home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > LIFE AFTER DVC > Downsizing DVC
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-01-2022, 08:38 PM   #21
Jenifurby
Two Bedroom

We are also selling the HHI contract and replacing with VGF points.

Instead of downsizing, went with a little bit bigger. We live close to WDW, and would rather have the home resort advantage for VGF.

@Jenifurby
Jenifurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 09:18 PM   #22
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
We donít have any grandfathered contracts left, but we do have the 25 points we bought direct several years ago. That is enough to maintain our blue card.

While we are not interested in Disney APs, we do like the merchandise and food discounts.

We are going to be selling our HHI points soon for the three reasons mentioned by OP.

High maintenance
2042 ending date
Current high resale prices.

We will be needing to replace those 230 points, but we are not yet sure which way to go. OP bought VGF, but I m not sure that that resort is right for us. Maybe the new Poly?
I might suggest that AKV is still a pretty good value with lowish point costs and a good end date. However, you can often stay in Kidani SV at 7 months without issue. So weigh that against whether you need priority somewhere else.

I'm kind of waiting to see how things go with the Disneyland Tower (unlikely) or if they do another conversion at Yacht Club or the hotel side of Boardwalk (IMO more likely).
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 09:54 AM   #23
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
We donít have any grandfathered contracts left, but we do have the 25 points we bought direct several years ago. That is enough to maintain our blue card.

While we are not interested in Disney APs, we do like the merchandise and food discounts.

We are going to be selling our HHI points soon for the three reasons mentioned by OP.

High maintenance
2042 ending date
Current high resale prices.

We will be needing to replace those 230 points, but we are not yet sure which way to go. OP bought VGF, but I m not sure that that resort is right for us. Maybe the new Poly?
If you don't go with the Poly then maybe CC or BL? They have longer contracts and maybe better dues than AK.
Old 04-30-2022, 08:02 PM   #24
wdw1972
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschwarzbauer View Post
I just purchased 125 points at Grand Floridian and will be selling my 175 point contract at Vero. The $11.34 dues at Vero was a big factor plus I felt I had to many DVC points so I will now have 50 less. With the 2042 end date fast approaching and the current hot market for DVC points I though the time was right.
Many years ago I bought 150 points at AKV (I'm a founding member) and sold off 160 Vero points. Like you, the dues were a consideration but also I just plain didn't like Vero enough to use the points to stay there - so why pay the ridiculous dues??? It was a good move - I'd held the Vero points about 10 years and got a little more than I'd originally paid for them - so 10 years of trips were basically done at the cost of annual dues.

Enjoy your GFV dues! I think I'm done adding or buying/selling at this point.

wdw1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 08:36 PM   #25
dschwarzbauer
Grand Villa

Default Akv

I am also a founding member at AKL, my name is at the bottom right of the second tapestry. I will look for your name next time I am there, May 17. On the bright side my AKV concierge just came through for December 16-18.
dschwarzbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 08:43 PM   #26
wdw1972
Grand Villa

Quote:
I am also a founding member at AKL, my name is at the bottom right of the second tapestry. I will look for your name next time I am there, May 17. On the bright side my AKV concierge just came through for December 16-18.
I don't remember which tapestry I'm on, but it's on the lower half an my name then was Sue Holland. Congrats on the waitlist coming through!! I have concierge level booked for late May and early September, and I fear that will be the end of my getting it. Even at 11 months, due to the walkers it's gone - and although in the past a room would get freed up later that day I haven't seen that happen recently :-( My friend Holli & I were out for a late lunch/happy hour today and I mentioned this. My backup plan is if I can't get club level I might be able to book a 1br villa somewhere else and we'll do the "faux concierge lounge" - the heck with Disney!

Old 04-30-2022, 08:48 PM   #27
dschwarzbauer
Grand Villa

Default Waiting list

I was on it for three months. Usually it comes through within a day as I also book at 11 months 8 am. My group loves concierge, we always close it down. My daughter usually gets pretty drunk when we are there. There should be hope for your future reservations since I did get mine after three months.
dschwarzbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 08:56 PM   #28
wdw1972
Grand Villa

Quote:
I was on it for three months. Usually it comes through within a day as I also book at 11 months 8 am. My group loves concierge, we always close it down. My daughter usually gets pretty drunk when we are there. There should be hope for your future reservations since I did get mine after three months.
Thanks - this gives me hope for the waitlist. We're there before 5 until after we get the desserts. We may leave between 7 & 8 to see the animals but we're back by 8. One trip my son drank so many Tuskers they ran out (ok, it probably wasn't just him). Can't wait to get back there and enjoy the lounge again - 25 days from now :-)