home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-26-2019, 10:01 AM   #111
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I'm not sure you'll have to own at Riviera to stay at Riviera. There are no bungalows/cabins to throw off the point balances, and it's a decently sized resort. I think Tower Studios and Standard Studios (probably all Standard villas) will go fast, but Preferred Studios may be fairly easy to get at 7 months. My bet is that availability will be similar to BLT - you can get in at 7 months, not all views, but each size category should be available.

I've been watching the booking trends - Standard is booking fast, Tower gets booked up pretty dramatically, and there are a lot of sold-out weekends in standard, which makes me think local DVC owners are trying out the new resort.

Dirk
Old 05-26-2019, 10:13 AM   #112
Jawfish
One Bedroom

I think the reason they keep the direct prices so high on the existing resorts ($200-280pp) is so the current selling resort price looks low ($188pp). They don't really care if they sell the old stuff as they have to ROFR to get those - they would much rather sell the current DVC (currently Auluani, CCV and RR).

1971 Offsite
1987 Offsite
1995 Offsite
1999 Offsite
2010 Fort Wilderness
2012 Fort Wilderness
2014 DAAR (May)
2015 Became DVC Owners
2015 PVB (Oct - 1st DVC Trip)
2016 PVB (May - Honeymoon)
2017 BLT (May)
2017 AK / PVB (Nov)
2018 PVB (Sep)
2018 Offsite (Dec)
2019 Offsite (May)

2019 PVB (Sep)
2019 PVB (Dec)
2020 PVB (May)
Jawfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 10:33 AM   #113
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerw View Post
I don't usually think it's true when people say others are jealous when they are rude or judgmental, but I kinda think it's true here. I don't want to love Riviera because I'd love it more if no one bought it just to show Disney we don't agree with the resale restrictions, but then I wouldn't get to own at Riviera and get to enjoy those bathrooms or the views or the Skyliner.

If we don't buy due to finances or because I just can't get past the restrictions, I will definitely be jealous of you... I think the only way to make this fair is if you promise to post very detailed trip reports so I can live vicariously through you. Kidding, well kind of. Congrats!

Also, the possibility of the price going up June 1 is making me feel as though I should purchase before then. Fie, Disney, fie. I can see you will probably have my money regardless of how hard I resist.
Thank you! I will be interested to see what happens on June 1st to the price. I wouldnít be surprised if they just lower incentives which effectively raises the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathpack View Post
I donít follow everything on MO and I missed your thread.

My guess is that people are so alarmed/disturbed/angry about the Riveria resale restrictions that they want it to be a failure, so DVC wonít continue down that path any further. If everyone can be convinced not to buy, it will be a failure. You buying frustrates that desire.

Itís easy to forget that someone in your shoes is excited to have bought and posts here to share that excitement. Itís the downfall of the internet, people forget good manners- that when someone you know shares good news, you donít rain on their parade, you put your personal opinions aside and just let the good news be good.

You can discuss your critique of DVCs resale policy in a thread on that subject, or start your own thread to kvetch. So itís not like good manners prevent intelligent conversation. There is a time and place for everything. A concept that sometimes gets confused on the internet.

So: Congrats on your Riveria purchase! Enjoy it.
Thank you! I agree that a lot of times people think just because theyíre on the internet that manners donít matter. What can you do?
Old 05-26-2019, 11:01 AM   #114
DrewDrew
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I think an incentive decrease for DRR is likely come June 1st. I can't see them raising the hard set ppp for DRR this early into sales. Normally guides get some heads up about hard ppp increases with a week or less notice. Has anybody talked to their guide lately? I personally dislike my guide and dont trust him so I havent asked about a hard ppp increase.
DrewDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 04:13 PM   #115
Summerw

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I'm not sure you'll have to own at Riviera to stay at Riviera. There are no bungalows/cabins to throw off the point balances, and it's a decently sized resort. I think Tower Studios and Standard Studios (probably all Standard villas) will go fast, but Preferred Studios may be fairly easy to get at 7 months. My bet is that availability will be similar to BLT - you can get in at 7 months, not all views, but each size category should be available.

