home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-18-2018, 10:38 PM   #31
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks_63 View Post
I love your tip about the Kroeger bar to sit at while we shop.

Beautiful pictures. Looks like having a wonderful trip, with a little rain.

I will use next March (next Tennis tournament) for DD.

DD just finished up her freshman year.

WooHoo

Goldi
Great to have the first year done, isn't it? Survived the tuition payments the first year. And DDs survived being away from home. Win win!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephorin View Post
Great idea. My DH says all stores should have a bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney54us View Post
So nice that you can have a girls trip, three generations. That is something your girls will always have. Great pictures, so fascinated by HH.
Sorry about your MIL, hope she continues to do well.
I laughed at your comments and your mom, wanting a sit down breakfast and lunch. My mom is 86+, been dealing with her many health issues in recent months but she to this day no matter what time, what is going on. Do you have time, for us to get something to eat?
The nighttime picture from your balcony wants me to book tomorrow.
Congrats on the girls first year, done.
Thank you. It's been a great trip and my mom said, a couple times, that it was a really great time. She likes it here better than WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiggleWorm View Post
Planning our first Hilton Head trip for next summer, so I’m excited to read your trip report. Maybe I missed this, but did you fly or drive there? I know you’ve talked about parking, etc. We will fly in (not sure if we’ll do Savannah or Charleston), but I’m trying to decide if we need to rent a car. I’d love to hear your thoughts! Or anyone else’s who’s been there. Thanks!
We drove. Parking is limited and tight here. we have been parking in the garage and it only has about 25-30 spots that are super narrow and it's very tough to navigate. It would be about an hour from Savannah so I am not sure how you'd get here without a rental. Once here, you could make do without a car. There is a shuttle to/from the beach or you can rent bikes. It's like 1-1.5 miles to the beach house. There is a whole marina and then shopping plaza right here with dining and grocery and shopping (even a Belks). You could walk or bike to it all. Or Uber nearby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
May 18...
Woke at 8.40 to my alarm so we could get ready for 10.15 kayak tour. Some didn't sleep well because neighbors above were really noisy until like 1.30 am. So we started getting ready when phone rang from recreation to tell us that our tour was cancelled due to rain coming. And the rain began.

I started laundry and did dishes. We are now about to head out for lunch. Looks like rain all day.
Continued...
We went to Guiseppes for lunch. It is in the Shelter Cover area right past Kroger. It was good food but they were hit and miss as far as service went. But it was rainy and cloudy so we really were in no hurry and went with the flow. We had dressed for beach/pool so I gassed up the car at the Kroger gas station right there (for drive home tomorrow) and we headed over to the beach. We were uncertain since it was cloudy and still misting rain. But when we got to the beach the sun came out and the rain stopped.

We sat at the beach for a while. No swimming. It was not busy even though it was about 1:30, but soon it started to get more busy out there and at the pool there. We people watched and here is a little throwback to the old 'dogs at Disney resorts' thread. We sat on the beach 2 days and saw about 12 dogs, right in front of the Disney beach house. All on leash but one. And one was on a leash that was not being held. We watched him go after 2 little kids who walked by. One of the poor little fellas was in sheer terror trying to get away from the dog. The lady promptly packed up and left the beach. Right after that, the beach service gal went over to the off leash dog owners and asked them to put it on a leash.

We went up and sat by the pool for a while. Mom and I had some drinks before the bar closed at 5. DDs and I played ping pong. We packed up and left around 6.

We showered up and got ready for dinner. I made a reservation for Crane's steakhouse at 7:15. It was a neat little place but pretty pricey and not worth that cost, IMO. Mom got filet and the rest of us got prime rib. It was not the best I've had. It wasn't bad but not WOW good. After that we drove into Coligny to get ice cream at Moo's. Then back to resort to get organized and packed a little. The folks above are super noisy again. But, it won't bother me as much as the others because I have some great little earplugs I saw Sue recommend in one of her awesome TR.

That's it. Leaving tomorrow....whenever. Maybe 9:30-10. Sad to go Thanks for following!!

Last night at Frosty Frog

At Guiseppes

Beach

Owners since 2006 at OKW, HHI, BWV & CCV
LAURA's next trip(s):
2018- Oct 5-6 at CCV Oct 6-14 CCL Horizon cruise Oct 14-15 at HHI and Dec 19-24 at BLT/BWV
2019- Jan 4-12 RCCL Grandeur OTS and Jan 18-21 HHI

Last edited by Lamima; 05-19-2018 at 09:05 AM.
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 03:07 AM   #32
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Have a safe drive back. Thanks for taking the time to share. Great pictures!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 09:13 AM   #33
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Have a safe drive back. Thanks for taking the time to share. Great pictures!
Thanks Brian!!!

So, the folks above seemed to be partying and we could hear them stomping all over above us and in the living room area we could hear lots of loud voices and laughing and fooling around...like an actual party. I put in my earplugs and went to sleep after posting to my TR. My mom and DDs also were asleep all by around 11. Then At 11:30 I woke to my mom flicking on the light and hurrying out of the room. I got up and discovered (couldn't hear it) that my mom was yelling through the door at a lady that had been banging on our door. The lady then said 'oh sorry, wrong room' and she went upstairs to the room above us. So back to bed we go and tried to get back too sleep. Up now getting ready. Hope to be on road around 9:45.

LAURA's next trip(s):
2018- Oct 5-6 at CCV Oct 6-14 CCL Horizon cruise Oct 14-15 at HHI and Dec 19-24 at BLT/BWV

Last edited by Lamima; 05-19-2018 at 09:14 PM.
Old 05-19-2018, 08:01 PM   #34
Disney54us
Grand Villa

Nice the sun came out for your last day at the beach.
Seriously, Iím fine with people having fun, but when your loud fun starts to interfere with my vacation, my patience level pivots.
Disney54us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 09:48 PM   #35
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney54us View Post
Nice the sun came out for your last day at the beach.
Seriously, Iím fine with people having fun, but when your loud fun starts to interfere with my vacation, my patience level pivots.
Exactly. I am pretty forgiving of noisiness from 8am to 11pm, but when it spills outside that time frame I tend to be less tolerant of any noisiness. And this went until 1:30am and they'd start up at 7am. My mom wondered when they even slept. I wondered if there was a group in a couple villas who maybe put all the youngins in one villa which happened to be above ours. Or they just did nighttime fun with adults at one villa and kids at other.

LAURA's next trip(s):
Old 05-19-2018, 09:54 PM   #36
Disney54us
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
Exactly. I am pretty forgiving of noisiness from 8am to 11pm, but when it spills outside that time frame I tend to be less tolerant of any noisiness. And this went until 1:30am and they'd start up at 7am. My mom wondered when they even slept. I wondered if there was a group in a couple villas who maybe put all the youngins in one villa which happened to be above ours. Or they just did nighttime fun with adults at one villa and kids at other.
Well if it was the same who could party til 1:30 and be up at 7:30 am, have to say Iím a bit envious but fine if you have a beach house somewhere I donít have to be bothered. A open party that brings visitors knocking on my door...yes, we will have a problem. Iím sure your mother handled it.
Disney54us is offline   Reply With Quote