home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-18-2018, 10:41 PM   #31
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
We were at bcv this summer two weeks, they knocked every time then entered, before I had a chance to open the door.
Do they still have the safety latches on the inside of the door?
Old 10-18-2018, 10:46 PM   #32
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
I think they do...I never use them.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:29 AM   #33
vampiroth
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
They do.
vampiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:10 AM   #34
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

I've gotten in the habit of using those safety latches when I'm in the room, although I have not had an issue of anyone walking in on me. Just prefer that piece of mind that I'm in control rather than someone else.
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:29 AM   #35
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

I never use the safety latches because there are five of us, and nowthat the kids are older they come ang go as they please. I should use it at night, just never think to.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:17 AM   #36
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

I was just curious. I always use those when traveling alone. And if Disney CM’s are knocking and walking in without actually allowing the guest time to answer the door, I will use them on our next trip as well. I understand that the room checks are mandatory. But I also don’t like strangers barging into my room. The use of the latch will prevent that.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:17 AM   #37
Mass Transit
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicsmom View Post
Please let us know what you “see” with your camera! Very interesting!
I know we left some items in the safe. Next day, The front desk swore up and down that the couldn’t access the room, couldn’t access the safe as the room was occupied... until they did! Into room and SAFE, and got my items!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachclubmum View Post
That's funny, because we had a safe issue too. Locked, code keyed in successfully, but the latch wouldn't open. Someone with special equipment finally had to come in and get it open for us. They definitely have ways to access the safes!
News story out today about hotel staff (I didn't read the entire article, so I don't know where) using the electronic master code to open room safes. I have one to open/program all of the electronic pushbutton door locks at work, so I'd be pretty sure that whoever installs the safes or is responsible for their maintenance would also have one code that opens them all (hopefully not the room number, but it could be a variation of that).
Old 10-19-2018, 09:09 AM   #38
LouisianaMike
Studio

We were there at BWV's three weeks ago, and yes they came everyday between 9-11am knocking on door and then emptying trash cans. We start the day late, so were in room most of the days when they came to do the daily room check.. On one occasion, my wife was in the shower when the door suddenly opened to her surprise.. I was out on a solo venture at DHS when this took place.

I guess I'm okay with this, although a set time would be nice so we can expect it or just be out of the room.

LouisianaMike
LouisianaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:44 AM   #39
OttawaWendy
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
We were at bcv this summer two weeks, they knocked every time then entered, before I had a chance to open the door.
I don't like that. I could be getting out of the shower, or just lounging in my underwear at the end of the day. And the chances I'm wearing a bra are close to zero. I get that you may need to do the check, but give me time to get to the door myself.

Quote:
I was just curious. I always use those when traveling alone. And if Disney CM’s are knocking and walking in without actually allowing the guest time to answer the door, I will use them on our next trip as well. I understand that the room checks are mandatory. But I also don’t like strangers barging into my room. The use of the latch will prevent that.

OttawaBoy's birth announcement and hospital support thread - good to read if you need a cry
OttawaWendy's views on "buy where you want to stay" versus "buy where it's cheapest"
Previous trip reports:
December 2009 - AKV and SSR; March 2010 - HHI; December 2010 - Kidani; January 2013 - Boardwalk Villa (OB = 19 months); November 2013 - AKL (OB = 31 months)
OttawaWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:03 AM   #40
Loro
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaWendy View Post
I don't like that. I could be getting out of the shower, or just lounging in my underwear at the end of the day. And the chances I'm wearing a bra are close to zero. I get that you may need to do the check, but give me time to get to the door myself.
That happened to me. I was showering after hitting the pool one day and heard a knock as I got out of the shower. Guy started to come in even though I yelled "just a second." He closed the door pretty quickly after he saw me though

I asked him if everything was okay through the door, and he apologized and said we were good. I don't think they came back the rest of the trip.

I'm a guy who grew up playing sports and have been in so many locker rooms that I don't really care about someone seeing me generally, but it was still not cool. If it would have been my wife they walked in on the guy would have at the very least had a broken nose.
Loro is offline   Reply With Quote