home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-18-2018, 10:25 AM   #1
Loro
Grand Villa

Default Quick parking question for friends meeting us

So the Mrs. and I just found out we have friends who will also be down at WDW during our stay. They, however, are staying offsite. If they pick us up on the way to a park can we use our free parking benefit even though it is not our car and not everyone is staying onsite?

I feel like this should be a yes, but I want to confirm before I tell them anything. We generally don't have a car and use Uber/Lyft as needed, so this is new for us.
Loro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:07 AM   #2
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loro View Post
So the Mrs. and I just found out we have friends who will also be down at WDW during our stay. They, however, are staying offsite. If they pick us up on the way to a park can we use our free parking benefit even though it is not our car and not everyone is staying onsite?

I feel like this should be a yes, but I want to confirm before I tell them anything. We generally don't have a car and use Uber/Lyft as needed, so this is new for us.
I'm not 100% sure -- but if you're in the car with them, I don't see what the problem would be. My understanding is that they scan magic bands at the guard gate, so you'd be able to hand over your magic band. It's not like Disney knows what kind of car you drive.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:07 AM   #3
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loro View Post
If they pick us up on the way to a park can we use our free parking benefit even though it is not our car and not everyone is staying onsite?
Yes. Just make sure the CM at the theme park auto plaza scans a MB from someone staying on-property (or has an Annual Pass).

JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:22 AM   #4
cw62803
One Bedroom

You won't have any problem at all.
cw62803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:24 AM   #5
Loro
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
I'm not 100% sure -- but if you're in the car with them, I don't see what the problem would be. My understanding is that they scan magic bands at the guard gate, so you'd be able to hand over your magic band. It's not like Disney knows what kind of car you drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
Yes. Just make sure the CM at the theme park auto plaza scans a MB from someone staying on-property (or has an Annual Pass).
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw62803 View Post
You won't have any problem at all.
Thanks, everyone!
Loro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:30 AM   #6
cpnkirk
Two Bedroom

a related question: We are going next year and my SIL's family will be staying with us using points. We are flying, but they are driving. I've ordered all the magic bands, made the reservations, etc. I assume that when they arrive (with their magic bands) that they won't have to pay to park? The bands will be in their name, but staying on points so I guess this would be the same situation for a non owner who rented points?
March 2014, off site

cpnkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:35 AM   #7
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnkirk View Post
a related question: We are going next year and my SIL's family will be staying with us using points. We are flying, but they are driving. I've ordered all the magic bands, made the reservations, etc. I assume that when they arrive (with their magic bands) that they won't have to pay to park? The bands will be in their name, but staying on points so I guess this would be the same situation for a non owner who rented points?
Disney resort guests get free parking at the theme parks.

All reservations made with DVC points (regardless of room occupants) get free daily resort parking.

JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:36 AM   #8
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnkirk View Post
it is my understanding that they should be fine.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote