home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 03:08 PM   #111
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrbazzle View Post
What is the easiest way to add a person to a DVC reservation? Can I do this online? (I didn't see an option, but maybe I missed it). If not, phone or chat? What information do I need to provide DVC? It's not a family member, but the person is linked as a family/friend in MDE. I want to be sure they can see everything on their MDE.
You have to call MS and give their information. Linking in MDE is really just for food and FP stuff, but if need be you can have them link the reservation number to their accounts in MDE after they are added.
Old 02-26-2018, 03:20 PM   #112
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
What is the easiest way to add a person to a DVC reservation? Can I do this online? (I didn't see an option, but maybe I missed it). If not, phone or chat? What information do I need to provide DVC? It's not a family member, but the person is linked as a family/friend in MDE. I want to be sure they can see everything on their MDE.
If you are just changing names you can use the chat feature on the DVC website. Obviously, you can all call to make the change too.

You may need to give the person the confirmation number to add to their MDE and link the ressie. Once they have the confirmation number they can add it to their MDE if it doesn't link up automatically.

Where I'm Going 2020:

Currently all Travel is Under Reconsideration

Old 02-26-2018, 03:24 PM   #113
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrdgrs View Post
If you are just changing names you can use the chat feature on the DVC website. Obviously, you can all call to make the change too.

You may need to give the person the confirmation number to add to their MDE and link the ressie. Once they have the confirmation number they can add it to their MDE if it doesn't link up automatically.
Ah, cool. It would just be adding a person, not removing anyone. The person has a very common name, though, so I wasn't sure if there were additional details needed (birthday or something). I'll probably give the chat a go.

Thank you.
Old 02-26-2018, 03:42 PM   #114
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Ah, cool. It would just be adding a person, not removing anyone. The person has a very common name, though, so I wasn't sure if there were additional details needed (birthday or something). I'll probably give the chat a go.

Thank you.
All DVC will ask is if the person is an adult (18+) or a child. If they are a child you would only need to give them the age of the child at the time of check-in. They don't ask for a specific birthday.

I use the chat for this all the time with my rentals. If the wait time on the phone is long I go to the chat feature.

Where I'm Going 2020:

Old 02-26-2018, 03:43 PM   #115
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrdgrs View Post
All DVC will ask is if the person is an adult (18+) or a child. If they are a child you would only need to give them the age of the child at the time of check-in. They don't ask for a specific birthday.

I use the chat for this all the time with my rentals. If the wait time on the phone is long I go to the chat feature.
Excellent. Thank you again.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:26 PM   #116
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Since they are linked as friends and family to to your MDE account rowbazzle you'll be able to link the hotel to them yourself. After MS has added them then when you sign on to your MDE it should note that there's been a change to the reservation and ask of xxxx person is the one it should link to in MDE.
Old 02-27-2018, 01:05 PM   #117
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Since they are linked as friends and family to to your MDE account rowbazzle you'll be able to link the hotel to them yourself. After MS has added them then when you sign on to your MDE it should note that there's been a change to the reservation and ask of xxxx person is the one it should link to in MDE.
That's exactly what happened. Y'all really know your stuff.
Old 02-27-2018, 06:08 PM   #118
kiapgh23e
Grand Villa

Non-dvc stay dining plan question. We have Ft Wilderness booked, got tickets already. So we can get the dining plan now (did it last trip).

My question, when i call to book DP can i use a disney gift card as payment? Or is it CC only?

MOD 97
Old 02-27-2018, 06:15 PM   #119
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiapgh23e View Post
Non-dvc stay dining plan question. We have Ft Wilderness booked, got tickets already. So we can get the dining plan now (did it last trip).

My question, when i call to book DP can i use a disney gift card as payment? Or is it CC only?
Yes, you can use a gift card to purchase the DDP

Where I'm Going 2020:

Old 03-01-2018, 11:15 PM   #120
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Is there somewhere I can go to see the amount of each room type by resort? For example: VGF has 20 standard studios and 27 lakeview studios; 30 standard 1-bedrooms and 30 lakeview 1-bedrooms; 40 standard 2-bedrooms and 47 lakeview 2-bedrooms. I made these values up, but that is the kind of information I'm looking for. Thanks.