home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-04-2019, 09:20 AM   #81
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
At this point, just going back to $188 without incentives would be a huge price hike.
Great point!

We bought in for effectively $170pp. I know if we had purchased just 25 more points, it would've come down even more, but some of that savings would've been eaten up by closing costs of a 4th contract. The discussion we had was 3 contracts at 50, 50, and 75 points versus 4 contracts with 50 points per contract. We paid $1,125 in closing costs versus paying $1,356 for 4 contracts. This means we would've saved an addition $819 versus $1050 because I would've backed out the addition $231 we paid in extra closing costs. The points would've cost just over $168pp. It's not a huge difference when you consider I am comparing it to $167pp if we didn't split up the contracts. My point is that some of that extra savings between 175 points and 200 points would've been eaten up by closing costs on an additional contract in addition to the extra ~$3900 we would've had to pay for 200 points versus 175 points which is no small amount of money. So for us, 175 was the breaking point. Early morning math. Isn't it fun?!?
Old 04-04-2019, 09:29 AM   #82
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
Really? Yikes. I thought it may go into the $190s for quite some time and sit there, but I have only seen some of the Poly direct sales period and the CCV sales. Do you remember how quickly CCV and Poly increased? I am sure there is a chart somewhere listing all of this stuff, but I don't seem to see it.

The $188 price is pre-sales to existing owners. On April 15th, sales are open to the general public. I expect a price bump after sales open to all by end of May, then another bump in price once the resort opens in December.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:34 AM   #83
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
The $188 price is pre-sales to existing owners. On April 15th, sales are open to the general public. I expect a price bump after sales open to all by end of May, then another bump in price once the resort opens in December.
I was just trying to find what the presale price was for GFV? I kicked myself for not buying after. I waited on the sidelines for a while watching the resale market, which never dropped too far below its initial price - I keep thinking that was 133 or 135???
Old 04-04-2019, 09:37 AM   #84
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:

VGF
May 2013 - $145
June 2013 - $150
Feb 2014 - $155
June 2014 - $165

$20 pp in 13 months.

PVB
Jan 2015 - $160
Feb 2015 - $165
Dec 2015 - $168
May 2016 - $171
Jan 2017 - $186
Old 04-04-2019, 09:38 AM   #85
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
I was just trying to find what the presale price was for GFV? I kicked myself for not buying after. I waited on the sidelines for a while watching the resale market, which never dropped too far below its initial price - I keep thinking that was 133 or 135???
How much higher are the initial prices usually for non-members? Or is it just that they have lower incentives?

So is the prediction that it'll stay $188pp until the incentive period ends on April 30th and then bump a bit until when the resort actually opens?

VGF went on sale for $145pp in 2013. That one I know.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:58 AM   #86
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Great point!

The discussion we had was 3 contracts at 50, 50, and 75 points versus 4 contracts with 50 points per contract. We paid $1,125 in closing costs versus paying $1,356 for 4 contracts. This means we would've saved an addition $819 versus $1050 because I would've backed out the addition $231 we paid in extra closing costs.
This makes sense if you wanted to keep all the contracts small. I'm looking at a 100x2 if this happens, as I don't intend to sell them down the road and splitting any further for use would just end up costing more money.

Quote:
The 188 seems to be guaranteed at least through the end of April based on discussions with guides on this pricing offer. I can certainly see them not offering any incentives to new buyers on 4/15 and just putting them at the $188, but it's kind of strange to tell people that there is a sale for this but you can't have it. I sort of expect them to have some lesser incentives for new buyers from 4/15 through the end of the month. This is based on nothing but speculation.

Quote:
How much higher are the initial prices usually for non-members? Or is it just that they have lower incentives?

So is the prediction that it'll stay $188pp until the incentive period ends on April 30th and then bump a bit until when the resort actually opens?
IIRC they usually just end the member portion before they sell to non-members, and then everybody pays the same until they do credits later on. This offering is very strange because they are offering big incentives up front, so it's hard to make sense of it all.

I actually predict that it'll stay at $188 for some time and they dump the incentives. However, I could definitely see a mid-year raise to 191 or 192 along with some lesser offers than exist for us now.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 10:00 AM   #87
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:

VGF went on sale for $145pp in 2013. That one I know.
Thank you! I take it you purchased VGF when it went on sale. I am still kicking myself for waiting on that one. My whole family wanted to purchase there, and I kept thinking it would be so much cheaper on resale
Old 04-04-2019, 10:12 AM   #88
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
Thank you! I take it you purchased VGF when it went on sale. I am still kicking myself for waiting on that one. My whole family wanted to purchase there, and I kept thinking it would be so much cheaper on resale
I did not. We missed it's sell out date by about 5 or 6 months. We didn't even know what DVC was before then. It was our first contract though, so I did a lot of research after I contacted DVD in November 2015 and was told they weren't selling it. It was $165pp at the time, but they refused to sell it to me. It all worked out in the end because I purchased resale before the major restrictions went into effect in April 2016.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:20 PM   #89
kaedeesmom
Two Bedroom

Quote:
I think how someone spends money is a very personal decision. What may be right for one person may be wrong for another. As Iíve told a few already, I wish I wouldíve kept my decision to buy Riviera to myself. The amount of negative things people have said is unbelievable to me. There have been far more negative comments than positive ones. I do accept that I invited the criticism whether directly or indirectly by posting on a message board that I bought Riviera. I wonít make the mistake of sharing any more decisions on what we buy or more likely sell on message boards anymore. If you think itís a resort that you and your family would enjoy, then you shouldnít feel bad about buying there. Itís your money and your decision. There are pros and cons to every decision. After youíve given it some thought, just make the decision that feels right for you.
I'm sad that you've had to deal with that negativity. I've enjoyed watching your journey, and was happy for you when you purchased. Congrats, btw!

Quote:
I agree.....people get hung up way to much on trying to save a buck or make a deal. I believe in doing what makes you happy as long as you can afford to do so. If everyone was sincere in going the cheapest and most practical way, we would all own SSR resale contracts and not bother with any of the other resorts.
Old 04-08-2019, 11:07 PM   #90
Fergatron
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
VGF
May 2013 - $145
June 2013 - $150
Feb 2014 - $155
June 2014 - $165

$20 pp in 13 months.

PVB
Jan 2015 - $160
Feb 2015 - $165
Dec 2015 - $168
May 2016 - $171
Jan 2017 - $186
We bought PVB at $176pp in August of 2017, so there's another step somewhere in there but I definitely get the point. It goes up and up!
Fergatron is offline   Reply With Quote