home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: Which would you pick?
CCV cabin and BWV studio (will waitlist CCV/BRV studio)=227 points as is 6 15.79%
3BR GV at Riviera= 236 points 26 68.42%
other (please tell) 6 15.79%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2019, 03:09 PM   #11
The.disney.couple
Two Bedroom

Would definitely do the GV for a few reasons. You don't own at DRR so this may be the easiest time to book at GV there, 7 months out during the holidays. You will always have that 11 month availability at the CCV cabins. I would want to keep everyone at the same resort and a studio isn't available there right now. BW would be much too far to be able to spend fun time together without worrying about how to get back to your room late at night. I feel like having everyone in one space is more fun and GVs still have the privacy of 3 bedrooms but also have one big communal space where everyone could hang out.

Check out my disney photography
https://www.instagram.com/the.disney.couple/?hl=en
The.disney.couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 04:10 PM   #12
DBridge
Studio

Having stayed in one of the CCV Cabins,I would never attempt to max out the occupancy there.

They are beautiful yes.... however, they are not spacious for 8....

Unless of course a few people bring some sleeping bags and sleep on the patio
DBridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 04:24 PM   #13
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBridge View Post
Having stayed in one of the CCV Cabins,I would never attempt to max out the occupancy there.

They are beautiful yes.... however, they are not spacious for 8....

Unless of course a few people bring some sleeping bags and sleep on the patio
It's why I booked the back up studio at BWV and will waitlist over at BRV and CCV. But if my son and his GF come, they will take that studio. Though it is about 90% likely they won't come.

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
DVC trip(s): Sept 27-Oct 6 BWV&SSR / Dec 19-21 AKV GV & Dec 21-28 Vistana / May 9-13, 2020 HHI
Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam & March 8, 2021 Celebrity Reflection
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 04:28 PM   #14
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Just asked one of my girls and she said Riviera.

DVC trip(s): Sept 27-Oct 6 BWV&SSR / Dec 19-21 AKV GV & Dec 21-28 Vistana / May 9-13, 2020 HHI
Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam & March 8, 2021 Celebrity Reflection
Old 05-16-2019, 05:36 PM   #15
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Could keep the BWV studio for my son AND get a 3BR at SSR or AKV with the cabin points (modifying). If we do Riviera we'd have to combine points from BOTH cabin and BWV studio PLUS add like 9 more points.

Old 05-16-2019, 05:45 PM   #16
TexasChick
Grand Villa

How about a less expensive GV somewhere else to allow for that extra studio with the leftover points? Are all of them booked? I haven’t checked.

Could you all stay at the same resort with the 3BR and a studio?

Last edited by TexasChick; 05-16-2019 at 05:53 PM.
TexasChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:00 PM   #17
melk
Grand Villa

I went with the CCV cabin for the sole reason I was cleaning some things out today and came across some pictures from when we stayed there last year. I actually said out loud (to just myself, lol) ďThat was the best place we ever stayed with DVC.Ē

To be honest I havenít even looked at pictures for the GV at Riviera. So maybe donít go by me
melk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:11 PM   #18
choosymom
Two Bedroom

I would just do Wilderness Lodge 2 bedroom and studio. Less points same place with great amenities.

choosymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:45 PM   #19
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
How about a less expensive GV somewhere else to allow for that extra studio with the leftover points? Are all of them booked? I havenít checked.

Could you all stay at the same resort with the 3BR and a studio?
This is what I am considering. Can do AKV or SSR. Asked my DDs and one said that sounds good and probably AKV because our friends would like that. Other DD said 'what about the new place' meaning Riviera. She likes the idea of that. But we'd have to drop the studio for DS.

Old 05-16-2019, 07:25 PM   #20
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
This is what I am considering. Can do AKV or SSR. Asked my DDs and one said that sounds good and probably AKV because our friends would like that. Other DD said 'what about the new place' meaning Riviera. She likes the idea of that. But we'd have to drop the studio for DS.
AKV GV. They are awesome!