home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-07-2022, 11:45 AM   #21
DMKEDM
Two Bedroom

My two single night reservations were (finally--took 24 days) merged just yesterday into one two-night reservation. It used to be showing as two single reservations, w/two separate reservation numbers. Now it shows on my dashboard as just one two-night reservation...don't know if it's a new reservation number or not, as I didn't keep a record of the "old" numbers so can't compare. But it now shows on my dashboard as one reservation...I also got an email yesterday. So you will be able to tell when it's done...hope it takes the 7-10 days they told you it would take rather than the 24 days it took them to do mine!
DMKEDM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 12:25 AM   #22
pirate431
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
I recently called to ask about merging 3 waitlist nights that had come thru at different times and was told it could take 7 - 10 days. Since the confirmation numbers do not change, how can you tell that they have actually merged the reservation?
As prior poster said, you will get the standard “we can’t wait to welcome you home” email confirming the new, combined reservation. It will have one of the reservation numbers of your existing reservations.

Of course, this is the same way one learns that a waitlist was cleared. When I received the first notice of a merged reservation, I got excited that I had cleared a waitlist! Alas, no, but it cleared about a week later. Now I’m waiting for that extra night to be added onto the merged ressie….
pirate431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 06:27 PM   #23
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Smile So about 3 weeks

I finally got my ressies merged.

It took me about 3 weeks.

Just a heads up, Goldi

Find me in the unofficial DVC Rental List:
http://bit.ly/SawickipediasDVCRentalList

Home Resorts: AKV+BCV+BLT+RIV+VGF+OKW+SSR+VBR
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 04:09 PM   #24
richviii
Two Bedroom

I was only nearly a one hour call to get my APs renewed this morning and some point the kind rep came back on and said, do you want me to put in a ticket to get your reservations merged? And I was like, I already put in a ticket, can you not see it. She didn't answer me. I was a little surprised that was not noted on my account.

Recent
2021 Dec BCV/BLT, Oct - 50th at BLT, March - BCV, Jan - BCV - COVID Cancelled
2020 Dec - COVID Cancelled - Oct - BCV/DRR, May - DCL and DRR - COVID Cancelled 2019 Jan - AKV, Apr - HHI, Apr - CCV, BCV, May - Off-Site, Jun Poly, Nov BLT 2018 Jan - Swan & Dolphin, Apr - BCV, July - Disneyland, Sept - BLT, Nov - Swan & Dolphin, BLT 2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani, Dec - BWV & BLT 2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 06:53 PM   #25
aGoofyDad
Studio

Angry

Called this afternoon to check on the merging of the reservations that I had requested 3 weeks ago. I'm checking in this Thursday. I was on hold an hour, CM came back saying they were having issues merging them. They would call me when they had it done. That was 4 hours ago. I just looked at DVC website.... one of those nights gone, points in holding... no room at the INN for me... SERIOUSLY DISNEY!!! WTF... Back on hold. Hoping they can fix their screw up. There's NO ROOMS.. Now what?
aGoofyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 07:35 PM   #26
Sephorin
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by aGoofyDad View Post
Called this afternoon to check on the merging of the reservations that I had requested 3 weeks ago. I'm checking in this Thursday. I was on hold an hour, CM came back saying they were having issues merging them. They would call me when they had it done. That was 4 hours ago. I just looked at DVC website.... one of those nights gone, points in holding... no room at the INN for me... SERIOUSLY DISNEY!!! WTF... Back on hold. Hoping they can fix their screw up. There's NO ROOMS.. Now what?
Yipes. That is rough. I hope everything works out.

Please let us know.
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 07:45 PM   #27
sawickipedia
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks_63 View Post
I finally got my ressies merged.

It took me about 3 weeks.

Just a heads up, Goldi
Just had a 3 weeker too - i had completely forgot about my request when I finally got the confirmation request.

for disney news - check out/follow my disney twitter list of leading WDW news sites

home resorts: bwv/blt/pvb/aul/riv
1982 - PR / 1984 - PR / 2012 - PR / 2014 - DL (off-resort) / 2015 - POR / 2017 - POR / 2018 - BCV & BWV/ 2019 - BWV & BWV / 2020 - RIV, PVB & BWV / 2021 - BWV, RiV, BWV / 2022 - BWV, RIV, BLT / 2023 - BWV
sawickipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 09:36 AM   #28
AnnaS
Add-on Aficionado

I made a 2 night reservation for my son (March 2023) with my membership.

He has the next 5 nights reserved with his membership.

We will now call or contact MS through the site and ask the two reservations be linked/merged in the hopes they do not have to move.

So we can expect this to take a few weeks? No hurry since we have plenty of time but is this similar with what is being posted here?

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 10:13 AM   #29
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaS View Post
I made a 2 night reservation for my son (March 2023) with my membership.

He has the next 5 nights reserved with his membership.

We will now call or contact MS through the site and ask the two reservations be linked/merged in the hopes they do not have to move.

So we can expect this to take a few weeks? No hurry since we have plenty of time but is this similar with what is being posted here?
They can only link reservations made with 2 separate memberships, they cannot merge them. While you are not guaranteed to stay in the same room they do try to honor this. Remind at check in to be safe
Old 08-18-2022, 12:12 PM   #30
Adelard of Bath
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Remind at check in to be safe
Agreed. Years ago we had a shindig at OKW with three separate rooms and somebody at the front desk of OKW wrote their direct number on a piece of paper, told us to call them about a week before the trip, and they would hopefully work it out.

The three rooms ended up being pretty close together. The room for wife and I was just a little separated which suited me just fine
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote