home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 07-22-2018, 01:22 PM   #1
Patricksp
One Bedroom
 
Patricksp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 454
Default DVC and Annual Pass at Disneyland

IF Disney decided to add another DVC resort at Disneyland, if you buy can you get an AP like you do at Disney World? I see rumors of a new resort and we are thinking of adding on more points.
Patricksp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 01:30 PM   #2
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado
 
Goofygrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,171
Default

DVC only gets a $20 discount on APs and it's not on any of the less expensive ones. I believe Deluxe on up. Basically, going to DL is going to be full price for the parks unless you are a CA resident since the $20 is a drop in the bucket for their AP pricing.
__________________
Three Little Circles
Goofygrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 02:17 PM   #3
luaulei321
Add-on Aficionado
 
luaulei321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
DVC only gets a $20 discount on APs and it's not on any of the less expensive ones. I believe Deluxe on up. Basically, going to DL is going to be full price for the parks unless you are a CA resident since the $20 is a drop in the bucket for their AP pricing.
More specifically, a SoCal resident. Northern California residents qualify for no ticketing discounts or specials when they have promotions available.
__________________
BLT, VGC, Aulani
luaulei321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:03 PM   #4
The.disney.couple
Two Bedroom
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Southern California
Posts: 593
Default

As others have stated, you get a miserable $20 discount. The renewal discount is better than that.

I hope that they do add a DVC component at Disneyland, either at the new resort or by converting one of the Disneyland Hotel towers.

I wish that they would have a DVC discount on the Premiere Annual pass (Where you can visit both California and Florida parks). Or have a DVC annual pass that was good for both coasts. I think people might be more inclined to visit both coasts more often, I know I would
__________________
Home Resorts: VGC, PVB, CCV

Check out my disney photography
https://www.instagram.com/the.disney.couple/?hl=en
The.disney.couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:26 PM   #5
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.disney.couple View Post
As others have stated, you get a miserable $20 discount. The renewal discount is better than that.

I hope that they do add a DVC component at Disneyland, either at the new resort or by converting one of the Disneyland Hotel towers.

I wish that they would have a DVC discount on the Premiere Annual pass (Where you can visit both California and Florida parks). Or have a DVC annual pass that was good for both coasts. I think people might be more inclined to visit both coasts more often, I know I would

Agreed completely (again).
Brian5581 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 07:28 PM   #6
starry_solo
Two Bedroom
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: California
Posts: 542
Default

How much is the DVC AP with no black out dates and all parks?
starry_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 07:57 PM   #7
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado
 
ermindy1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry_solo View Post
How much is the DVC AP with no black out dates and all parks?
Someone please PM starry_solo with that answer. I don't think my heart can take the sticker shock!
__________________
(ME, Mindy) (DH, Tim) (DS, Brandon) (DD, Emily, Emma, or Princess, lol!) (DSGF, Heather)
ermindy1133 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:50 PM   #8
The.disney.couple
Two Bedroom
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Southern California
Posts: 593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry_solo View Post
How much is the DVC AP with no black out dates and all parks?
The WDW Platinum pass with DVC discount is $729 (all 4 parks but no water parks) and the Platinum Plus pass with DVC discount is $829 (includes waterparks).

For comparison, a no blackout date pass at Disneyland is $1129 with DVC discount.

The Premiere pass is $1579 plus tax (Good at all WDW and Disneyland parks)
__________________
Home Resorts: VGC, PVB, CCV

Check out my disney photography
https://www.instagram.com/the.disney.couple/?hl=en
The.disney.couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:06 PM.

MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software