, so you are more likely to get seats.

Otherwise Jambo has the food, the night vision safari viewing, the outdoor movies, the playground.

You can't go wrong though, especially if you don't mind walking between the 2 when needed. It's not that far a walk for us city people.

Last edited by FreakyApe; 05-22-2019 at 09:51 AM. Reason: i was wrong.
FreakyApe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:44 AM   #13
Suflay
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyApe View Post
I think a pool/water lover is going to want to be in kidani, especially if social enough to use that splash playground (at sawamati springs?) with other kids.

Otherwise Jambo has the food, the night vision safari viewing, the outdoor movies, the playground.

Also, the buses pick up there first, so you are more likely to get seats.

You can't go wrong though, especially if you don't mind walking between the 2 when needed. It's not that far a walk for us city people.
The park buses pick up first at Kidani, then Jambo. Samawati Springs pool has 2 slides, a short gentle one for the younger kids, and a longer, faster one with curves for bigger kids (and adults). The water playground near the pool is great for little ones.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:48 AM   #14
swat08
One Bedroom

I lean towards Jambo if no car and studio. Kidani can be a very long walk with 4 year old, unless you take stroller all the time then that's a big help.
swat08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:50 AM   #15
FreakyApe
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suflay View Post
The park buses pick up first at Kidani, then Jambo.
whoops! will fix, thanks.
FreakyApe is offline   Reply With Quote