home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-30-2019, 04:08 PM   #361
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
With 6 million points I think you'll be fine, but by then we might finally get to the $200/point everybody has been predicting for the last year. Or maybe there'll be some economic downturn that'll get you to the same place as now with incentives. It stinks that they can't do anything for you. Now I'm wondering a bit about how they sell these on cruise ships, but perhaps they only sign papers in international waters
I bought on a cruise once. The paperwork was not signed on the ship. It was signed at the SSR DVC sales center. For me I happened to be going to WDW after my cruise and they had me come over after the cruise to sign. I assume for others they simply take the orders on the ship and send the documents later.

Where I'm Going 2019:

Friday, 01/18/19 - Monday, 01/21/19 - Offsite (Hyatt Regency Orange County)
Friday, 02/08/19 - Sunday, 02/10/19 - VGC
Sunday, 06/30/19 - Friday, 07/12/19 - HHI
Friday, 08/30/19 - Monday, 09/02/2019 - VGC
Friday, 09/27/19 - Tuesday, 10/01/2019 - VGC
Friday, 10/11/19 - Monday, 10/14/2019 - VGC
Friday, 10/25/19 - Wednesday, 10/30/2019 - VGF
Wednesday, 10/30/2019 - Monday, 11/04/2019 - BWV (Running 2nd 10K w/BFF - 11/02/19)
Monday, 11/04/2019 - Saturday, 11/09/2019 - BWV
Friday, 12/20/19 - Tuesday, 12/24/2019 - VGC

cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 04:56 PM   #362
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrdgrs View Post
I bought on a cruise once. The paperwork was not signed on the ship. It was signed at the SSR DVC sales center. For me I happened to be going to WDW after my cruise and they had me come over after the cruise to sign. I assume for others they simply take the orders on the ship and send the documents later.
I wonder if I could get paperwork sent to the US embassy. That’s actually American “soil” so to speak .....

Just kidding really. If we really want to add on, we will just arrange it for while we’re going to be there. And if they won’t / can’t sell us the resort we want, then we have the resale option.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 09:28 PM   #363
kaedeesmom
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by plkkak View Post
Do we have any indication about distribution of points amongst different use years? I would like to buy 75 points but would prefer to buy for a use year that will tend to have more resale points available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
With their new flexible UY policy, they can make their developer points anything they want, so the distributions may be very different than in the past. I would look at some of the older resorts and see which are the most popular UYs. I think it is usually Feb, June, and Dec. August has pretty good availability too. April, March, Sept, and Oct seem to be harder to find than the others. However, this new policy may drastically change this dynamic. Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveresorts View Post
Each resort has different amounts in different years. Example BLT might have 10% Jan and GFV might have 15% Jan. They are not equal

Here's some good detail about use year distribution at different resorts:
https://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pr...-february-2018
Old 05-14-2019, 02:47 PM   #364
pdude81
Grand Villa

Here's a 3d walkthrough of the proposed site for anybody who is interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WajHxGbIZAk

They showed this at our tour but I wasn't aware that it was up on youtube
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:32 PM   #365
bassetbeauty
Grand Villa

Quote:
Here's a 3d walkthrough of the proposed site for anybody who is interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WajHxGbIZAk

They showed this at our tour but I wasn't aware that it was up on youtube
I typically prefer the smaller hotels...but I think this is going to be very very nice. I am looking forward to seeing it in person.
bassetbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:58 PM   #366
salmoneous
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
My view is that unless the area north of Coronado Springs is unable to be developed, that is the largest and most versatile plot they have available to use.
That's all conservation land that can't (easily) be built on. For the planning geeks, here's a link to Disney's 10-year land use document. Very wordy, but some great maps if you just want to look at pictures.

Warning - bigass pdf: https://www.rcid.org/wp-content/uplo...nsive_Plan.pdf
salmoneous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:08 PM   #367
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmoneous View Post
That's all conservation land that can't (easily) be built on. For the planning geeks, here's a link to Disney's 10-year land use document. Very wordy, but some great maps if you just want to look at pictures.

Warning - bigass pdf: https://www.rcid.org/wp-content/uplo...nsive_Plan.pdf
Thanks, Sal. I will definitely check that out

Plus I'm interested to see how large that area is and compare it to the other large plots of land Dave bought up recently for potential conservation offsets.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote