home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-10-2015, 08:56 AM   #21
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
I appreciate this info also. Never knew about the "Values",,,, could anybody explain why this category was created for AKV? Are they the only Resort with this value category?
Thanks
The Values were converted from Standard AKL Hotel Rooms, while the other DVC Villas in Jambo House were converted from Deluxe AKL Hotel Rooms.

The Values are about 3 feet shorter from the door to the balcony than the other Jambo House Villas.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:20 AM   #22
MMC1
Grand Villa

Thanks... I checked the charts and see the value is a great point saver.
I stayed in a very narrow room at BLT and think it should be classified as a value. It also had a view of tennis courts and those vultures so scary I kept the curtains closed .
All those categories on the DVC Point Charts make it difficult to manipulate saving strategies. You should have kept the AKValues a secret... haha
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:33 AM   #23
Leon O
Two Bedroom

We just came back from 10 nights in a Value 2BR. We got lucky and had a Savanna view. We enjoyed that it was relatively close to the elevator. While the Value rooms are a great deal, the 7 of us missed the space that is available at in a Kidani 2BR. With 2 17 yo girls we especially missed the 3rd bathroom.

My observations regarding space. We had a cot in the living room and it was very tight. We did not pull out the sofa. In the master BR, the door could barely open/close without brushing against the bed. And, in the studio bathroom, I practically had to straddle the toilet to close the door. It may have felt tighter if we had pool/parking lot view, because we spent a lot of time on the balcony watching the animals.

While we greatly prefer the space in the Kidani rooms, we enjoyed having a couple extra days in the value rooms.
Leon O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:59 AM   #24
TFeldy26
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

What is the size of the bed in the Value Studio? Looks smaller than a queen, but just going based on the pics.
TFeldy26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:20 AM   #25
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFeldy26 View Post
What is the size of the bed in the Value Studio? Looks smaller than a queen, but just going based on the pics.
All studios have a queen size bed (OKW has 2 queens in studios). The sleeper sofa is a double (only PVB & VGF studios have a queen sleeper sofa).
Old 08-10-2015, 10:59 AM   #26
TFeldy26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
All studios have a queen size bed (OKW has 2 queens in studios). The sleeper sofa is a double (only PVB & VGF studios have a queen sleeper sofa).
Thanks! Hope to snag one of these someday. I know it will be hard since we don't own at AKL.
TFeldy26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 09:13 AM   #27
JSDS
Two Bedroom

We stayed in a Kidani value room in March. We enjoyed our stay, but we enjoy a savannah view room more. YMMV.

'69 - '06: Disneyland
'10 - present: liv'n in the world
JSDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 09:43 AM   #28
rlduvall

I absolutely love the AKV value studios and have stayed in them often. I have never gotten a savannah view, but some of the pool views are outstanding. This December I was finally assigned one of the parking lots views. I was so disappointed and threw a mini temper tantrum in my room while alone, but honestly there were alot of trees in front of the balcony softening the parking view. It wasn't bad at all.
rlduvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 10:11 AM   #29
RockinRobyn
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSDS View Post
We stayed in a Kidani value room in March. We enjoyed our stay, but we enjoy a savannah view room more. YMMV.
There are no value rooms in kidani
RockinRobyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 10:16 AM   #30
JSDS
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinRobyn View Post
There are no value rooms in kidani
Hmmm... must have been a "standard" room; view of the backside of the valet parking hutch. Not impressed!

'69 - '06: Disneyland
'10 - present: liv'n in the world
JSDS is offline   Reply With Quote