I've been watching the booking trends - Standard is booking fast, Tower gets booked up pretty dramatically, and there are a lot of sold-out weekends in standard, which makes me think local DVC owners are trying out the new resort.

Dirk
I think that's probably true, but the other place I'd want to own is Polynesian and I can't imagine buying that direct to be able to stay at Riviera. I just can't get excited about any of the other resorts that are reasonably priced direct. I feel like there's just not a solution I'm in love with. Same goes for finding out I can't get 2019 points if I pick a Feb use year which was my preference. They're not making this simple.
Summerw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 05:00 PM   #116
Jawfish
One Bedroom

Quote:
I think that's probably true, but the other place I'd want to own is Polynesian and I can't imagine buying that direct to be able to stay at Riviera. I just can't get excited about any of the other resorts that are reasonably priced direct. I feel like there's just not a solution I'm in love with. Same goes for finding out I can't get 2019 points if I pick a Feb use year which was my preference. They're not making this simple.
Why do you think you should buy direct? You can get Poly resale right now for $145 - 155 PP. Did not know if you wanted a blue card.

1971 Offsite
1987 Offsite
1995 Offsite
1999 Offsite
2010 Fort Wilderness
2012 Fort Wilderness
2014 DAAR (May)
2015 Became DVC Owners
2017 BLT (May)
2017 AK / PVB (Nov)
2018 PVB (Sep)
2018 Offsite (Dec)
2019 Offsite (May)

2019 PVB (Sep)
2019 PVB (Dec)
2020 PVB (May)
Old 05-26-2019, 05:43 PM   #117
Summerw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawfish View Post
Why do you think you should buy direct? You can get Poly resale right now for $145 - 155 PP. Did not know if you wanted a blue card.
To be able to stay at the Riviera. DS and DH are in love with the video and room tour. I would probably only buy resale if not for that, but we are planning to go May 2020 so direct is our only current option to stay there. And the Poly is the only resort besides Riviera I think I'd want to buy.
Summerw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 05:49 PM   #118
Jawfish
One Bedroom

Quote:
To be able to stay at the Riviera. DS and DH are in love with the video and room tour. I would probably only buy resale if not for that, but we are planning to go May 2020 so direct is our only current option to stay there. And the Poly is the only resort besides Riviera I think I'd want to buy.
Ah ok, understand. As they say, buy where you want to stay. I think we will be able to get into Riviera if not looking for value or standard studios. But if you want those room types, 100% think to assure you get a room, you will need to buy direct.

We have 2 Poly contracts (one direct / one resale) and simply love us some PVB. The only time we have not been able to get what we want is booking late this year for Dec (think SW:GE). We booked in April and could only get 5 days the week before Christmas. We could have wait listed but decided to just take what was available and call it a day.

However, we have booked last minute at PVB (2 months out) and been able to get a full week. Again, you must love studios - that is all they have! But we do, so it works out well.

Good luck on your decision, it will not be easy!!

1971 Offsite
1987 Offsite
1995 Offsite
1999 Offsite
2010 Fort Wilderness
2012 Fort Wilderness
2014 DAAR (May)
2015 Became DVC Owners
2017 BLT (May)
2017 AK / PVB (Nov)
2018 PVB (Sep)
2018 Offsite (Dec)
2019 Offsite (May)

2019 PVB (Sep)
2019 PVB (Dec)
2020 PVB (May)
Old 06-01-2019, 05:09 PM   #119
TexasChick
Grand Villa

I havenít seen anyone report a price change on the other direct resorts except for CCV. It seems that this rumor was just a rumor with regards to the other resorts. The incentives for RIV did go down though which is a price increase without increasing the ppp if you were planning on buying a certain amount. Here is a link to the new RIV incentives:

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go...rchase-offers/
Old 06-01-2019, 05:45 PM   #120
kaedeesmom
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
I havenít seen anyone report a price change on the other direct resorts except for CCV. It seems that this rumor was just a rumor with regards to the other resorts. The incentives for RIV did go down though which is a price increase without increasing the ppp if you were planning on buying a certain amount. Here is a link to the new RIV incentives:

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go...rchase-offers/
Thanks for the update! I've been wondering about this.