home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-23-2022, 02:19 PM   #11
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
Boats are running from OKW to the Market Place dock near Saratoga Springs. The Landing dock is not open. I was told this was so everyone can go through security
Do people arriving by buses from on site resorts now go through security? When I stayed at BCV a few months ago, I didn't go through security. Is this a recent change?
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 02:48 PM   #12
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Boats are running from OKW to the Market Place dock near Saratoga Springs. The Landing dock is not open. I was told this was so everyone can go through security
There was no security check by the dock when coming or going. I mean they had security people standing nearby, but no security was done.

I think they just haven't been able to open the older routes. Which is silly because boating from SSR to Marketplace is almost a waste.
Old 05-23-2022, 03:01 PM   #13
FessParker1
Grand Villa

When you went to DS from the dock there was security scanners to go through. Not sure about the bus area and don't know if the garage went throuh the same entrance.
Old 05-23-2022, 03:06 PM   #14
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
When you went to DS from the dock there was security scanners to go through. Not sure about the bus area and don't know if the garage went throuh the same entrance.
Huh, no security was there a couple months ago. Was that just added? Also zero security walking from SSR. Unless that too has changed. Wouldn't be too hard to get that internal boat going IMO. They're just giving a half excuse to me. Having a boat go from SSR to marketplace is just plain silly.

Been too long since I bused to DS - not since Nov and only once (drove the rest) to remember.
Old 05-23-2022, 03:07 PM   #15
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
The orange and lime garages and surface parking all have scanners for security at Springs.

The last I knew, the bus stops from the resorts do not have security when arriving to Springs. Someone else posted that there is not security for bus arrivals.

We normally drive to Springs even when we stay on property. Back in the day, the route from AKV was very long so we stopped taking a bus. I think they share with the water parks too.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 05:04 PM   #16
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Huh, no security was there a couple months ago. Was that just added? Also zero security walking from SSR. Unless that too has changed. Wouldn't be too hard to get that internal boat going IMO. They're just giving a half excuse to me. Having a boat go from SSR to marketplace is just plain silly.

Been too long since I bused to DS - not since Nov and only once (drove the rest) to remember.
This was first week of May. And not too happy the landing dock isn't open. We always go to the House of Blues and that's not a short walk after walking in the park all day. I'm getting to old for all this.
Old 05-23-2022, 05:49 PM   #17
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
This was first week of May. And not too happy the landing dock isn't open. We always go to the House of Blues and that's not a short walk after walking in the park all day. I'm getting to old for all this.
So they did... huh... and now that I'm thinking about it, it wasn't spring break that I went there. Oops... probably was November. I meant to over break, but we had threats of some nasty thunderstorms and resort hopped instead. I remember in November I went down to look to see if they were running internal taxis yet, but no go. I just kept walking myself.

They really need to get them running again. I want to be able to send my kid to DS for food and know he won't have to hoof it too on a super hot summer day.
Old 05-24-2022, 05:11 PM   #18
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

So if you're staying at OKW or SSR, and take the boat to DS, you'll go thru security, but if you want to avoid security, just take the bus? Sounds like there might be a problem with their security procedure.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 05:19 PM   #19
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
So if you're staying at OKW or SSR, and take the boat to DS, you'll go thru security, but if you want to avoid security, just take the bus? Sounds like there might be a problem with their security procedure.
Or lack of
Old 05-24-2022, 05:50 PM   #20
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
Clearly they are looking out for river pirates.

And as we know, river pirates never take the bus!