home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: Which view do you like best?
AKV–Savanna 25 23.15%
BLT-Theme Park 24 22.22%
BLT-Lake 12 11.11%
BWV-Boardwalk 24 22.22%
BWV-Pool/Garden 2 1.85%
PVB-Lake 20 18.52%
VGF-Lake 1 0.93%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2019, 10:33 PM   #41
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmoneous View Post
Where's the option for VWL dumpster-view. Or does than not exist anymore?
Sadly it does exist still.
We got luck of the draw before DH cancer sx so I pitched a fit and got a lake view on a lower floor.
My favorite is AKL then BRV pool/lake view upper floor.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 12:02 PM   #42
Wonderdog4
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
To me this was a no brainer - PVB lake. Straight on view of MK.

AKL Savannah is an honorable mention to me.

We had a third floor room in the middle of the Moorea building at PVB a couple of years ago right before Christmas. The view truly was magical.

AKL savannah is awesome because of the animals but sometimes they don't cooperate.

We own at BWV but always do standard view. We are splurging on a Boardwalk view room in November. Maybe I'll change my opinion after that trip and resurrect this thread.
Wonderdog4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 07:12 PM   #43
leo122160
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubster View Post
It's the best.

Another not quite on the list is BWV Village Green view. It's considered pool/garden but does give a bit of Boardwalk view.
DW and I had a studio with Village Green view night before cruise and we were amazed with the view. It was awesome
Old 05-19-2019, 11:47 PM   #44
Boundin'
Grand Villa

I've stayed in all the "view" rooms except PVB bungalow which I would imagine is the best. I vote PVB lake view, provided its third floor. Otherwise BLT. I love Boardwalk view also. Savanna views don't do anything for me.

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

BCV BWV BLT VGC
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 12:55 AM   #45
brp
Add-on Aficionado

I realized I misspoke. BWV, in general, and the BWV Boardwalk View suck. No one should ever want them. Ever. Stay away!

Cheers.
Old 05-20-2019, 06:41 AM   #46
MMC1
Grand Villa

I guess my favorite view would be BLT. Just walking out of the elevator on almost every floor is amazing. The height of building also creates a grand spectacle every morning Sunrise and evening sunset . Bonus if storm clouds roll in or lightning fireworks providing drama. A full moon is never missed . The Magic of watching the MK waking up and slowly closing as people exit with so many transportation choices.
I almost have to force myself to close my eyes to rest . I don’t have that problem with other resort views.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 08:46 AM   #47
CaptJacksFamily
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
I realized I misspoke. BWV, in general, and the BWV Boardwalk View suck. No one should ever want them. Ever. Stay away!

Cheers.
Darn you are right, can I change my vote?

Nothing like the morning cup of coffee on the balcony watching the Friendship Boats start their morning runs and the beat from the motivated people like bro running on the boardwalk. We like it so much that the house we bought in Orlando sets on a small lake and we can hear the boat whistles from MK in the morning so we get the same feeling.

My number two would be BRV / CCV but the view I like there isn't from a room it is from the chairs by the beach that are part of the Geyser Point Bar.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:05 AM   #48
Commish
One Bedroom

I think BLT Theme Park View is perfect - MK is still and will always be the signature property at WDW and having that view just feels good

Also respect this poll because there was no BCV option! - Love the resort but even the best views aren't great!
Old 05-20-2019, 12:00 PM   #49
EEGRAM
Grand Villa

This was a hard choice for me.
I love the Savanna view for my leisurely wake up coffee in the morning. So very relaxing sitting and watching the animals.

But I also love the Boardwalk view at night for ending my day with a nice glass of wine and watching the people mingle with the boardwalk entertainers and the boats coming and going.

In the end I chose the AK Savanna view.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:16 PM   #50
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

I love it all.....except for the value, standard view rooms. They are cheap for a reason and its 9 out of 10 times its because of the lousy location/view.

There are exceptions to the standard view rooms and that is SSR. Disney "created" a view category for views of Disney Springs and being close to the Lobby. The rest of the resort views are pretty nice actually.

On a related note, last week on another forum, I saw someone complaining of the VGF standard view room. If you wanted a nice view, book a lake view room. There is a good chance if you book a VGF stand view room its either monorail or parking lot.