home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-17-2018, 06:55 PM   #1
nicsmom
Grand Villa

Default What is the status of mandatory room checks?

Can someone who has visited recently chime in?
What is happening at the resorts with the security room checks?
Are they knocking on doors and waking people up?
Can you give a window for the visit?
Are they coming in every day?

Thanks!
nicsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:00 PM   #2
DVCjj
Grand Villa

Past 2 recent trips, 6 nights each, 2 resorts each, never had a knock.

They came while we were out at the parks and 'magically' the trash cans had been emptied each day.

Both trips were Poly/BWV.
DVCjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:11 PM   #3
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

We had a knock a couple of times, but nothing big. Nothing intrusive and we didn't have a DND sign up either. They were polite and were asked if we wanted trash taken out. We declined and they left.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:13 PM   #4
PirateLinda
Two Bedroom

We were at Kidani last month. They emptied the trash every day, but we were never in the room when they came by.

Upcoming Trips:
7/28-8/1 BWV
9/29-10/2 SSR
10/20-10/27 AKV - Kidani
PirateLinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:23 PM   #5
Boundin'
Grand Villa

I spoke with a CM doing room checks at Pop! last month. They are still doing them there. And believe it or not they have found weapons. Five instances at Pop! alone according to him. Crazy. And much other contraband.

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

Trip reports:
3 Nights Only* Thinly Veiled Excuse* Surf and Turf* Once Upon a Fantasy* NYE 17-18* The Fall of Disney 17* Tale of Two Views 17* Back in the S.S.R. 17* Uni Hard Rock-MNSSHP-HHN 16* Spring Surprise 16* NYE in the World 15-16

Coming up...
7/2019 BWV Merica's Birthday *9/2019 BCV Beer & Wine Festival *10/2019 POP!*12/2019 VGC* 3/2020 RCCL So Carib AoS *4/2020 Spring Break BWV*11/2020 Fantasy Xmas 2xCC

BCV BWV BLT VGC
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:29 PM   #6
disneyteach
Grand Villa

In May, at BLT on the 1st floor, we got several knocks and attempts to enter the room while we had room occupied sign on when we came back for afternoon naps. The sign was off every single time we left the room. I called the front desk and complained after the 2nd time and it happened again. On our last day, I stopped and complained directly to a CM and he excused it away ('we reserve the right to enter the room anytime we want') but also gave us extra fast passes to apologize for the inconvenience since we did call and they still continued to enter.

In August, at BLT, DH & I were on the 16th floor, left the sign on the door whenever we were out and put it on when we came back and did not get a disturbance once.
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:30 PM   #7
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boundin' View Post
I spoke with a CM doing room checks at Pop! last month. They are still doing them there. And believe it or not they have found weapons. Five instances at Pop! alone according to him. Crazy. And much other contraband.
Holy crap! Weapons lying around in the open?
Old 10-17-2018, 08:23 PM   #8
brp
Add-on Aficionado

We kept the LUTFA up for a couple of days straight and got a phone call indicating that, despite that, they may have to come in. After that, we took it down when we were out.

Cheers.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:23 PM   #9
Mass Transit
Grand Villa

We were at CCV last week and left the room each morning after 9AM, but stopped back a few times during the day depending on which park we visited. We never saw a Mousekeeper, but trash was emptied every day.

Mass Transit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 11:15 PM   #10
luaulei321
Add-on Aficionado

I can confirm that they are happening at Aulani regardless of whether or not the sign is up. I lost count of how many of the kidsí naps they walked in on over our 16 nights there last month. They knocked on the door and often opened the door before we got to it. Their actual time in the room wasnít very long. Many of them clearly donít care about looking for anything as they were more than happy to take the garbage when we brought it to the door (while they were emptying the kitchen or bathroom trash cans).

They were always apologetic when they saw the living room was dark during the times that they did come while one or both kids were asleep. On those occasions they asked when they could return to collect the garbage. Everyone who came to the room while we were there was always very friendly.