home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-18-2018, 03:50 PM   #21
nicsmom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachclubmum View Post
Our last stay at BLT we had an issue with people entering the room. One day I left $5 for T&T mousekeeping . Came back to no mouse keeping having taken place, but someone's ME luggage had been left in our room. And the $5 was gone.

We have a ring type camera and are planning to set it up in the room from now on. Will be interesting to see what goes on in there when we're out.
Please let us know what you “see” with your camera! Very interesting!
I know we left some items in the safe. Next day, The front desk swore up and down that the couldn’t access the room, couldn’t access the safe as the room was occupied... until they did! Into room and SAFE, and got my items!
nicsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 06:21 PM   #22
beachclubmum
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicsmom View Post
Please let us know what you “see” with your camera! Very interesting!
I know we left some items in the safe. Next day, The front desk swore up and down that the couldn’t access the room, couldn’t access the safe as the room was occupied... until they did! Into room and SAFE, and got my items!
That's funny, because we had a safe issue too. Locked, code keyed in successfully, but the latch wouldn't open. Someone with special equipment finally had to come in and get it open for us. They definitely have ways to access the safes!
beachclubmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:26 PM   #23
dvf_diva
Grand Villa

We stayed 3 days/2 nights at POP -- no knocks except at 8a morning of check-out, after we'd been at Halloween party night before and were exhausted and sleeping in.

Followed by 4 days/3 nights at BWV. No knocks and of the 4 days, they came in once to take out the trash.

Followed by 2 days/1 night at BLT and no knock.

May 2019 BCV/VGF
June 2019 BWV/GF/VGF
Aug 2019 Celebrity Eclipse to Alaska
Oct 2019 Disney Magic DVC Member Cruise -- waitlist
Nov 2019 BLT
Jan 2020 AKL
June 2020 BLT/Disney Fantasy Southern Caribbean
dvf_diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:43 PM   #24
nicsmom
Grand Villa

Pretty RANDOM !
nicsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:15 PM   #25
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom

Well that makes me sad, all the reports of knocks on doors while the sign is up on the door. Why even have a sign.
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:26 PM   #26
awilliams4
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachclubmum View Post
That's funny, because we had a safe issue too. Locked, code keyed in successfully, but the latch wouldn't open. Someone with special equipment finally had to come in and get it open for us. They definitely have ways to access the safes!
About how long did you have to wait for maintenance on something like this? I would hate to discover my keys locked in the safe on check out morning and not be able to get to them.
awilliams4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:45 PM   #27
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by awilliams4 View Post
About how long did you have to wait for maintenance on something like this? I would hate to discover my keys locked in the safe on check out morning and not be able to get to them.
Been there done that. Now I get everything out of the safe the night before. It wasn’t Disney but it did take a while. (At that chain security opens the safe but must be accompanied by another hotel employee to witness);
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:50 PM   #28
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa

I have been strutting around naked at BWV on purpose but so far nobody has barged in. Though every time we go out during the day my trash magically disappears.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:17 PM   #29
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1000monkeys View Post
I have been strutting around naked at BWV on purpose but so far nobody has barged in. Though every time we go out during the day my trash magically disappears.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:37 PM   #30
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Question

We were at bcv this summer two weeks, they knocked every time then entered, before I had a chance to open the door.