home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-18-2018, 02:13 PM   #21
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunter View Post
Can you start making selections for fastpasses at midnight on your day? Or do you have to wait till a certain time?
7 am eastern

JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 02:31 PM   #22
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rer1972 View Post
I have the same complaint. My cousin and his family arrive a day early, and are staying at a hotel in the Disney Springs area that qualifies for early FP. He was able to get FOP for the 4th day in the vacation, but when I went in to try to get the same time for my wife and I they were gone. Seems like a real shame, and takes some of the value of staying at Disney resorts away.

Ended up getting a mid-morning FOP FP on the 6th day of our trip. Sadly, we had wanted to do a couples thing that 4th day. Oh well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
If you are all connected via Family & Friends in MDE, they could have included your family when they made their FP+ selections.

Agree - they should have included you when they made the FP.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:32 PM   #23
mikayla73
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Not sure why the middle would be better than the end. Further out would certainly have less competition.

Cheers.
Eh - I just meant as opposed to starting at the beginning. The end works too.
mikayla73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:49 AM   #24
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Bring back paper FP's I miss the old system and no planning. Since I am a person who usually does not overplan (thank you disney - now i plan my vacation immediately after returning for 11 month advantage) our first family trip to disney in 05' would have been awful with this new system. We would have been shut out of every ride. With the old system, we quickly became park commandos and had the system down to a T, we would get there for rope drop get in line for a popular ride, while in line DH would run and get FP for another ride, get off ride one, usually get in ride 2 use FP then get FP for another ride get in line for different ride then do FP immediately get another FP do two more rides do next FP, get another FP Have lunch, do the next FP then get one more FP in for later in the day. (we would average 5-6 FP's a day per trip).
I think disney needs to give gets staying on site 4 FP's as opening up the hotels in the springs area defeats the purpose of staying on. I also think with 4 FP's one should be without restrictions - hence you can book TT and soarin ect.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:06 AM   #25
Mass Transit
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
Bring back paper FP's I miss the old system and no planning. Since I am a person who usually does not overplan (thank you disney - now i plan my vacation immediately after returning for 11 month advantage) our first family trip to disney in 05' would have been awful with this new system. We would have been shut out of every ride. With the old system, we quickly became park commandos and had the system down to a T, we would get there for rope drop get in line for a popular ride, while in line DH would run and get FP for another ride, get off ride one, usually get in ride 2 use FP then get FP for another ride get in line for different ride then do FP immediately get another FP do two more rides do next FP, get another FP Have lunch, do the next FP then get one more FP in for later in the day. (we would average 5-6 FP's a day per trip).
I think disney needs to give gets staying on site 4 FP's as opening up the hotels in the springs area defeats the purpose of staying on. I also think with 4 FP's one should be without restrictions - hence you can book TT and soarin ect.
We actually like this new FP system better. I can do all of our planning while I'm at work months before our trip and then just enjoy our time at Disney. Our last trip was the first time we didn't get up really early. All of our FPs were scheduled for later in the day, so we had a late breakfast, and grabbed Starbucks at whatever park we went to. Once we burned our 3 FPs, I looked to see what else was available to ride. If it was something in another park, we went there. No rush, no early rising, no late days. A really relaxing vacation (of course, this was our 4th trip this year).

I agree with your 4 FPs for on-site guests idea.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:26 AM   #26
LouisianaMike
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dare2Dream2009 View Post
Has anyone else experienced the slinky fastpass line to be shorter than every other fastpass at all the major attractions? I am convinced they aren't giving away as many fastpasses for this ride. On two separate occasions on our last trip we were in the fastpass line for slinky less than 5 mins. I've waited over 30 mins in the fastpass line for soarin', test track, rock n roller, etc
We were in the SDD FP line a few weeks ago, and they actually filtered non-FP folks into our line, and ushered them ahead of us when the line split once inside the MB scanning area.. We were not pleased about that one bit!! Not the part about letting others through due to the low numbers in the FP line, but ushering them ahead of us while we were already inside the second MB scan area. I gave the CM and evil eye... I did send Disney an e-mail later that week to express my displeasure at the way CM's were handling the lines in the FP and non-FP areas..
LouisianaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 12:15 PM   #27
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisianaMike View Post
We were in the SDD FP line a few weeks ago, and they actually filtered non-FP folks into our line, and ushered them ahead of us when the line split once inside the MB scanning area.. We were not pleased about that one bit!! Not the part about letting others through due to the low numbers in the FP line, but ushering them ahead of us while we were already inside the second MB scan area. I gave the CM and evil eye... I did send Disney an e-mail later that week to express my displeasure at the way CM's were handling the lines in the FP and non-FP areas..
I've never cared for the split in 7DMT.

But where did they move people in with FP? From the first scanners to the second scanners it's pretty much on it's own.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:15 PM   #28
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rer1972 View Post
I have the same complaint. My cousin and his family arrive a day early, and are staying at a hotel in the Disney Springs area that qualifies for early FP. He was able to get FOP for the 4th day in the vacation, but when I went in to try to get the same time for my wife and I they were gone. Seems like a real shame, and takes some of the value of staying at Disney resorts away.

Ended up getting a mid-morning FOP FP on the 6th day of our trip. Sadly, we had wanted to do a couples thing that 4th day. Oh well.
too late for you now -- but if you are MDX buddies with your cousin, he could have booked FPs for your party at the same time he booked his, even though your FP window hadn't technically opened up.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 12:19 PM   #29
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
I hate the old system. You had no control over your day and just had to bounce around hoping you could get a FP. Running around the parks and collecting paper tickets is not a fun thing. I experienced the old system in DL Paris this year, and I was not able to ride nearly as much as I can accomplish using the FP+ system.

The maxpass at Disneyland is a nice hybrid -- but it sucks to have to buy it everyday for everyone in your party.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 04:28 PM   #30
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass Transit View Post
We actually like this new FP system better. I can do all of our planning while I'm at work months before our trip and then just enjoy our time at Disney. Our last trip was the first time we didn't get up really early. All of our FPs were scheduled for later in the day, so we had a late breakfast, and grabbed Starbucks at whatever park we went to. Once we burned our 3 FPs, I looked to see what else was available to ride. If it was something in another park, we went there. No rush, no early rising, no late days. A really relaxing vacation (of course, this was our 4th trip this year).

I agree with your 4 FPs for on-site guests idea.
Not a planning thing for us. We couldn't do much because we hated running around the park screwing with chasing down those machines. We didn't come in early then, so by the time you came in you were hosed. I hated it. It was a godsend when I could just schedule my FP from home before I went. Love it.
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote