home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-14-2018, 08:13 PM   #11
Disneycat
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

IG I have no idea but I do know that not all guest services do it. In April the guest service outside magic kingdom would not do our DAS we had to go inside.
The right CM will make the exception from 6 to 8. It is your immediate family. Don't take no if you get one, just go to another guest services or ask for management.
Rider swap has no age limit but you can not use DAS if the person in your party who needs the DAS, does not ride the ride so fastpass the rides your son can not go on.
Disneycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:57 PM   #12
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Congratulations on your new additions! Enjoy what is sure to be an extremely memorable trip.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 09:33 PM   #13
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneycat View Post
IG I have no idea but I do know that not all guest services do it. In April the guest service outside magic kingdom would not do our DAS we had to go inside.
The right CM will make the exception from 6 to 8. It is your immediate family. Don't take no if you get one, just go to another guest services or ask for management.
Rider swap has no age limit but you can not use DAS if the person in your party who needs the DAS, does not ride the ride so fastpass the rides your son can not go on.
I wonder if they were too busy? They often redirect there when possible. I was talking with a CM and we were discussing the best locations and while DHS exterior got a nod, so did Epcot in the park. MK both locations were a pass if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Times3 View Post
We havenít used DAS Iin a couple of years but at the time Disney was NOT able to assist us with it in Disney Springs. Has that changed?
They had mentioned how bad DS was and said to avoid but maybe they were generalizing or incorrect? So maybe don't count on there. I don't go to DS much anyway so I didn't think to question it.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:24 PM   #14
jnrrt
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneycat View Post
Thank you - that was my plan if I knew other larger families had gotten an exception. I feel like most will think it's reasonable since it's just our family.

And thanks for the FP tip. We were just talking about that - he is not allowed on coasters, so most of our FPs ended up being for coasters, but I may see if I can change 2 of them for a different ride at a similar time or something so he's not just waiting all the time. Fortunately, he says he thinks he'd hate coasters, so at least he's not sitting there wishing he could go - he's kind of glad for the excuse and jokes that he's getting my husband out of them since they make him sick.

The read-it-if-you-dare trip report that ate Orlando

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
- Arthur O'Shaughnessy, "Ode"

jnrrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:25 PM   #15
jnrrt
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Congratulations on your new additions! Enjoy what is sure to be an extremely memorable trip.
Thank you! We are all so excited.

Old 05-14-2018, 10:27 PM   #16
jnrrt
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
I wonder if they were too busy? They often redirect there when possible. I was talking with a CM and we were discussing the best locations and while DHS exterior got a nod, so did Epcot in the park. MK both locations were a pass if possible.

They had mentioned how bad DS was and said to avoid but maybe they were generalizing or incorrect? So maybe don't count on there. I don't go to DS much anyway so I didn't think to question it.
Interesting that some have a reputation for being better than others for this. Well, we will try the IG, and if we can't get it there, we would probably have time to try the exterior at MK that same day. Otherwise, we'll have to do it the first park day, and since we're trying to rope drop at AK, I'd love to not have to waste time at guest services, but it will be what it will be!