home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-09-2015, 10:59 PM   #11
WiggleWorm
Studio

Love value rooms at AKV. Yes they are a bit smaller, but the amount of points you save definitely makes up for it. For our family, they are plenty big. Have stayed in one and two bedrooms. Always been near the elevators near the lobby on the fifth floor with a pool view and always lock offs. For the first time we will be staying at Kidani for our next trip because, despite my attempt ASAP at 11 months, all the value rooms were taken. We were on the wait list for a while, but it never came thru and we just decided after a few months to get off the wait list and try out Kidani. Since there are so few value rooms, they are definitely hard to get. Good luck!
WiggleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 11:24 PM   #12
MickeyMcButterPants
One Bedroom

Thank you Goofy Girl.
MickeyMcButterPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 12:11 AM   #13
Jillt2ph
One Bedroom

I have both a value studio and a savanna view studio for 11/27. Only at Jambo for the one night. I was going to keep the savanna view, but this thread is making me reconsider! If it wasn't for bad luck, I would have no luck, so if I keep the savanna view I will likely be at the very end of the hall

Member since 2010
Jillt2ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 12:13 AM   #14
Cowcio
Studio

We are trying out a value 2 bedroom next month during a split stay. While we won't be using these often, the value category may prove to be helpful in allowing us to bring family with us more often on future trips.

Thanks for asking these questions!
Cowcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 12:31 AM   #15
OttawaWendy
DVC Board Guide

For almost anyone, the value one and two bedrooms will be plenty big enough for you. We've stayed in a value one bedroom and loved it. I think the smaller size of the studio wouldn't matter for a couple, but I could see it being a problem if you are a family that stays in studios.

OttawaBoy's birth announcement and hospital support thread - good to read if you need a cry
OttawaWendy's views on "buy where you want to stay" versus "buy where it's cheapest"
Previous trip reports:
December 2009 - AKV and SSR; March 2010 - HHI; December 2010 - Kidani; January 2013 - Boardwalk Villa (OB = 19 months); November 2013 - AKL (OB = 31 months)
OttawaWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:39 AM   #16
RockinRobyn
One Bedroom

There is 1 HA value room.
RockinRobyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:34 AM   #17
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

We stayed in a value studio and loved it. Got a pool view (and no, you cannot put in any view requests for values) which is very tropical with all the foliage. What was great about it was the hallway staircase leads out to the door that is just around the corner to the bus stop. Very convenient. We did not notice the size reduction whatsoever. Feels like a normal studio.
WDWGoof is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:48 AM   #18
MMC1
Grand Villa

I appreciate this info also. Never knew about the "Values",,,, could anybody explain why this category was created for AKV? Are they the only Resort with this value category?
Thanks
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:23 AM   #19
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Stayed in Value last yr , but was only me so did not needed all the space. They are small for four but good enough for less people.

Here is the link for my pics

http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=98193

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:34 AM   #20
TiggerTail
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Feeling so lucky I snagged a 2 night value studio recently for September with my SSR points. I'm now building the rest of my 5 night around this find. Traveling solo this time, so the room coziness isn't an issue.
TiggerTail is offline   Reply With Quote