home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-18-2018, 04:48 PM   #1
nicsmom
Grand Villa

Default FP and split stay question

I have a split stay 2 nights, 1 night, 6 nights. They are continuous.

I am within my 60 day window.
If I have to cancel the first 2 days of my trip, do I run the risk of screwing up my FP selections for the rest of my stay?

I went on line and when I went to cancel the first split it said I would lose any FP associated with this reservation. Is this just the FP made in those 2 days? Or all FP made for the whole stay?

TIA!
nicsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 05:15 PM   #2
Nickys
Grand Villa

Itís a generic warning that comes with any cancellation.

Mostly because if you cancel a package, you will lose your FPs unless you link another ticket within 24 hours.

There have been no reports Iíve seen of people actually losing FPs. And Iím sure word would get out quick if it did happen. Youíre good, those FPs will 99.999999% certainly stay, even for the cancelled days.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:31 PM   #3
Fiveresorts
One Bedroom

You won't be able to make FP+ reservations for your entire stay. If your first stay is 2 days you will only be able to make them til the end day of that reservation and then you will have to wait til 60 days before the start of your next stay.
Fiveresorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:10 AM   #4
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveresorts View Post
You won't be able to make FP+ reservations for your entire stay. If your first stay is 2 days you will only be able to make them til the end day of that reservation and then you will have to wait til 60 days before the start of your next stay.
Not for FPs. You can book for the entire length of all back to back stays.

For ADRs there will be separate booking windows, but Member Services can book for you for the whole time.
Old 11-10-2018, 06:59 PM   #5
elainemcb
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I currently have a reservation from 12/27 - 1/1, and have made my fastpass selections. We are now thinking about arriving on 1/3 - 1/7. If I make a new reservation, will I be able to make my fast pass selections without tickets as I would need to change the start date of the ones I currently have? Thanks.
elainemcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 06:53 AM   #6
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by elainemcb View Post
I currently have a reservation from 12/27 - 1/1, and have made my fastpass selections. We are now thinking about arriving on 1/3 - 1/7. If I make a new reservation, will I be able to make my fast pass selections without tickets as I would need to change the start date of the ones I currently have? Thanks.
What kind of tickets do you have, and are they part of a package? When did you buy them?

Essentially you need to have unused days on your tickets to book FPs for the new days.

Those days would also need to be within the ticket validity period, which for old style tickets is 14 days, but for new style tickets varies depending on the no. of days on the tickets.

However you could cancel FPs from the existing tickets and book the new days. Subject to the validity above.