home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-07-2019, 07:33 AM   #101
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningTink View Post
We got a call from our new guide (still miss our guide Andy so much). He said a WL weíve been on for VGC cams through. I was busy setting up a huge party so I canít remember the exact price PP, but it was either $260 or $280pp. I feel l8ke it was $280 tho. Iím sure my eyes bugged out of my head and I almost lolíd at him. I said thanks, but for that price we will pass. Will have to be content with the 225 we have there.
Saw some on a resale site this morning for $160-165 5 contracts.
FessParker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 08:26 AM   #102
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
Saw some on a resale site this morning for $160-165 5 contracts.
I saw those too. Itís $40k+ though for each of them because theyíre so large. If they were a bit smaller, I might be tempted.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:43 PM   #103
DrewDrew
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Does anybody have any more information about direct price increases? I know that DDR incentives will change at the end of the month but will the $188 change? Will sold out resorts also increase? I've tried asking my guide but he doesn't seem to know anything...
DrewDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:21 AM   #104
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewDrew View Post
Does anybody have any more information about direct price increases? I know that DDR incentives will change at the end of the month but will the $188 change? Will sold out resorts also increase? I've tried asking my guide but he doesn't seem to know anything...
Typically the guides get word a couple weeks before a baseline price increase so they can let people know to "buy now". I don't think the sold out resort prices are as predictable, but at this point we may just be looking at CCV going up. Even that was a soft prediction of 6/1 based on expected sell out. Perhaps they'll not renew Riviera incentives though
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:27 AM   #105
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewDrew View Post
I havenít heard anything new. I did see someone say a guide confirmed the price increase at CCV on 6/1. I havenít talked to any brokers or guides lately though. What @pdude81 said is true that theyíll probably get the heads up shortly before it goes into effect to get a good push for sales.
Old 05-25-2019, 10:10 PM   #106
Summerw
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
I think how someone spends money is a very personal decision. What may be right for one person may be wrong for another. As Iíve told a few already, I wish I wouldíve kept my decision to buy Riviera to myself. The amount of negative things people have said is unbelievable to me. There have been far more negative comments than positive ones. I do accept that I invited the criticism whether directly or indirectly by posting on a message board that I bought Riviera. I wonít make the mistake of sharing any more decisions on what we buy or more likely sell on message boards anymore. If you think itís a resort that you and your family would enjoy, then you shouldnít feel bad about buying there. Itís your money and your decision. There are pros and cons to every decision. After youíve given it some thought, just make the decision that feels right for you.
I don't usually think it's true when people say others are jealous when they are rude or judgmental, but I kinda think it's true here. I don't want to love Riviera because I'd love it more if no one bought it just to show Disney we don't agree with the resale restrictions, but then I wouldn't get to own at Riviera and get to enjoy those bathrooms or the views or the Skyliner.

If we don't buy due to finances or because I just can't get past the restrictions, I will definitely be jealous of you... I think the only way to make this fair is if you promise to post very detailed trip reports so I can live vicariously through you. Kidding, well kind of. Congrats!

Also, the possibility of the price going up June 1 is making me feel as though I should purchase before then. Fie, Disney, fie. I can see you will probably have my money regardless of how hard I resist.
Summerw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 10:31 PM   #107
heathpack
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
I think how someone spends money is a very personal decision. What may be right for one person may be wrong for another. As I’ve told a few already, I wish I would’ve kept my decision to buy Riviera to myself. The amount of negative things people have said is unbelievable to me. There have been far more negative comments than positive ones. I do accept that I invited the criticism whether directly or indirectly by posting on a message board that I bought Riviera. I won’t make the mistake of sharing any more decisions on what we buy or more likely sell on message boards anymore. If you think it’s a resort that you and your family would enjoy, then you shouldn’t feel bad about buying there. It’s your money and your decision. There are pros and cons to every decision. After you’ve given it some thought, just make the decision that feels right for you.
I don’t follow everything on MO and I missed your thread.

My guess is that people are so alarmed/disturbed/angry about the Riveria resale restrictions that they want it to be a failure, so DVC won’t continue down that path any further. If everyone can be convinced not to buy, it will be a failure. You buying frustrates that desire.

It’s easy to forget that someone in your shoes is excited to have bought and posts here to share that excitement. It’s the downfall of the internet, people forget good manners- that when someone you know shares good news, you don’t rain on their parade, you put your personal opinions aside and just let the good news be good.

You can discuss your critique of DVCs resale policy in a thread on that subject, or start your own thread to kvetch. So it’s not like good manners prevent intelligent conversation. There is a time and place for everything. A concept that sometimes gets confused on the internet.

So: Congrats on your Riveria purchase! Enjoy it.

Member DVC Hilton Head Island & Villas at Grand Californian
Hyatt Residence Club High Sierra Lodge, Tahoe
Hyatt Residence Club Highlands Inn, Carmel CA
Marriott Vacation Club Barony Beach Resort,Hilton Head
Marriott Vacation Club Mountainside, Park City
Vistana Signature Network Broadway Plantation, Myrtle Beach
heathpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 07:12 AM   #108
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerw View Post
I don't usually think it's true when people say others are jealous when they are rude or judgmental, but I kinda think it's true here. I don't want to love Riviera because I'd love it more if no one bought it just to show Disney we don't agree with the resale restrictions, but then I wouldn't get to own at Riviera and get to enjoy those bathrooms or the views or the Skyliner.

If we don't buy due to finances or because I just can't get past the restrictions, I will definitely be jealous of you... I think the only way to make this fair is if you promise to post very detailed trip reports so I can live vicariously through you. Kidding, well kind of. Congrats!

Also, the possibility of the price going up June 1 is making me feel as though I should purchase before then. Fie, Disney, fie. I can see you will probably have my money regardless of how hard I resist.
I'm not sure you'll have to own at Riviera to stay at Riviera. There are no bungalows/cabins to throw off the point balances, and it's a decently sized resort. I think Tower Studios and Standard Studios (probably all Standard villas) will go fast, but Preferred Studios may be fairly easy to get at 7 months. My bet is that availability will be similar to BLT - you can get in at 7 months, not all views, but each size category should be available.

I've been watching the booking trends - Standard is booking fast, Tower gets booked up pretty dramatically, and there are a lot of sold-out weekends in standard, which makes me think local DVC owners are trying out the new resort.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 07:27 AM   #109
salmoneous
Add-on Aficionado

Oh come on, another price increase? Prices are already sky high, nobody is going to pay these prices.

- me, 2010ish
salmoneous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 09:25 AM   #110
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Seriously.....that is just insane!
BCV, with 2042 expiration, is $225pp direct. Totally insane!

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
DVC trip(s): Sept 27-Oct 6 BWV&SSR / Dec 19-21 AKV GV & Dec 21-28 Vistana / May 9-13, 2020 HHI
Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam & March 8, 2021 Celebrity Reflection
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote