home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-04-2022, 02:13 PM   #331
beansprout
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
A few of their bigs shots are Jennifer Garner, Tom Wopat, and Kim Zimmer.
This theater has a fancy restaurant across the driveway but Iíve never tried it. The menu looks good. They also treat the balcony box patrons to fancy refreshments during intermission but we were slumming it with a front row balcony seat. I heard ladies in the rest room discuss stars they saw performing here many years ago. Betty White and Alan Ludden. Sadly today the theater is looking itís age but the talent is great. They could definitely upgrade the curtain, seats and carpets. No sound system either, just loud actors 😆
beansprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 06:51 PM   #332
beansprout
Add-on Aficionado

OMG! Itís National donut day! Happy NDD Dan!!!! I missed my chance to drive thru and get a free donut with coffee! Iím too full from my re-heated leftovers to go now.
beansprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 09:52 AM   #333
Grandbuddy
Grand Villa

Default Drive-by

Quote:
Most of the regulars aren’t regular anymore. Brian might have a better idea in terms of numbers but I would guess there were as many as 15-20 regular posters here in this threads heyday. By regular posters I mean someone who would post at least once a week.
I would occasionally give a shout out to as many as I could recall…..

Sorry. I really regret being irregular. I am one of those more invested in Facebook., I fear. We basically crashed for a week after returning from Europe, but I've been trying to catch up on my day-by-day reporting of our trip since then.

Patty, I don't know if it will work, but here is the link to my profile page on Facebook. Maybe it will let you in, if you go directly there. Worth a try.

https://www.facebook.com/jerry.duncan.31/

Good morning Janet, Tammy, Kristin, kristen, Karl, Peter, Paul and Mary, Jen, dorene, sue, John, Amy, Jerry, Hamilton, joe, frank and Reynolds, Dave, Pam, Brian, Jason, mike, Nancy, bob, Julie, Huey, duey, and Louis, Tom, Norma, hope, Kelly, Marty, and of course Patty.
Good morning to all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reblzmom View Post
I miss all the old chatting too! And I am not on Facebook so I am out of that loop too. I check in often.
To be fair, I had come back...but we went through a period where posts were so rare that there was little to follow. Maybe it's me. I come back, and the thread dies.

Quote:
I’d like to say chocolate doughnuts are on my holiday plans but no.
Lo siento mucho, amigo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Very nice on the family, ugh on the outside work.

Bourbon always a good choice. I’ve often found wine can give me a headache, whereas other alcohol I haven’t had such issues.
Bourbon is my choice, as well. I've only needed for Patty to make certain I got back to my door once in my whole life.

Quote:
Enjoying a taste of Larceny bourbon tonight.
Haven't seen that one. Sounds expensive. Is it good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansprout View Post
Went to a matinee summer theater production today. The very first time we went to Lakewood theater was the summer of ‘75. An almost unknown actor, John Travoltra, was playing in Bus Stop. Today the theater by the lake in the middle of nowhere is starting it’s 121st summer of shows. We enjoyed DRINKING HABITS, nuns who bottle wine to keep the convent alive. Thought of Dave. It was a very funny grape squishing story
Fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
Spent Memorial Day weekend at WDW. Considering the abysmal hot weather here in the NE, it was a good decision. We FINALLY enjoyed Baseline as it was the first time we were at HS that Disney wasn't enforcing a line. This was also our first completely mask-less visit... and I admit, it felt odd (that naked feeling again) but I enjoyed it (even if I felt a bit like an exhibitionist)!
Also fun. Gotta be brutal, if New England is hotter than Orlando.

We have our two youngest grandchildren for the weekend (until tomorrow). About to go and check them in for the Nick Saban Youth Football Camp. God bless everybody.

Last edited by Grandbuddy; 06-06-2022 at 11:18 AM.
Grandbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 09:57 AM   #334
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

For G&G I accessed my former work site to check out the department changes and I noticed they resumed FT masking. Geez, when is this virus gonna fade into a flu vibe? I loved going to Europe and WDW unmasked.
Old 06-06-2022, 08:48 PM   #335
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandbuddy View Post
Good morning to all.

To be fair, I had come back...but we went through a period where posts were so rare that there was little to follow. Maybe it's me. I come back, and the thread dies.

Lo siento mucho, amigo.

Bourbon is my choice, as well. I've only needed for Patty to make certain I got back to my door once in my whole life.

Haven't seen that one. Sounds expensive. Is it good?

Fun!

Also fun. Gotta be brutal, if New England is hotter than Orlando.

We have our two youngest grandchildren for the weekend (until tomorrow). About to go and check them in for the Nick Saban Youth Football Camp. God bless everybody.

Hi Jerry! Hope the boys enjoyed the football camp. Saban ready to sign them yet?
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 08:49 PM   #336
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
For G&G I accessed my former work site to check out the department changes and I noticed they resumed FT masking. Geez, when is this virus gonna fade into a flu vibe? I loved going to Europe and WDW unmasked.

Good question. I for one will never wear one again unless required with penalty for noncomplianceÖ
Old 06-06-2022, 09:28 PM   #337
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Good question. I for one will never wear one again unless required with penalty for noncomplianceÖ
Iím done too. When I reacted to mold (allergy wise) while wearing one, that concluded to meÖif a mold spore can get through, viruses certainly can. Wonít participate this next time around.
Old 06-07-2022, 08:21 PM   #338
reblzmom
Grand Villa

Jerry - you know we get by with a little help from our friends... (Beatles; 60's; England).

I need to sign in for your Facebook link. I might just have to do this - just like I finally had to get my own MDE account.

Sounds like a fun time with the grandchildren.
Rainy day here today. I thought I had timed it right and just as I was taking shrimp off the grill the sky opened and I got drenched. But the shrimp were good so no worries.
Old 06-08-2022, 01:31 AM   #339
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by reblzmom View Post
Jerry - you know we get by with a little help from our friends... (Beatles; 60's; England).

I need to sign in for your Facebook link. I might just have to do this - just like I finally had to get my own MDE account.

Sounds like a fun time with the grandchildren.
Rainy day here today. I thought I had timed it right and just as I was taking shrimp off the grill the sky opened and I got drenched. But the shrimp were good so no worries.

Itís as if the shrimp are used to waterÖ. Ha. Glad you enjoyed.
Old 06-08-2022, 08:48 AM   #340
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

My hairdresser was talking about trying to organize a Disney trip. I was telling her about FP being replaced with purchasing Genie+ and for a family a 5 that would be an extra $45/pd on top of the $150 park ticket. We were talking about all the planning she would need to do. I got tired just listening to myself. She said her dad offered to help with the cost of the trip and I encouraged her to take him up on her offer. Geez-o-man is that gonna be a lot of planning and cost for her young family.

So any way being curious I hopped on the Disney site and priced out a vacation for a family of 5 with 3 kids under 10. $4K and that was selecting on property as inexpensive I could go with the extra kid