home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-08-2022, 09:03 AM   #1911
bubster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
Thanks! I figured it was probably this reason.

I've been checking the availability. Do you think if the dates become available it would let me rebook or do I actually have to cancel?
I would never attempt to do this online. If you see availability call MS, they have the ability to hold your existing reservation while switching the points for you. I could be wrong but I think that if you click on the the availability the system will hold it for you to give you time to call. Hope your hold time is short.
Old 08-08-2022, 09:28 AM   #1912
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
Thanks! I figured it was probably this reason.

I've been checking the availability. Do you think if the dates become available it would let me rebook or do I actually have to cancel?
If the dates become available you can modify you reservation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubster View Post
I would never attempt to do this online. If you see availability call MS, they have the ability to hold your existing reservation while switching the points for you. I could be wrong but I think that if you click on the the availability the system will hold it for you to give you time to call. Hope your hold time is short.
To me this is bad advice. Do not call and risk losing the room. MS always says book online if you see it because they cannot do anything special. The online booking doesn't hold long enough to risk this. It holds long enough to finish the booking and not meant for MS wait times.
Old 08-08-2022, 09:37 AM   #1913
bubster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
If the dates become available you can modify you reservation

To me this is bad advice. Do not call and risk losing the room. MS always says book online if you see it because they cannot do anything special. The online booking doesn't hold long enough to risk this. It holds long enough to finish the booking and not meant for MS wait times.
I certainly do not want to give bad advice but have heard horror stories about people attempting to do this on their own and losing both reservations. I am not tech savvy so have no real experience in doing this. I call MS.
Old 08-08-2022, 11:07 AM   #1914
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubster View Post
I certainly do not want to give bad advice but have heard horror stories about people attempting to do this on their own and losing both reservations. I am not tech savvy so have no real experience in doing this. I call MS.
You cannot lose both reservations modifying. Those who lost the reservations canceled and attempted to rebook - either not knowing about modifying or they did it prior to the addition of that option. Since they added the modifying option, this doesn't happen any longer.
Old 08-09-2022, 09:52 AM   #1915
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

Thank you all who helped us come to our decision.

Our March '23 vacation is a cruise sandwich. Originally it was 2N BC-cruise-2N BC. With the helpful info from MO's we decided to modify the first half and now we're sticking with 2N PVB-cruise-2N BC. This will give us some BC points towards Fall '23 for the F&W so we can attend, when it's not so HOT!, and without excessive borrowing.

DH is telling me to stop playing around but I have to admit I'm tempted to do the Rivera instead of PVB. Geez, it's like I can't stop. LOL
Old 08-09-2022, 03:24 PM   #1916
M1Thumb
Studio

Here's my dumb question. Is there a general Aulani discussion thread somewhere on this forum where I could post general questions and ask about experiences there?
M1Thumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 04:37 PM   #1917
Sephorin
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Thumb View Post
Here's my dumb question. Is there a general Aulani discussion thread somewhere on this forum where I could post general questions and ask about experiences there?
Hmm. Not that I know of. I would just ask on this thread. Many of us have been to Aulani, although my experience may not be helpful because I have not been there since all of the Covid stuff. I'm sure many things have changed.
Sephorin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 11:24 PM   #1918
Sephorin
Grand Villa

This might be a very stupid question, but I feel like an amateur in this area.

I have gone to Walt Disney World many times with my daughter, and I have also gone with my daughter and other adults. This December I will go with my daughter and her friend (and the friend's parents and sibling).

It could easily happen that I go into the parks with my daughter and her friend. My daughter is five years old. Her friend is eight years old.

Let's say the three of us go to 7 Dwarfs Mine Train or Spaceship Earth or Slinky Dog Dash. The three of us cannot ride together. How does this work? Can I send them in a Spaceship Earth car by themselves with me riding in a separate vehicle behind them? Or do we need to have an adult riding in the car with each young person?

I am really looking forward to this trip, but I want to avoid disappointment for the two youngest folks. I would appreciate all tips and advice related to this situation.
Sephorin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 08:28 AM   #1919
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephorin View Post
This might be a very stupid question, but I feel like an amateur in this area.

I have gone to Walt Disney World many times with my daughter, and I have also gone with my daughter and other adults. This December I will go with my daughter and her friend (and the friend's parents and sibling).

It could easily happen that I go into the parks with my daughter and her friend. My daughter is five years old. Her friend is eight years old.

Let's say the three of us go to 7 Dwarfs Mine Train or Spaceship Earth or Slinky Dog Dash. The three of us cannot ride together. How does this work? Can I send them in a Spaceship Earth car by themselves with me riding in a separate vehicle behind them? Or do we need to have an adult riding in the car with each young person?

I am really looking forward to this trip, but I want to avoid disappointment for the two youngest folks. I would appreciate all tips and advice related to this situation.
7 year olds can ride alone without an adult as an FYI. You'll be fine and CMs will help you figure out each configuration
Old 08-10-2022, 08:39 AM   #1920
melk
Grand Villa

Okay, hereís my stupid question. Weíre going the first week in November and I canít seem to find which water park will be open. The hours arenít up on the WDW website yet and I know one of them closes. Thank you!
melk is offline   Reply With Quote