home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-13-2022, 01:33 PM   #1
skywatcher1206
One Bedroom

Default Private Car Recommendations

Hi All,

We are taking the kiddos for their first visit to Universal Studios (staying at Hard Rock) in September. We are thinking of flying instead of driving as we have some Skymiles to use. I remember reading some recommendations for private car services a while ago. Does anyone have any private transportation recommendations? I would be interested in having a limo for the trip from the Airport to the hotel and would just Uber back to airport after the trip.

Thanks!
skywatcher1206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 02:10 PM   #2
cpnkirk
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywatcher1206 View Post
Hi All,

We are taking the kiddos for their first visit to Universal Studios (staying at Hard Rock) in September. We are thinking of flying instead of driving as we have some Skymiles to use. I remember reading some recommendations for private car services a while ago. Does anyone have any private transportation recommendations? I would be interested in having a limo for the trip from the Airport to the hotel and would just Uber back to airport after the trip.

Thanks!
I've not used an actual limo service, but there are several town car services at MCO. I've used Orlando Airport Towncar Service before, and have another run scheduled for our next trip.

I'm sure the services provided by each of the companies that do this are similar -- they met us at baggage claim (and knew exactly where to stand to get the bags super quick!), had the car waiting right outside the door, and even stopped at Publix on the way to the hotel for us to pick up some room snacks (might not need this if you don't have the full kitchen). The trip back was great as well...they dropped us off right outside the SW check-in area, where we could use the curbside service to check our bags, avoiding the chaos inside! Plus, you get to pick your time for returning to the airport.

We even had the same driver both times (don't know if this is always the case yet). They have a towncar or an SUV, depending on how much room you need.
cpnkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 02:44 PM   #3
johnb
One Bedroom

We've been using Murray Hill Transportation for years. He drives a multi-passenger van, not a limo. Nice guy and great service.
Old 07-13-2022, 02:48 PM   #4
CaptJacksFamily
Grand Villa

While have not used them at MCO (home airport so we don't need car service) we have used Blacklane both domestically and throughout Europe and never had any issues. I don't know if they have actual limos (never asked) they typically have picked us up in Mercedes town cars.
Old 07-13-2022, 03:28 PM   #5
BEAM4DVC
Two Bedroom

We have used Tiffany Towncar with great success for the past 15+ years! They have Towncars and Limos (and other van sizes too). They have always been at the bottom of the escalators at Baggage Claim when we land and on time on our departure days. Their towncars (the only size we have ever needed for the 4 of us) are always clean and comfortable.

I just referred a friend to Tiffany for their March 2022 WDW vacation and they were delighted with the service! So a recent review gives them a thumbs up!
BEAM4DVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 03:33 PM   #6
Nickys
Grand Villa

I remember Tom saying he recommended Tony Hinds.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 07:14 PM   #7
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAM4DVC View Post
We have used Tiffany Towncar with great success for the past 15+ years! They have Towncars and Limos (and other van sizes too). They have always been at the bottom of the escalators at Baggage Claim when we land and on time on our departure days. Their towncars (the only size we have ever needed for the 4 of us) are always clean and comfortable.

I just referred a friend to Tiffany for their March 2022 WDW vacation and they were delighted with the service! So a recent review gives them a thumbs up!
As much as I love Tiffany and have used them off and on for over 20 years, they do not have limos.

Friends have used Happy Limo, but I have not.
Old 07-14-2022, 09:56 AM   #8
SnowWhite4
Grand Villa

I used Happy Limo last year and will be using them again in October. My niece and her family just used them in June and we are all very happy with their service. If you check Mousesavers I believe there is a coupon for them.
Old 07-14-2022, 10:05 AM   #9
Rigby
Grand Villa

Another vote for Tiffany town car. Those guys are great!
Old 07-15-2022, 08:52 AM   #10
skywatcher1206
One Bedroom

Thanks everyone! 😊
skywatcher1206 is offline   Reply With Quote