home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-10-2022, 11:38 PM   #1
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Default Disney springs boats/busses

So I've seen it said that transportation(boats) to DS from Old Key West are paid for by DS merchants. Also that that's why dues are high there because we pay for it. If DS merchants pay for transportation to DS shouldn't Disney ɓe paying for our transportation to the parks? After all isn't the only thing we signed up for was gauranteed rooms?
Old 02-11-2022, 07:49 AM   #2
Nickys
Grand Villa

I don’t know whether the DS merchants pay the full cost of the boats or not. But I assume at some point their association decided it was worthwhile to contribute towards it. It’s entirely possible that OKW, SSR and Port Orleans resorts also contribute.

But you signed up to a timeshare ownership. Transportation to the parks is one of the costs that are covered by dues, and I assume that is covered somewhere ( as in “…. a proportion of transportation costs as determined ……”). Again, whether that is the full cost or not I don’t know but I doubt it - for the very reason you mention. That transport to the parks is not guaranteed. So if Disney decided to make resorts pay the full cost of buses, either the OKW and SSR dues would have to increase or they could decrease and there would be no buses at all. I doubt that would happen, since it’s in Disney’s interest to provide transport - especially since they own 3% of the points at those resorts.

The issue for OKW and SSR is that there is no nearby regular Disney resort to share transportation costs with. So the dues will have to cover the agreed proportion of the transportation costs, whether that is 50%, 75% or any other figure.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 11:56 AM   #3
Ron Bleier
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Another question about boats and the bus

We are returning to Disney World for the first time in four years this June. Between Covid and high school graduations it has been tough to get away. Saying that, we have a tradition of taking one day where we leave a park early in the afternoon and head to Ghirardelli's for an ice cream lunch and then returning to Boardwalk for a quiet afternoon at the pool.

Here are my questions:

If we took the bus from the park to Old Key West are the boats still running to Disney Springs? If so, do they still stop at the West Side and Marketplace?

At Disney Springs, is there still a bus stop behind the Christmas Store where we can catch a bus to Boardwalk or do we need to go to the loop behind Town Center?

Of course, is Ghirardelli's open?
Ron Bleier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 12:23 PM   #4
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Bleier View Post
We are returning to Disney World for the first time in four years this June. Between Covid and high school graduations it has been tough to get away. Saying that, we have a tradition of taking one day where we leave a park early in the afternoon and head to Ghirardelli's for an ice cream lunch and then returning to Boardwalk for a quiet afternoon at the pool.

Here are my questions:

If we took the bus from the park to Old Key West are the boats still running to Disney Springs? If so, do they still stop at the West Side and Marketplace?

At Disney Springs, is there still a bus stop behind the Christmas Store where we can catch a bus to Boardwalk or do we need to go to the loop behind Town Center?

Of course, is Ghirardelli's open?
Ghirardelli’s is open.

Town center is where the bus stops are now. There is not one behind the Christmas store. You can get here through the middle entrance between the stores (Town Center) or next to orange garage. We didn’t know that and walked all the way back to the “middle entrance” between the stores.

I cannot answer about the boats.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 12:39 PM   #5
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Bleier View Post
The boats between the resorts and Disney Springs are running. They all dock at the Marketplace only.

The internal water taxis at Disney Springs are not running at this time.
Old 05-23-2022, 12:40 PM   #6
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Boats are running from OKW to the Market Place dock near Saratoga Springs. The Landing dock is not open. I was told this was so everyone can go through security
Old 05-23-2022, 12:46 PM   #7
LauraLea
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
Boats are running from OKW to the Market Place dock near Saratoga Springs. The Landing dock is not open. I was told this was so everyone can go through security
We went to DS from BWV via bus last Monday. It was so odd. We went thru no security at all. There was no security equipment in sight. Have they stopped security checks at DS?

Laura
LauraLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 12:59 PM   #8
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLea View Post
We went to DS from BWV via bus last Monday. It was so odd. We went thru no security at all. There was no security equipment in sight. Have they stopped security checks at DS?

Laura
This is a massive hole in the security at Springs.
They check in the garages and surface parking.
Old 05-23-2022, 01:18 PM   #9
LauraLea
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
This is a massive hole in the security at Springs.
They check in the garages and surface parking.
I guess they think Disney resort people are more trustworthy than the riff raff coming in their cars. I wish they would give SSR guests the same consideration. We have to walk all the way over to AMC to use security to enter. Very frustrating.

Laura
LauraLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 01:38 PM   #10
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLea View Post
I guess they think Disney resort people are more trustworthy than the riff raff coming in their cars. I wish they would give SSR guests the same consideration. We have to walk all the way over to AMC to use security to enter. Very frustrating.

Laura
I am the riff raff.

This riff raff can make dining at any resort and enter Springs by bus anytime I want.

Like I said, huge hole in their security.