home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-25-2019, 01:49 PM   #21
Fiveresorts
Two Bedroom

You can buy points today they will be put in the system starting March 27. Developer credits continue thru April. New buyers that are DVC members can start to make reservations April 10th others April 15. Resort Scheduled to open still Dec 16.
Fiveresorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:00 PM   #22
Sephorin
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah008 View Post
Thanks! I'm surprised the price is so low, but maybe they're trying to compensate for the higher maintenance fees?
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:02 PM   #23
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
Thanks for the links.

Time for a new thread.
Done!

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:17 PM   #24
Lovetheboardwalk
Grand Villa

$188 per point... I am shocked. Really thought it would be much higher.

Home Sweet Home:
**BWV 1999 **BRV 2017**

**Boulder Ridge Jan. 2020**
**Boardwalk Feb. 2020**
Resorts we still need to visit: VGF, AKL, and Poly
Lovetheboardwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:24 PM   #25
The.disney.couple
Two Bedroom

I got the email this morning to take the "Exclusive" DVC memeber tour next week! We are really excited to see the rooms and try some of the food!

We've going back and forth about doing a small add on for 3 nights to complement our Monorail resorts. We got over the resale factor (kinda), the point charts aren't as bad as I was thinking they would be (especially because we mostly travel during choice for October break) and surprised the price stayed at 188 per point. But those Maintenance fees are a major ouch!

I'm wondering if these maintenance fees already have the increases coming to the other resorts in the next few years because of the pay increases and Riviera wont see high increases for the few years while the other resorts catch up, because $8.31 is tough to swallow!

Check out my disney photography
https://www.instagram.com/the.disney.couple/?hl=en

Last edited by The.disney.couple; 03-25-2019 at 03:33 PM.
The.disney.couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:29 PM   #26
Micah008
Grand Villa

Now that everything has been merged into a new thread... I updated my first post to include a summary of some of the info, with links. Let me know if I missed anything and I will add to the summary.

MousePerks
MOD 137 - Owner at Animal Kingdom Villas, Riviera Resort, and Saratoga Springs Resort

Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV (Report); Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV; Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 DRR/AKV
Micah008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:31 PM   #27
Lovetheboardwalk
Grand Villa

Are the Monorail resorts paying for the Gondolas? wondering if that's why the MFs are so high?

Home Sweet Home:
**BWV 1999 **BRV 2017**

**Boulder Ridge Jan. 2020**
**Boardwalk Feb. 2020**
Resorts we still need to visit: VGF, AKL, and Poly
Lovetheboardwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:44 PM   #28
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrspepe View Post
I am very surprised at how reasonable the GVs are.

I saw that immediately looking at the chart. 2 Seasons are less than 800 points per week. Especially after the sticker shock of the Bungalows and to a lesser degree, the cabins.
Im not jumping in to fight over Tower Studios or Standard Studios and my SSR or OKW points will go a long way for a GV at Riviera. That's the sweet spot imo.
A fixed week will not receive the incentives and I already have CCV, so I think Im good with not owning Riviera.
I will only stay there if I can get a GV or Standard studio and at these prices and MF, I don't need to own. All the GV are preferred view so that should be a nice stay worthy of the points.
And for studios that sleep 5, my preference in order- BCV, BWV, VGF, RR, VWL, and PVB.

I also see they covered their tails on the Preferred view category. It's pretty much everything but the parking lot. I don't think we will get a reprieve on room categories like BLT.
DVCQUEEN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:45 PM   #29
carolina_yankee
Administrator

I'm a little disappointed that the member incentive would take the price per point to less than we paid for Copper Creek last fall, but I think, in the end, I'll be happier with an 11 month window at Copper Creek and access to the Legacy 14 network if I ever want to sell.

I definitely want to stay at Riviera for next January's trip, and I can handle either a deluxe studio or 1 bedroom premium view for this first stay. Future stays, if any, I'll probably be fine with standard view, just as I am at PVB.

Our interest in both resorts are the overall resort experience and location, not specific views.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:52 PM   #30
The.disney.couple
Two Bedroom

Can someone link the room totals per category for Riviera? I remember someone posted it in one of the other threads but I can't seem to find it. I would really appreciate it, thanks!

Check out my disney photography
https://www.instagram.com/the.disney.couple/?hl=en
The.disney.couple is offline   Reply With Quote