home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: Which would you pick?
CCV cabin and BWV studio (will waitlist CCV/BRV studio)=227 points as is 6 15.79%
3BR GV at Riviera= 236 points 26 68.42%
other (please tell) 6 15.79%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2019, 07:34 PM   #21
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
This is what I am considering. Can do AKV or SSR. Asked my DDs and one said that sounds good and probably AKV because our friends would like that. Other DD said 'what about the new place' meaning Riviera. She likes the idea of that. But we'd have to drop the studio for DS.
I rather have everyone at the same resort, but family dynamics can be tricky. I hope it all works out.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:46 PM   #22
noreen99
Two Bedroom

I voted other

We did a trip with 7 “adults” last year the majority being college...2 of them were celebrating their 21st. I booked a GV preferred view @ SSR. Being the overprotective mom I went and took all the car keys for the trip and held them.

- at least that way they could walk to DS to party.
noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:35 PM   #23
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreen99 View Post
I voted other

We did a trip with 7 ďadultsĒ last year the majority being college...2 of them were celebrating their 21st. I booked a GV preferred view @ SSR. Being the overprotective mom I went and took all the car keys for the trip and held them.

- at least that way they could walk to DS to party.
See DH suggested SSR for this....walking to/from DS. But only 1/4 girls will be 21. My twin DDs will be 2.5 months away from 21 and youngest girl will only be 19.

I am thinking of going with AKV. We can even move the studio over from BWV.

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
DVC trip(s): Aug 27-31 HHI / Sept 27-Oct 6 BWV&SSR / Dec 19-21 AKV GV & Dec 21-28 Vistana / June 7-11, 2020 HHI
Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam & Sept 4, 2021 NCL Pride of America
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:35 PM   #24
Djohn06
Grand Villa

Can't go wrong with a Kidani GV.

Plus if you have people who aren't really into the parks, there is so much for them to do right at AKV.

Djohn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 03:31 AM   #25
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Another vote for a grand villa, as much as the cabins have appeal just not enough space for that many people even without all sleeping there. Plus itís a grand villa, which in and of itself has appeal.

Keeping everyone at the same place trumps everything else, so if AKV works best go for it!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 06:35 AM   #26
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

The AK Kidani GV Room # 7859 could be possibility for you since you may be considering other options.
We just stayed there end November.
Itís the only GV that used to be classified as a savanna view but it was down graded to fewer points because so many complained that it was not a good savanna view. Itís at the top of the backwards 3.

It was perfect! 2 levels and plenty of room!
Beautiful!
The view was short, but long. Plenty of animals! It actually felt more intimate because that stretch of view is so narrow that the advantage is seeing some animals closer.
We even had great conversation with one of the CM animal caretakers just from our balcony that was wonderful!
Top level has separate entry (but the door # is not marked outside of it)

Downside... itís a long walk down the hall and of course staying at AK is a ride everywhere.
But for space and wow factor, it may be worth considering.

You know that whatever you decide will be a win. Anything is manageable because .... this ainít your first rodeo!
Good luck!
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:09 AM   #27
Mass Transit
Grand Villa

I first thought that the obvious choice is to book the CCV cabin for a December stay (to hopefully use the fireplace), but the Riviera is new, new, new!!!!

Mass Transit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:19 AM   #28
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Was set on 3BR AKV Kidani savanna view but 12/19 is now missing as is many 3BRs for that date (including Riviera). Will go with SSR. And then watch to see what may pop open if people are walking or switching around. Sigh. Can always go back to cabin (I grabbed the 2 nights at AKV was attempting to walk daily but dates were missing this morning so I switched to SSR for now as that and AKV standard view are all that are open for those 2 nights). We can also do a treehouse but the bunk beds only in the 3rd BR aren't conducive for 4 college girls (neither is a queen bed room). Will just waitlist AKV jambo 3BR savanna.

And I'll keep the BWV standard view studio for DS (will be 23) and his GF (will be 25). That is a hot commodity that I want to hold onto. He'd also appreciate being away from us. I don't think he'll come anyway (he is coming for this F&W trip that is 9 nights and likely won't be able to get off around Xmas...he works in a hotel) so I can cancel at 31 days and then bank those points to use for F&W 2020.

EDIT to add...okay, going with AKV standard and will waitlist savanna at jambo and either standrad at Jambo too or savanna at Kidani. The pool table sounds fun. And we may not have park tickets except maybe 1 day at HS for SWGE depending on how that all is going. Well, my family has APs but our friends dont and they dont typically do disney (they like the OTHER park). So being at AKV will be nice. Especially if we get Jambo for pool table.

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
DVC trip(s): Aug 27-31 HHI / Sept 27-Oct 6 BWV&SSR / Dec 19-21 AKV GV & Dec 21-28 Vistana / June 7-11, 2020 HHI
Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam & Sept 4, 2021 NCL Pride of America

Last edited by Lamima; 05-17-2019 at 08:32 PM.
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote