home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-22-2019, 05:27 PM   #11
FessParker1
Grand Villa

I have March and April use years. April gets used in fall and before xmas. March gets used in March. It works for me. If I had all April and had to cancel a March trip for some reason those points would be gone with no time to bank or rebook.
FessParker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 06:09 PM   #12
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Any guesses what the new prices will be?
Old 03-22-2019, 06:40 PM   #13
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
Any guesses what the new prices will be?
That I donít know.
Old 03-22-2019, 11:33 PM   #14
Jawfish
One Bedroom

We are just about to get our points from our resale that we just closed on. Now this post... ugh. Can you say adonitis? Yet another reason to go resale shopping soon.

1971 Offsite
1987 Offsite
1995 Offsite
1999 Offsite
2010 Fort Wilderness
2012 Fort Wilderness
2014 DAAR (May)
2015 Became DVC Owners
2015 PVB (Oct - 1st DVC Trip)
2016 PVB (May - Honeymoon)
2017 BLT (May - Pandora Preview)
2017 AK / PVB (Nov)
2018 PVB (Sep)
2018 Offsite (Dec)
2019 Offsite (May)
2019 SSR (Aug - SW:GE Preview)
2019 PVB (Sep)

2019 DL Cali Offsite (Oct)
2019 PVB (Dec)
2020 PVB (May)
Jawfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 08:04 AM   #15
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawfish View Post
We are just about to get our points from our resale that we just closed on. Now this post... ugh. Can you say adonitis? Yet another reason to go resale shopping soon.
Yup I got my note saying all was finalized yesterday for my January purchase. I saw one up for sale 2 days ago and made an offer. I should have offered full price as it was a good one. There will be more.
FessParker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 10:12 AM   #16
Spartan86
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Ask yourself If it does not matter, why did DVC create Use Years in the beginning?
And why were they created with different amounts per month. I always assumed Disney did that to monitor/ control the obvious popular booking months to balance with demand that could occur. And why are some considered more valuable or popular and therefore difficult to find when looking for resale.
And why does Disney demand we remain in our original use year.... because they care about us?

Whoever is recreating DVC obviously has never been a member and is trying to make more money for the company and therefore secures their job and salary.
I’m involved in a conversation elsewhere about the “flexible UY” concept just rolled out and about DVD’s recent revisions to the member agreements regarding UY. If you look at some of the early language, unit UY was determined by when the unit(s) was declared into the condominium. Additionally, at BWV and BRV the language stated that all ownership interests of a given unit must have the same UY. The revised language is pretty similar to language rolled out way back at SSR, and is less constraining. All to say, I’m surprised with the early resorts that DVD ever hamstrung themselves with specific UY language (UY governed by declaration month or by Unit). I also wonder if there has long been “flexible UY” sales going on behind the scenes at DVD with ROFR’d and/or foreclosed contracts and we are just now seeing it more “forward facing” with the flexible UY concept, the specifics of which are yet to be totally understood.
Spartan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 10:44 AM   #17
MMC1
Grand Villa

That makes sense , and prob correct . So Disney is just tightening up all legalities and not a concern.
Although , I am wondering if the small point contracts that are obviously for a trip every other year has alerted Disney to consider new type of flexible contract
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 10:30 AM   #18
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Some people are now reporting that guides, when asked, are confirming there will be another direct price increase in June. I haven't asked my guide, so I cannot personally confirm, but I plan to ask her.
Old 04-01-2019, 11:00 AM   #19
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
Some people are now reporting that guides, when asked, are confirming there will be another direct price increase in June. I haven't asked my guide, so I cannot personally confirm, but I plan to ask her.

Its a coming.....
Old 04-01-2019, 11:31 AM   #20
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
I'll certainly ask my guide about this when I talk to him next to see if I can confirm, but he's usually very reserved about anything that hasn't been officially announced yet. I thought it might just be the assumed CCV hike that they plan for 6/1, but if everything is going up I wonder if it'll put a hurting on direct sales. Then again, no matters how much things go up at the parks they are still packed.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote